• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

This is me begging the group not to start a long tirade about the failures of comicchron, the inaccuracies of print run estimates and the veracity of asserted print runs from retailers regarding their "store variants" ... please don't do it. 

Image result for south park please don't do it

If you don't want any trouble, you'll put the chicken down and slowly back out of the swimming pool with your hands in the air....

:makepoint:

38 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Did you mean "failures of illiterate clowns who can't read the explanation given of what the numbers mean and don't understand how variant ordering works" (or something along those lines)?

:whee:

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

I tune in to that seller's Tuesday night Facebook pre-sale as well. I have bought a couple books from them but mostly I just observe to get a feeling for what new books are moving.

Not only do they jack up some books way over cover ($10-15 bucks in some cases) but even their "cover price" is $5.00 on non-hot books.

I watch people eat their books up hand over fist and shake my head. I can go get those right now at Midtown for $3.39 with cheaper shipping.

Oh well I guess it's working for them so who am I to say anything. They obviously have a good thing going. Just kind of puzzles me.

Who is paying $5 for non-hot generic $3.99 cover price new books?

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

Did you mean "failures of illiterate clowns who can't read the explanation given of what the numbers mean and don't understand how variant ordering works" (or something along those lines)?

Is it ok to say 1:10, 1:25, etc? I'll admit, I don't know what that really means (do comic shops get 1 for every 10 copies ordered, but back at Diamond there could be another 2,000 copies of the vaiant in inventory?), but is it ok to repeat it in a description?

8 hours ago, manetteska said:
20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The sellers that bug me are the ones that only want friend payments which ironically has hurt them down the road with paypal anyway.

If people think this place is bad, go check out Instagram. Huge $ books and the sellers want Friends and Family only.

Other gear-grinding (specific to IG): Adding the hashtag #comicsforsale and a). when asked, the book is not for sale or b). the price is best offer. If you want to sell the book, set a price.

I was talking about FB and IG not this place.

Edited by fastballspecial

18 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I was talking about FB and IG not this place.

Outrageous!  Only the most thoughtful minds in comics populate FB and IG groups!! lol  They are about as even handed and moderately tempered as the emotionally stable minds on the CGC boards.  :roflmao:

:takeit:

Captain America 25 has been on fire last few days. 2014

All the Die Hans cover are selling well issue 1 is inching up now.

Ultimates 25 selling very well.

Naomi 1 has broken the $100 barrier several times now raw. WOW

Shadoman 13 is really really moving currently.

West Coast Avengers 9 and 10 Both doing well.

Early Frison covers from Hack Slash sell very very well.(Look Red Sonja too)
Also multiple error copies from that series sell well.

Hulk 377 is rebounding climbing in price over $20 for 8.0 is common

Early Spider-man Series newsstands are starting to sell well with 12 & 13 leading they
way.

Going off the grid now till I see Avengers End Game tomorrow morning.

Edited by fastballspecial

11 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

Outrageous!  Only the most thoughtful minds in comics populate FB and IG groups!! lol  They are about as even handed and moderately tempered as the emotionally stable minds on the CGC boards.  :roflmao:

:takeit:

Oh come on. FB and IG make these boards look like a gathering of Rhodes scholars discussing Greek philosophy. 

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Captain America 25 has been on fire last few days. 2014

All the Die Hans cover are selling well issue 1 is inching up now.

Ultimates 25 selling very well.

Naomi 1 has broken the $100 barrier several times now raw. WOW

Shadoman 13 is really really moving currently.

West Coast Avengers 9 and 10 Both doing well.

Early Frison covers from Hack Slash sell very very well.(Look Red Sonja too)
Also multiple error copies from that series sell well.

Hulk 377 is rebounding climbing in price over $20 for 8.0 is common

Early Spider-man Series newsstands are starting to sell well with 12 & 13 leading they
way.

Going off the grid now till I see Avengers End Game tomorrow morning.

Glad I picked up a bunch of Frison a few years back. 

Her Voltron cover is pretty pricey.  Definitely wasn't one on my radar. 

Ant-man 10 cover has always been one of my favs.  Still doing well for such an obscure pairing. 

Beauty 1 is pretty consistent.  

Patrick

On 4/27/2019 at 12:39 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Oh come on. FB and IG make these boards look like a gathering of Rhodes scholars discussing Greek philosophy. 

I think that's an understatement - FB and IG groups often look like monkeys throwing poop at one another lol  My biggest gripe about people on the CGC boards is that they pretend like they are somehow different from the buying groups (TRENDS, FACTS, CBSI, etc.) when the CGC boardies are just another one of those groups :preach: 

15 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

OMG. Fear Itself #7 is a hot book? lol Gonna add it to the shopping list.

14 hours ago, kairos70 said:

Another Avengers: Endgame associated issue. I like the Immonen variant. Uru weapons for everybody.

I guess it resembles the movie more, but Thor 390 is still the first time. I assume this is one of two things:

1. People making something out of nothing because they want to sell their copies.

2. People buying these because Thor 390 has jumped up considerably.

Either way, in a month these will be a fraction of what they are now.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I guess it resembles the movie more, but Thor 390 is still the first time. I assume this is one of two things:

1. People making something out of nothing because they want to sell their copies.

Only difference from Thor #390 is that Steve Rogers was The Captain in the black costume in that issue as opposed to him being in his Captain America costume in Fear Itself #7. You're correct that it's a better resemblance to the scene in Endgame. I can't deny that the market is eating this stuff up in the interim.

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I have both but I do like "Captain America" over "The Captain" picking up Mjolnir, but they both are Steve Rogers. lol  It's just a matter of preference