• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

FOMO among those collectors is driving it.
When the last time someone cared about a TMNT book? 
Other then the early issues? Trying to remember.

The Image title. 

Patrick

Young Avengers #1 is on the move again. It goes up and sells lots of copies and it goes down and sells lots of copies.  After the Kate Bishop/Hawkeye show was announced, its back up around $250. Someone dumped a bunch of these in 9.8 in the last month or two. It stunted the growth of the book temporarily. 

Does anyone here think any character who appeared in this book, other than Hawkeye,  has potential for growth or are they never gonna be’s ? Will the Young Avengers appear in the MCU ?

Hello everyone and thanks for a forum of experienced investors and collectors. 

Been collecting since the mid 80's spending my lunch money in comics.

I'm very excited about the "Jane Thor" development...actually think it's the most exciting prospect so far for the next phase.

Yea it's definitely heating and I actually purchased a CGC 9.4 for 85.00 on Mercari last night after I heard the news.

Yeah, I totally missed out on What If #10, don’t know why I never picked one up. However I was buying that 04 Thor #1 any time I saw it for a couple of bucks, and I think I have the Staples variant, too. Also, as stated before Kate Bishop keys are getting back up there... for what the third time in this calendar year? Maybe the values stick this time.

4 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Yeah, I totally missed out on What If #10, don’t know why I never picked one up. However I was buying that 04 Thor #1 any time I saw it for a couple of bucks, and I think I have the Staples variant, too. Also, as stated before Kate Bishop keys are getting back up there... for what the third time in this calendar year? Maybe the values stick this time.

I have one copy of what if? #10 left, I sold two initially when it was revealed that Jane Foster was Lady Thor. Good times.... Lol

1 hour ago, fufat said:

I'm thinking Thor #1 1st appearance last panel. Thor #2 1st full appearance?

Thor #2 is not a first appearance at all. As fastball stated God of thunder #25 last page is a Cameo. First appearance is Thor #1. Bonus: Thor #8 is the reveal of Lady Thor as Jane Foster. 

19 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Thor #2 is not a first appearance at all. As fastball stated God of thunder #25 last page is a Cameo. First appearance is Thor #1. Bonus: Thor #8 is the reveal of Lady Thor as Jane Foster. 

God of thunder cameo, Thor #1 she's on the last page 1st appearance or cameo, Thor #2 she's on the cover and is in many pages 1st full appearance. Am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, fufat said:

God of thunder cameo, Thor #1 she's on the last page 1st appearance or cameo, Thor #2 she's on the cover and is in many pages 1st full appearance. Am I missing something?

Yea I think your missing that she's on the cover of #1 also.

13 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Yea I think your missing that she's on the cover of #1 also.

Yeah...that's true she's on the cover but regardless its still a 1st appearance of her on last page. 

8 minutes ago, fufat said:

Yeah...that's true she's on the cover but regardless its still a 1st appearance of her on last page. 

Indeed it is and though I do not know which way the pendulum will swing but I believe the majority leans toward #1 though I suppose that will not be determined until we see a label.

I think being on the cover trumps all. It was a similar situation with Uncanny X-Men #282 and #283 with the first appearance of Bishop. In #282, he only appeared in the story on the last page, but he was featured predominately on the cover. The market chose #282 over #283 decisively.