• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Marbleman3 said:

Hi all - I don’t post much and I don’t mean to offend, but can we please stick to the title “Moderns Heating up on eBay”? I know this is all interesting sidebar, but I’m not so interested in following a discourse on the general trends of the modern market and whether a bubble is about to burst.  I’m just looking to see what people think the “hot” latest issues are. I’m not saying we can’t make comments about this topic, but when it goes on for days/weeks at a time, this thread starts to lose relevance.  I’m sure other followers of this thread would appreciate that too. Maybe take all of this to another new post?

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, Marbleman3 said:

Hi all - I don’t post much and I don’t mean to offend, but can we please stick to the title “Moderns Heating up on eBay”? I know this is all interesting sidebar, but I’m not so interested in following a discourse on the general trends of the modern market and whether a bubble is about to burst.  I’m just looking to see what people think the “hot” latest issues are. I’m not saying we can’t make comments about this topic, but when it goes on for days/weeks at a time, this thread starts to lose relevance.  I’m sure other followers of this thread would appreciate that too. Maybe take all of this to another new post?

Gutt Ghost

3 hours ago, Marbleman3 said:

Please post some books up for discussion then.

Edited by fastballspecial

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:
23 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree with the OP sadly. You cant tell me Nico you haven't seen some of these practices. Many of them learned several from the 
card hobby. Heck a fake Hulk 181 showed at my local shop this year slabbed by PGX. Granted it was PGX, but it really surprised me.

Sources, examples? Or is the another one rant in which people are thrown under the bus yet nothing is revealed?

Just let me know what you want to discuss. Its easier that way so I don't have to guess.

5 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Wher do these  final numbers come from for #1 3rd and 4th print. 

I do not doubt but actually have interest. 

Is 4th lower print than 3rd or is this a guess? 

Please more information. 

Sure, I found them on Comichron's website. According to the site 3rd & 4th printing for #1 does not come up within the top 300 comics for that given month. The numbers shown aren't exact print numbers. You can visit the site and investigate the info.

9 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Please post some books up for discussion then.

(thumbsu

If you've never contributed an on-topic post to the thread, why do you think anybody will care about your whining that it's currently not on topic? "I'm clueless. Tell me what to buy so I can try to make money! :cry:"

Take it easy guys, I tried to say it in the nicest way possible.  I wasn’t whining.  I don’t have a lot of time to do research and post hot items all the time, but I do like to read the boards once in a while and just noticed a recent trend.  I already responded to the point made by Geeks, so consider the issue closed. 

6 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Wher do these  final numbers come from for #1 3rd and 4th print. 

I do not doubt but actually have interest. 

Is 4th lower print than 3rd or is this a guess? 

Please more information. 

Those are North American SALES numbers, not print numbers.

I've been off the boards for a bit, and have been focused on selling/listing much more on eBay.  I can add some recent sales as I know it is something I like to see from other sellers.

Spawn #200 2nd Print 9.6- $52 plus shipping

Spawn #77 Newsstand 8.5/9.0-$35

The Boys #2 VF+ 8.5/9.0-$9.50

The Boys #2 9.2-$14.50

Wonder Woman (vol. 2) #9 Cheetah 7.5-$9.29

Wonder Woman (vol. 2) #9 Cheetah 6.5/7.0-$6.29 x2

Drax (2005) #1 9.2+-$5.50

Spider-Man Noir (2009) #3A 9.0-$14.24

Thor GOT #2 9.2-$15

Gotham City Sirens #2 9.4-$15

Bloodstone (2001) 1-4 8.5/9.0-9.4-$40 on auction... was hoping for better but hey, for books I bought for $.50 apiece I can't complain

Batman Who Laughs (2019) #3 A & B covers 9.6+-$15

Sensation Comics (2015) #4 Hughes cover 9.2-$8

This is just some highlight books, but I've sold much more in the last couple of months.  Black Hammer AOD 1-3 is selling well at cover or better for even 9.0 copies.  If you can find these in high grade in $1 bins, snag them up and flip.  Spawn is on fire and I'm very unhappy I stopped buying the series after 201 up until around 230 something like most others.  Having a stockpile of those issues would be awesome.  Newsstand issues don't disappoint as most on here know.  I have some copies of good issues, but left a huge stockpile behind at a $1 sale years ago that I knew I should have just snagged them all. Live and learn!  Happy hunting and selling

Edited by gradejunky

2 hours ago, Marbleman3 said:

Take it easy guys, I tried to say it in the nicest way possible.  I wasn’t whining.  I don’t have a lot of time to do research and post hot items all the time, but I do like to read the boards once in a while and just noticed a recent trend.  I already responded to the point made by Geeks, so consider the issue closed. 

I am not being hard on you I am just asking a simple question.. I list books in here all the time that I have either sold or seen sell multiple times for discussion and profit. 
You obviously have benefited from this or you wouldn't be posting. Now is the time to either pony up and list some books for discussion. 

Quite a few of discussions here linger away from hot books selling well, but it always returns there. If you listen to some of the other discussion you will actually pick up 
tidbits about the markets concerning waves, trends and issues affecting both buyers and sellers.

One of the only things here that really irritates everyone is a new user coming here telling us how to behave and contributing zero to the discussion other to complain.
It is my sincere hope that you can see our side of how this looks to us coming from you. Because you have already told us your side.

...you really don’t let up.  I do see your point of view and you’ve already called me out. Do I need to be an expert in the industry or a heavy board commenter to know when a conversation is veering off track? I sincerely apologize for inserting what I had thought was a helpful nudge for the thread and it’s clear it wasn’t taken that well. Lesson learned and I intend for my next posts to be more positive and add to the discussion. And you are right, this thread does always find its way back to the main topic.  

“Now is the time to pony up”? If I can’t contribute in a certain way, am I not allowed to read this thread? I am a collector (not a store owner, industry person or large online seller), and I don’t use this thread to make money as you implied. I just enjoy reading all of your thoughts on hot books (especially if it’s about a book I’ve recently picked up that’s picking up steam) and it’s a shame that my comment is having the opposite effect on the thread than I intended.  Can we please move on?  

Edited by Marbleman3

13 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Those are North American SALES numbers, not print numbers.

If that's the case, wouldn't a book sold be considered a sale? Example June 2019 Black Cat #1  255,709 estimate units.  Estimate units mean estimate copies sold? If not then what  does a unit mean?