• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Care for some more endgame craziness? (dont click on them if youre worried about spoliers)

This one is really blowing up now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-vol-4-12-2011-Iron-Man-Wields-The-Infinity-Gauntlet-Endgame/273827061660?hash=item3fc15d5f9c:g:KKEAAOSwG~hcx9jW

And this one seems to be picking steam

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Man-284-Sep-1992-Marvel-Death-Tony-Stark-NM/372203165926?epid=85425647&hash=item56a90998e6:m:mCKh9nDVd7DIJ6LDZtnIX9g

Edited by Aweandlorder

15 hours ago, the authority said:

@Aweandlorder thanks. Especially for the #284. I’ve passed that book a hundred times looking for the 1st War Machine. Lol

Yea - I've got a stack of Iron Man 283 - 300 that is just sitting since I grabbed the set for the 282.  To the boxes!

Wait a sec.  Did just one copy sell even close to that high?  Looks like only a trickle of sales and most are low priced :(

Edited by 1Cool

29 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Yea - I've got a stack of Iron Man 283 - 300 that is just sitting since I grabbed the set for the 282.  To the boxes!

Wait a sec.  Did just one copy sell even close to that high?  Looks like only a trickle of sales and most are low priced :(

Iron Man is a dog as far as being perceived as a good comic to collect. Fortunately I like IM and keep putting together my high grade run. Dealers never have a good inventory of IM to the point I just stop looking. I still need a HG copy of 219 but going to wait on that one as some ebay folks think they are going to get north of $700 for it.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Def trending based on sales.. Up till April 16 there was only one random sale of that book, which is typical of a 1$ bin book.. then over 20 sales since...

Interesting that on April 16 there were so many sales of that book.. As far as I know there was no internet hype about this at all:

Spoiler

Were there spoilers about Tony Stark's death that early in April? hm 

1 hour ago, Twisted_Road said:

Howling commando sales are related to spec that Glyph will be in a disney+ show

Looks like the high ebay sales suggest people are after the 1:25 ratio variant. Standard #1 can still be picked up for cover price.

I didn't look at eBay sales, but I know the 1:25 variant for Howling Commandos of SHIELD sold out at midtown (I think I got the last NM copies).  It's a book that I think is a keeper for a minute (not just hte 1:25, but all the ratios and the A cover).  The speculation is not so much about a Disney plus show as it is that Marvel confirmed its Trademark on the character Glyph (whose first appearance is in that issue) a the same time it confirmed trade marks for Spirits of Vengeance, Helstrom and one other character/group (which I don't remember now for some reason).  Marvel doesn't do a lot of that, the character Glyph is a strong young female hero with Egyptian heritage and fits the mold for a character they will either drop on Hulu, Disney+ , in the MCU or some combination thereof or at worst are sufficiently interested in that they will certainly give her a boost on the pages of books.  Note that Hitmonkey (for example) is also a member of the HCOS so it appears that they may be thinking of doing something there too.  It's a book I'm hot on (until the buy in looks like Naomi #1  then I'll start bad mouthing it lol).   

1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

I didn't look at eBay sales, but I know the 1:25 variant for Howling Commandos of SHIELD sold out at midtown (I think I got the last NM copies).  It's a book that I think is a keeper for a minute (not just hte 1:25, but all the ratios and the A cover).  The speculation is not so much about a Disney plus show as it is that Marvel confirmed its Trademark on the character Glyph (whose first appearance is in that issue) a the same time it confirmed trade marks for Spirits of Vengeance, Helstrom and one other character/group (which I don't remember now for some reason).  Marvel doesn't do a lot of that, the character Glyph is a strong young female hero with Egyptian heritage and fits the mold for a character they will either drop on Hulu, Disney+ , in the MCU or some combination thereof or at worst are sufficiently interested in that they will certainly give her a boost on the pages of books.  Note that Hitmonkey (for example) is also a member of the HCOS so it appears that they may be thinking of doing something there too.  It's a book I'm hot on (until the buy in looks like Naomi #1  then I'll start bad mouthing it lol).   

Ghost Rider was the other done at that time. There were more including what looks like a new video game. But, nothing that hasn't already been released.

4 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

Would that be the Offenders?