• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, fastballspecial said:

Ones that I can remember the last few years. All below had something beyond just
optioned, but didn't pan out for one reason or another.

Letter 44
Sixth Gun
Thief of Thieves
Todd the Ugliest Kid

Sixth Gun was great, you're talking 50 straight issues and 4-5 mini series, backed by a writer that's making a name for himself in Marvel.  What did Todd have, 8 issues?

7 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

You misunderstand my quote.

I thought all 4 of those were great books. Their options didn't work out for TV or movies.
I really thought Sixth Gun was a very interesting idea similar to Supernatural and their use of Sam Colt.

Correct, no market or TV but there is a lot more value in TSG books than Todd.  There is a very large reader base for the sixth gun that may one day that may boost the after market collectability of the original series.

1 minute ago, spreads said:
10 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

You misunderstand my quote.

I thought all 4 of those were great books. Their options didn't work out for TV or movies.
I really thought Sixth Gun was a very interesting idea similar to Supernatural and their use of Sam Colt.

Correct, no market or TV but there is a lot more value in TSG books than Todd.  There is a very large reader base for the sixth gun that may one day that may boost the after market collectability of the original series.

TSG was an amazing read. One of my favorite books to come out of the modern era. I don't think the show hype ever translated into a dramatic rise in primary-market sales, but it seemed to bring some new readers on board. Future readers of Bunn's work will be doing themselves a favor to check out TSG 

29 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:

You guys excited about Brubaker's deal?  I'm stoked about it.  I hope Fatale catches fire.  That series was awesome back in the day.  Brubaker is a beast.  

There is a blast from the past. I remember when Fatale was hot back in 2012.

He's done a ton of great stuff. Criminal, Velvet and The Fade Out never received speculation love, but they are great reads worthy of a buy for anyone who likes comics.

25 minutes ago, manetteska said:

How are TMNT 51 and 95 the first appearance of Jennika?

Because people don't read comics and just use words that other un-informed sellers are using.

1st cameo of Jennika is 51. 1st full is 52. 1st appearance as a turtle is 95. She will become part of the team in the next couple issues. It looks like it will be 97, but they may pull the old switcheroo at the end of 96.

On 7/14/2019 at 9:22 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

I thought Powers was a series on Playstation something or other. Am I imagining that? 

Ended after 2 seasons. Plot was actually good (loosely followed comic) but all-around acting was horrible.

19 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

You guys excited about Brubaker's deal?  I'm stoked about it.  I hope Fatale catches fire.  That series was awesome back in the day.  Brubaker is a beast.  

Brubaker is one of those creators I always buy if I see cheap. Just plucked the 1st 5 issues of Fatale from the dollar bins last week even though I have multiple copies.

4 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

No sh*t Sherlock ;)

That just shows that there hasn't been much interest. I'm talking about the people selling them that actually have them in hand and choose not to open the comic and spend 10 minutes reading it to see what actually is going on.

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

No sh*t Sherlock ;)

IMG_6059.thumb.PNG.aa8aa041a3a069ccc8606a0b135cebb9.PNG

Based on that, a high volume retailer could buy every single copy of TMNT 95 for roughly $25K. Where's that from?