• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:25 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Dude! What I know or don't know about this book isn't relevant, nor am I making any claims about it. Someone claimed that a book someone else was selling was fake, and that he knew how it was faked. When asked for proof, claimant was unwilling and unable to provide any. 

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "claimed that this happens." What is "this"? That these books are faked? Or that fakes are produced that fool CGC? 

The answer to the first is "yes, absolutely", and the answer to the second is a solid "no."

By all means, if you have evidence of this book being faked in a way that will fool CGC, share it. The community needs to be aware of these things, wouldn't you agree?

CGC being fooled could happen, Look at all the fake signatures people send into JSA or PSA! It happens and will continue to happen!

1 minute ago, Vietnam67 said:
On 3/24/2019 at 9:25 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Dude! What I know or don't know about this book isn't relevant, nor am I making any claims about it. Someone claimed that a book someone else was selling was fake, and that he knew how it was faked. When asked for proof, claimant was unwilling and unable to provide any. 

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "claimed that this happens." What is "this"? That these books are faked? Or that fakes are produced that fool CGC? 

The answer to the first is "yes, absolutely", and the answer to the second is a solid "no."

By all means, if you have evidence of this book being faked in a way that will fool CGC, share it. The community needs to be aware of these things, wouldn't you agree?

CGC being fooled could happen, Look at all the fake signatures people send into JSA or PSA! It happens and will continue to happen!

No one suggested otherwise.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Oh okay, so now you're acknowledging that the "error", can in fact be replicated.  Glad we agree on that now.  However....

First, you don't know what I have or have not notified CGC of.

Second, I have no "duty" or "obligation" to do anything.  

Third, this was years ago.

Fourth, CGC is far from perfect, and are subject to criticism, suggestions, etc from their customers like any business is.

Latsly, you have all the "proof" you're going to get, so consider yourself duly warned.  But in case you missed it from the two other times I said it when the topic became relevant with the sale of that sketchy looking raw copy on ebay- buyer beware on copies of that book.  (thumbsu

-J.

Lol Jaydog, I think these guys are trying to get you to admit to counterfeiting. That's hilarious. Loose Lips Sink Ships!

1 hour ago, Vietnam67 said:

All I see, I was just stating their are fakes out there, probably more on books, then on comics.

The issue...from March....was not whether or not fakes exist, but whether or not there were fakes that were getting by CGC. No one said it couldn't happen...only that it hasn't happened, and isn't very likely to happen, barring some significant advance in counterfeit production in the future.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The issue...from March....was not whether or not fakes exist, but whether or not there were fakes that were getting by CGC. No one said it couldn't happen...only that it hasn't happened, and isn't very likely to happen, barring some significant advance in counterfeit production in the future.

Well, you guys are asking him for proof, Your just asking him to just roll over and admit he's sending in fake comics! No one in their right mind would admit to sending in fake comics to CGC. At least I hope not!

1 hour ago, Vietnam67 said:
1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Well, you guys are asking him for proof, Your just asking him to just roll over and admit he's sending in fake comics! No one in their right mind would admit to sending in fake comics to CGC. At least I hope not!

Yes, everybody who makes claims should produce proof when challenged. But no one was asking anyone to admit they are "sending in fake comics."

"No one in their right mind would admit to sending in fake comics to CGC"...why not? People send in fake comics to CGC all the time: Cerebus #1, Cry For Dawn #1, TMNT #1, X-Men #94, to name a few. What they're not trying to do is get fake comics past CGC and graded as genuine. Your phraseology is interesting. You're correct, those who hope to pass fakes through CGC as genuine would not be in their right mind to admit they were doing it, true...but that doesn't mean they haven't tried.

39 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yes, everybody who makes claims should produce proof when challenged. But no one was asking anyone to admit they are "sending in fake comics."

"No one in their right mind would admit to sending in fake comics to CGC"...why not? People send in fake comics to CGC all the time: Cerebus #1, Cry For Dawn #1, TMNT #1, X-Men #94, to name a few. What they're not trying to do is get fake comics past CGC and graded as genuine. Your phraseology is interesting. You're correct, those who hope to pass fakes through CGC as genuine would not be in their right mind to admit they were doing it, true...but that doesn't mean they haven't tried.

Agree!!!

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:19 AM, fastballspecial said:

That's all you got from that? I post regularly on at least 4 or 5 different boards just like it.

Either produce a valid discussion or go away. Ridiculing me doesn't change anything
of the information I provided it only shows you have nothing in rebuttal. 

I like the action you give Fastball, I'm with ya Bro!

12 hours ago, shiro9 said:

Here's the paper girls info, couldn't find anything on it until right now.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/07/12/paper-girls-comic-image-brian-k-vaughan-amazon-stephany-folsom/

Wow. Full series order.