• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, manetteska said:

So from that self-admitted vague teaser, you deduced it was picked up for TV?

Yes, that's enough to buy at that time. And now is when you would be selling for a nice quick profit.

Edited by ygogolak

35 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
On 7/12/2019 at 9:46 AM, manetteska said:

So from that self-admitted vague teaser, you deduced it was picked up for TV?

Yes, that's enough to buy at that time. And now is when you would be selling for a nice quick profit.

So many writers/creators/etc tweet announcements all the time; the majority of them do not lead to shows or movies. It's usually merch, a new arc, a hiatus, new artist, new writer, etc etc.

5 hours ago, mysterymachine said:
7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I can't see Paper Girls sustaining any real value - there were plenty of copies of this book to go around. If you have them, sell

Thief of Thieves 1 all over again.

That's not really an accurate comparison. I made very very good money on Thief of Thieves 1. The value on that book skyrocketed
and the variants sold very well.

Paper girls has quite a bit more copies involved and its not at the beginning of the movie hype like ToT was.

I’m on vacation for a week and Paper Girls is the hot book of the week - I guess every book has a shot at this point.  At least I didn’t have any copies in the boxes and I missed my window

On 7/13/2019 at 11:58 AM, manetteska said:

So many writers/creators/etc tweet announcements all the time; the majority of them do not lead to shows or movies. It's usually merch, a new arc, a hiatus, new artist, new writer, etc etc.

Maybe someone like Donny Cates, sure. But we know now that’s he’s just a salesman. But the only person I can remember throwing around “big news” that literally meant nothing was for Enormous.

And, btw, that’s part of speculation. When you buy on confirmed news you’re just following the market.

Edited by ygogolak

34 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Ones that I can remember the last few years. All below had something beyond just
optioned, but didn't pan out for one reason or another.

Letter 44
Sixth Gun
Thief of Thieves
Todd the Ugliest Kid

Don't forget the biggest one of all - Peter Panzerfaust

Went as far as visual ads for a BBC series with Elijah Woods, Summer Glau and Ron Perlman - all of whom committed to the show and did live interviews.

Then - poof. Gone.

Revival (10K for a 10.0) - Les Revenants amongst other TV shows killed that one.

Zombies Vs Robots (shanghied by a crappy Dolph Lundgen film)

Powers - Actual preview episodes filmed and then canned.

Yeah, Todd - I remember Ken coming on here announcing a Disney series, toy and clothing deal - nope, nothing. And no more ken either. Funny that.

Edited by Beige

31 minutes ago, Beige said:

Went as far as visual ads for a BBC series with Elijah Woods, Summer Glau and Ron Perlman - all of whom committed to the show and did live interviews.

Then - poof. Gone.

Revival (10K for a 10.0) - Les Revenants amongst other TV shows killed that one.

Yeah, Todd - I remember Ken coming on here announcing a Disney series, toy and clothing deal - nope, nothing. And no more ken either. Funny that.

I didn't know this until last year, but he was one of the writers for Punisher I think on Netflix.

2 hours ago, Beige said:

Then - poof. Gone.

I thought Powers was a series on Playstation something or other. Am I imagining that?