• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, maidenmate91 said:

Thor #2 is not a first appearance at all. As fastball stated God of thunder #25 last page is a Cameo. First appearance is Thor #1. Bonus: Thor #8 is the reveal of Lady Thor as Jane Foster. 

Actually Thor #1 isn't a first appearance at all as it is neither the first cameo nor a full appearance. The story arc starts in God of Thunder. TGot #25 has Foster as Thor in 1 panel and 1 full page spread. Thor #1 depicts the character in 1 full page spread and on the cover. 

12 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Actually Thor #1 isn't a first appearance at all as it is neither the first cameo nor a full appearance. The story arc starts in God of Thunder. TGot #25 has Foster as Thor in 1 panel and 1 full page spread. Thor #1 depicts the character in 1 full page spread and on the cover. 

What's up with journey into mystery #84 ?

20 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's up with journey into mystery #84 ?

32 minutes ago, darkstar said:

So 1-panel and  1-splash trumps 1-full cover and 1-splash? 

I would not agree but still as we know from history "counting panels" will never determine this decision. The idea of what is "cameo" and what is "1st full" has many interpretation. 

Bottom line is...CGC will determine and I'm fine with that. 

I've read the whole arc and I consider 1 as first full but then again it's not my opinion that matters.

Edited by Shoomanfoo
Typo

2 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

I would not agree but still as we know from history "counting panels" will never determine this decision. The idea of what is "cameo" and what is "1st full" has many interpretation. 

I've read the whole arc and I consider 1 as first full but then again it's not my opinion that matters.

Why did you quote me?

I was just asking if the JIM #84 was the same Jane foster... 

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Why did you quote me?

I was just asking if the JIM #84 was the same Jane foster... 

Why did I quote you?

Not for any malicious or underhanded reason sir.

I wanted to respond to something that was said with my opinion is all.

Usually helps to "quote" the words I'm responding to so that it makes sense.

Anywho....back to moderns heating up.

5 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

An individual's definitions of cameo and full are largely irrelevant in this case as the appearances of the character in each book are effectively the same. If Thor #1 is considered a cameo, then God of Thunder #25 is also a cameo...except it was released first. If Thor #1 is considered a full appearance, then God of Thunder #25 is also a full appearance...and it was released first.

Thor #1 has a cover appearance and it's a #1 issue and people are always chasing those, but it has 3x the print run of God of Thunder #25. 

I don't really care what happens with any of these as I sold all of my Thor books last night. But many users here often deal in books in which they do not know the actual contents within the pages, so I am merely sharing that information with them. 

14 minutes ago, darkstar said:

An individual's definitions of cameo and full are largely irrelevant in this case as the appearances of the character in each book are effectively the same. If Thor #1 is considered a cameo, then God of Thunder #25 is also a cameo...except it was released first. If Thor #1 is considered a full appearance, then God of Thunder #25 is also a full appearance...and it was released first.

Thor #1 has a cover appearance and it's a #1 issue and people are always chasing those, but it has 3x the print run of God of Thunder #25. 

I don't really care what happens with any of these as I sold all of my Thor books last night. But many users here often deal in books in which they do not know the actual contents within the pages, so I am merely sharing that information with them. 

Hit the nail...people often deal in books they have not read.

Yes 25 has a smaller print but 1 is in much more demand so will be interesting to see how it goes. 

As you sold I bought and that is the best of this business and/or hobby.

It's all very exciting in everyone's end.

Edited by Shoomanfoo
Typo

11 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Regardless of what CGC will label these books in the future, the market seems to be already on board with Thor #1 being the money book. Book going for 300+ now on eBay in 9.8 for the regular cover... time to dig up the couple copies I bought of this book I guess. 

Agreed.

Still waiting from some of the vets on here to give there 2c.

1 hour ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Agreed.

Still waiting from some of the vets on here to give there 2c.

Wait if you wish but the price keeps going higher... lol. Auction just ended for a Thor #1 for $455 in 9.8 regular cover... people are going crazy for Lady Thor right now, and the book to have is Thor #1.

27 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Wait if you wish but the price keeps going higher... lol. Auction just ended for a Thor #1 for $455 in 9.8 regular cover... people are going crazy for Lady Thor right now, and the book to have is Thor #1.

Indeed!

I've actually pulled the trigger already and now my ol' lady is looking at high grade raws.

I liked the book and story when it came out and had a copy once upon a time so had no problem paying the premium.

I buy to collect and I know it's not a loss because it's only going to climb.

I'm really glad they decided to use this concept for the MCU!

8 minutes ago, Rip said:

I think its between What if 10 (9.6 sold for $425) or one of the Ross variants for most expensive

Yea that Ross variant is nice. Someone's asking 5500 for the Ross Sketch.

I think the 1:50 Rubic variant is the nicest looking book.

Young Avengers 1 is a great book.  Non-Bishop characters should be popular, but they need more action.  Thought Hulkling had a good shot, kind of a waste. 

Really all over the place for sales.  

But glad to see the interest. 

Patrick