• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,724 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

I got one but it's all jacked up. lol  I hope someone subs a 9.8.  hm

#120 thru 137 have to be super tough. 

It's not easy finding the books in high grade sans newstand. 

Patrick

22 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

What If? 114 sold 20+ copies the last two days. Some kind of Steve Rogers/Peggy Carter kid hype?

There are a lot of What If issues to mine for ideas to make into a reality in the main continuity. Bunch of first/only appearances of characters in that issue.

28 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

What If? 114 sold 20+ copies the last two days. Some kind of Steve Rogers/Peggy Carter kid hype?

https://comicbookinvest.com/2019/05/14/connecting-the-dots-caps-kids/    Steve Rogers and Rogue's daughter.   After watching Endgame, yup..totally makes sense :roflmao:

Edited by Second Blight

I was at a flea market last year and a guy had a shoe box of nothing but What If 114, like a dozen copies or so.He wanted to sell it for $20, I politely declined. Right now, and only now I’m questioning my decision lol.

4 hours ago, jcjames said:

4 Kids Walk Into A Bank is heating up today.

3 hours ago, artistlost said:

It seems to have been optioned

The writer (currently working for Marvel as well), was hired to write a screenplay for it. From there it gets shopped and POSSIBLY optioned. From there there are many other hoops to jump through to get it to TV or cinema.

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/status/1128340780555362304?s=20

4 hours ago, BishopT said:

I was at a flea market last year and a guy had a shoe box of nothing but What If 114, like a dozen copies or so.He wanted to sell it for $20, I politely declined. Right now, and only now I’m questioning my decision lol.

I would have been thrilled to get that box for $20. 

Obviously they have to be in nice shape. 

Last issue and it's sold well a number of times over the years.  Just dips frequently too.  But can't hurt to sit on them for awhile until the bump comes again (like now).

Patrick

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

I would have been thrilled to get that box for $20. 

Obviously they have to be in nice shape. 

Last issue and it's sold well a number of times over the years.  Just dips frequently too.  But can't hurt to sit on them for awhile until the bump comes again (like now).

Patrick

No kidding. Unless they were beat up, I would do that deal every single day.

15 hours ago, Second Blight said:

https://comicbookinvest.com/2019/05/14/connecting-the-dots-caps-kids/    Steve Rogers and Rogue's daughter.   After watching Endgame, yup..totally makes sense :roflmao:

I think there was interview with the screen writer that caused the book to spike where they seemed to imply this was "canonical" but it didn't peak my interest so I didn't pay enough attention to say for sure.  I think Yogogo read the whole article so maybe he can key us in on what exactly was said?  

9 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

No kidding. Unless they were beat up, I would do that deal every single day.

They weren’t great, like fine-ish. I mostly didn’t get it because I figured the four or so I already owned were enough. 

40 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

JLA Avengers is really starting to heat up.

Jla avengers has always been a good seller esp issues 3 & 4 and particularly the tpb and SE HC 

the latter would sell regularly for years for 150-300

i mean.. years

Crossover titles like these are MONSTERS with readers who are not necessarily collectors. A lot of the DC/Marvel crossover tpb, amalgam tpb, classic crossover treasuries, are big hits with readers. Teen titans/x-men crossover for example is a book that never really appreciated tremendously in price but was ALWAYS been sought after. These are the kind of books that you save to your searches and wait till someone lists them for a buck or five and then comfortably flip them for 25+ 

Sometimes they experience a spike upwards for no apperant reason, sometimes not, but historically they've always sold well for the general public

Edited by Aweandlorder