• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Blade 1 1994 I don't get it. I never thought I would see a 90s glut book like that sell for $50 or even
higher graded

And this, my friends, is why you can’t donate/throw anything away anymore. :tonofbricks:

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Its been a pretty strong month or so for back issues sales.

Sandman leads the pack personally I have sold 5 copies of issue 1 with no issue a @$80-150 depending on grade raw.
I think eventually 4 and 8 might continue to climb near 1 is currently will see.

Marvel Fanfare 11 has been an easy $25+ sale in NM this past couple of weeks sold several copies.

SDCC always causes some market surge and this time no different with Canto among several other Independents
and the Turtle issue which everyone has been complaining about or had their orders cancelled for greed and so on>
Glad I avoided that headache.

Captain Marvel 8 is moving briskly among all copies. What I found interesting is this. Look from here and until they
cant cash in anymore for publishers to follow up 1st appearance with a 2nd print that is huge and offer the 1/25 or so
variant. We seen it several times now so don't be surprised by it.

Eternals 5 is an easy sale for me at $35-50 in midgrades. The announcement of Jolie sent sales upward. I think the
same will happen with Hayek to a lesser extent for issue 2.

Thor Thor and more Thor, Thor God of Thunder 25, Thor 1, and Thor 2, Thor 8 which to pick? What if 10 is still trucking along
what really cracks me up is claim running by some sites about how What If 10 isn't valid. Is she on the cover? Does She
have the hammer? Everyone who has read the book knows about the name Thordis. The market doesn't seem to care.

House of X seems to be doing very well and was well received I enjoyed it.

Scout comics has a new book Gutt Ghost 1 doing well currently.

Blade 1 1994 I don't get it. I never thought I would see a 90s glut book like that sell for $50 or even
higher graded. I must give praise to another boardie for that pick. (worship)

Spawn 61 is becoming a monster it seems as well.

CoffinBound 1 Strong sales climbing 

Betty and Veronica 251 and 261 I don't get it either.

Swamp Thing Winter Special 1 - $15 book.

Farmhand finally a book that I bought a ton of copies hits. Selling well $15-20 and variants up to $50 currently.

Ms Marvel 5 - Khan fans pushing the book for symbiote style issue. Maybe who knows.

One last thing I am see a lot lately. Its great to speculate and spend your money on books you are gambling
on. And if it pays off awesome, but what is starting to happen more and more is online retailers are cancelling
larger orders on variant and other hot books. If you are reading this retailer you suck.

An interesting movie I saw lately was called Jack of Trades its a loose view of the demise of the card industry
and some of the reasons why. There are some correlations to our industry in that movie concerning manufactured
collectibles.

Why Swamp Thing?  Had a crazy kid story in it.  Hard part is that it was super expensive when it came out (so it's essentially doubled in value).

Farmhand was in my pile to send down the chute.  Good to know that it's hot. 

Patrick

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah happens with JCPenny Reprints as well.

I agree, but this one has a lot of clear differences. Different cover border, and an entirely different publisher. Lol

Regardless I think this version still has room for growth, as it's still kind of under the radar. Just not the same as the wildstorm actual #1. 

59 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I agree, but this one has a lot of clear differences. Different cover border, and an entirely different publisher. Lol

Regardless I think this version still has room for growth, as it's still kind of under the radar. Just not the same as the wildstorm actual #1. 

It was referenced a couple of times by CBSI this week, so some may be looking for it specifically.

This week a few books are coming out that are already selling above cover online.

1. Dead End Kids #1 from Source Point Comics

2. Coffin Bound #1 From Image Comics

3. The Dark Age #1 from Red 5 Comics. There is also a 1 in 10 variant that seems to be selling for around $30 to $40. This book was optioned as a TV series at the end of May so who knows what that really means.

23 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Why Swamp Thing?  Had a crazy kid story in it.  Hard part is that it was super expensive when it came out (so it's essentially doubled in value).

Farmhand was in my pile to send down the chute.  Good to know that it's hot. 

Patrick

i would also add Betty and Veronica #262 and 267