• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

I pay attention to credible rumors, not some dude on Facebook spreading misinformation to sell books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumor

"A rumor (American English) or rumour (British English; see spelling differences) (origin word from latin is 'rumorem', or noise) is "a tall tale of explanations of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or issue in public concern."[1]

In the social sciences, a rumor involves some kind of a statement whose veracity is not quickly or ever confirmed. In addition, some scholars have identified rumor as a subset of propaganda. Sociology, psychology, and communication studies have widely varying definitions of rumor.[2]

Rumors are also often discussed with regard to "misinformation" and "disinformation" (the former often seen as simply false and the latter seen as deliberately false, though usually from a government source given to the media or a foreign government).[3] Rumors thus have often been viewed as particular forms of other communication concepts."

2 minutes ago, manetteska said:

OPTIONED, huh?

It's funny, but an option isn't really much of anything. Basically it lets a studio (or perhaps not even a studio, maybe just a no-name producer trying to build some cred) try to raise interest/funding to produce a movie. I think if I created an independent comic, I would print tons extra, and then give away the option to a studio (lots of small studios try to get an option to develop a property for free, but professionals will pay for them (and people will expect to be paid) and then announce the property was optioned, and sell all the extras to cover the cost of comic production.

6 minutes ago, manetteska said:

OPTIONED, huh?

yeah, I did the "sell similar" and kept the full title in my haste. I usually stay away from that sort of thing but yeah, optioned. Sorry. OPTIONED

26 minutes ago, Bird said:
33 minutes ago, manetteska said:

OPTIONED, huh?

yeah, I did the "sell similar" and kept the full title in my haste. I usually stay away from that sort of thing but yeah, optioned. Sorry. OPTIONED

They’re your caps not mine, bro.

And I don’t think it is optioned, correct?

Edited by manetteska

1 minute ago, manetteska said:

It was more about the content than the font size. Is it optioned?

the bro...dude thing is a thing. Was joking. 

as to your question, I think so but could be wrong.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:31 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Correct : the book is heating up

Also correct: we live in dangerous times when it comes to speculation

correction: very very very dangerous times 

Amen to that.

The two people who paid almost $15K respectively for copies of Werewolf By Night #32 in 9.8 with no return in sight can attest to this.

12 hours ago, Bird said:

Contrary to what people have said in this thread in the past days, there are rumors, but nothing official.

Oh, also Bendis did a social media post about it a month ago.

16 hours ago, Bird said:
16 hours ago, manetteska said:

It was more about the content than the font size. Is it optioned?

The whole world has already been "optioned." lol