• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, kimik said:

Check out the prices on Spawn #174, 175 and #216 as well. They are going for more than #221 now. Insane.

Can't understand why for 216 ?  I see eBay sellers are selling it as first appearance of freak but freak first appeared in issue thirty something and had a few reappearances along the way 

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Please don't remind me. doh!

I sold my 174s for $15 each and my 175s for around $30 to 40 I think.

Similar story here. Sold the pair for $50. :( Which is good money just not the ludicrous, filthy lucre sellers are getting for the pair now.

2 hours ago, MGH said:

Can't understand why for 216 ?  I see eBay sellers are selling it as first appearance of freak but freak first appeared in issue thirty something and had a few reappearances along the way 

Yup, early Spawn baddie.

Comic app posted "low print run" Spawn books.

Follow the bouncing ball...

21 hours ago, MGH said:
On 6/11/2019 at 11:55 PM, kimik said:

Check out the prices on Spawn #174, 175 and #216 as well. They are going for more than #221 now. Insane.

Did Freak appear in Image Zero (1993), the send-away book with the early Image coupons (such as the one in Spawn #4)?

4 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

LCS sold out of the Black Silver Surfer and Image's Sonata 1. 

There was still a stack of Silver Surfer Black on the shelves at Midtown Comics just a few hours ago. They also had Walking Dead 192, but limit 1 and marked up to $6 (which I was surprised with, as they rarely mark up new books in my experience.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Did Freak appear in Image Zero (1993), the send-away book with the early Image coupons (such as the one in Spawn #4)?

Yes, but only as a pinup. His first partial appearance was Spawn #33 (just seen as a pair of eyes in the background). His first full appearance was Spawn #37.

I dont know if Pearl is doing very well,after the spec release a couple weeks ago. I looked it up FMV was $38 just after the release in 9.8,now its $22.

I picked up a Die 1 9.8 for $90 usd

Than I chatted with the writer briefly on Twitter this morning, which made my otherwise chalkboard boring day bearable.

54 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Some good movement on Batman and Robin Adventures Annual #1. I don't know if I can trust the sold listing, but one apparently sold for $119 today.

I don't get that book. Is there something more important in that book versus the 1st appearance? Because
its 1st appearance in the DCU?

I am sure the sell is solid unless the seller tells us he didn't pay which is possible, but asking 3x the current
ending sales rate is ridiculous.

The book has always sold well just not that well.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:59 PM, Lobstrosity said:
On 6/13/2019 at 2:44 PM, valiantman said:

Yes, but only as a pinup. His first partial appearance was Spawn #33 (just seen as a pair of eyes in the background). His first full appearance was Spawn #37.

With the preview obsessed public we have now, after two+ decades of holding on to worthless Image #0s, I'm finally RICH!!

:acclaim: