• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

So why are sellers asking $70 or more for the 2nd print variant of marvel presents 6 with wolverines daughter on the cover? The book isnt out yet and surely the comic stores didnt pay that for the book from diamond comics.

5 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

So why are sellers asking $70 or more for the 2nd print variant of marvel presents 6 with wolverines daughter on the cover? The book isnt out yet and surely the comic stores didnt pay that for the book from diamond comics.

A better question is who the hell would pay that for a cover that is just the reveal panels from the interior of the book?!? It's not even unique art, how ef'n lazy can they be?!

Edited by maidenmate91

6 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

A better question is who the hell would pay that for a cover that is just the reveal panels from the interior of the book?!? It's not even unique art, how ef'n lazy can they be?!

Damn is that really the cover? I thought it was just one seller being creative with the image of the book. Another question is why wasn't there a variant for issue 6? Seems like there were variants for all previous issues

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:
9 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Damn is that really the cover? I thought it was just one seller being creative with the image of the book. Another question is why wasn't there a variant for issue 6? Seems like there were variants for all previous issues

Never mind all that; this is what Wolverine looks like now?!

wolvie.jpg

Spider-Man Life Story #2 is selling for $10 to $20 and is being labeled the first "black goblin".

Also this week should see a renewed interest in Rose Wilson - first appearance is Deathstroke #15 (1992).

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Spider-Man Life Story #2 is selling for $10 to $20 and is being labeled the first "black goblin".

Also this week should see a renewed interest in Rose Wilson - first appearance is Deathstroke #15 (1992).

What is happening with Deathstroke's daughter?

36 minutes ago, manetteska said:

+ Inhumans vol2 #5

+ Black Widow (marvel knights) #1 - variant selling better than reg cover

That's a pretty early "variant" cover, no? hm

7 minutes ago, divad said:
45 minutes ago, manetteska said:

+ Inhumans vol2 #5

+ Black Widow (marvel knights) #1 - variant selling better than reg cover

Yep, and there's actually 2 more -- both through Dynamic Forces -- but the real (current) standout is the JG Jones one.

3 hours ago, divad said:

I think all of the series Marvel launched around this time had an early variant. The Avengers family of books (Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor) all had "Sunburst" variants for #1. Many other titles had a second cover for the second issue. I guess to keep the orders up after #1?

Judging by the line awaiting the opening of my LCS this morning, the like of which I have probably not seen in many a year, I'm going to guess the current and last issue of The Walking Dead might make the grade for this here thread, no?

13 minutes ago, wpbooks01 said:

Judging by the line awaiting the opening of my LCS this morning, the like of which I have probably not seen in many a year, I'm going to guess the current and last issue of The Walking Dead might make the grade for this here thread, no?

I think sales have been around $20 on eBay late last night into today. We'll see if it continues. 

Shops had no way to know this was the last issue when ordering, so 1st-print supply is what it is. It all depends on demand at this point. 

5 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I think sales have been around $20 on eBay late last night into today. We'll see if it continues. 

Shops had no way to know this was the last issue when ordering, so 1st-print supply is what it is. It all depends on demand at this point. 

It's entirely possible that they printed a large excess, knowing that shops are going to want to re-order. That's what seemed to have happened with the recent issues, based on their availability to order after the release

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It's entirely possible that they printed a large excess, knowing that shops are going to want to re-order. That's what seemed to have happened with the recent issues, based on their availability to order after the release

Good point. I guess we will soon find out.