• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Ahh.. its just undervalued right now.  Makes sense.... there's no question, Gambit will show up at some point. 

I’m not saying the book is not a copper key but I’d put my money on Gambit never being anything big in upcoming movies.  Guy really doesn’t have an intriguing back story and his accent will be annoying.  If they could do Black Panther so well then I guess anything is possible but I just don’t see a compelling character in movies.

For new released and new comic book day this week seems to be all about:

- Superman #14 and Supergirl #33. Both recalled by DC because "The covers of both issues ultimately did not reflect the contents of the stores. Replacement copies with new covers will be provided at no cost to retailers.” Whatever that means. Both are selling for $20 to $30 - both have open order Cover B variants

- Once and Future #1 from Boom Studios. 6 part mini-series written by
Kieron Gillen. Selling for about $10/$12 - already in third printing before the release of the first print.

- Also last week's House of X #2 still selling for about $12 to $20 - multiple covers.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

- Superman #14 and Supergirl #33. Both recalled by DC because "The covers of both issues ultimately did not reflect the contents of the stores. Replacement copies with new covers will be provided at no cost to retailers.” Whatever that means. Both are selling for $20 to $30 - both have open order Cover B variants

- Once and Future #1 from Boom Studios. 6 part mini-series written by
Kieron Gillen. Selling for about $10/$12 - already in third printing before the release of the first print.

- Also last week's House of X #2 still selling for about $12 to $20 - multiple covers.

I overheard someone talking about this on Saturday at Soda City (the recall). Seems interesting.

Edited by BishopT

7 hours ago, BishopT said:

I overheard someone talking about this on Saturday at Soda City (the recall). Seems interesting.

"Due to advance production schedules, the covers of both issues ultimately did not reflect the contents of the stories," DC told retailers. "Replacement copies with new covers will be provided at no cost to retailers." from here. What a silly reason to waste paper. Most variants should be destroyed then...  :wink:

7 minutes ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

"Due to advance production schedules, the covers of both issues ultimately did not reflect the contents of the stories," DC told retailers. "Replacement copies with new covers will be provided at no cost to retailers." from here. What a silly reason to waste paper. Most variants should be destroyed then...  :wink:

Hardly any cover reflect the story inside, so like you say it seems like a crazy reason to pull them.

I'm not sure what the the hell is going on with DC right now. It's like they cannot get their mess together. Endless delays to storylines, the whole Batman Damned issue and who knows when we're getting Doomsday Clock again.

Rebirth started off great but for a year now it's like they're just putting out anything to kill time until Superman vs Dr. Manhattan.

13 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I’m not saying the book is not a copper key but I’d put my money on Gambit never being anything big in upcoming movies.  Guy really doesn’t have an intriguing back story and his accent will be annoying.  If they could do Black Panther so well then I guess anything is possible but I just don’t see a compelling character in movies.

With Disney at the helm I don't agree with this. 

There have been many successful reimaginings of older characters that are now very well liked such as Star lord, Drax, Groot, and this is just to name a few. 

If your looking for a "exact replica" of the character from the comics... The scope of that is so narrow. 

Any character can work and I think there many surprises in store for just about any X Men character. 

1 hour ago, Jitstark said:

Hardly any cover reflect the story inside, so like you say it seems like a crazy reason to pull them.

I'm not sure what the the hell is going on with DC right now. It's like they cannot get their mess together. Endless delays to storylines, the whole Batman Damned issue and who knows when we're getting Doomsday Clock again.

Rebirth started off great but for a year now it's like they're just putting out anything to kill time until Superman vs Dr. Manhattan.

It's desperation for DC to get some sort press... 

There books are drek and can't get books out on time. 

This is a ploy to create interest in more DC drek. 

The lemmings will bite...there will be money to be made on the fip. 

14 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

There you have it ladies and gentlemen said by the publisher themselves.  As I said before, 1st appearances can be cover only. (Gwenpool, Red Hulk, etc..)  I may not like it but the covers are part of the content or story.

Thor #1 CGC 9.8 just sold in auction for $201.50... book still hot.

FWIW CGC updated the key comments on all the Jane/Thor books, and they are as follows:

What if #10 - 1st Jane Foster as Thor (Out of Marvel Comics Continuity)

God of Thunder #25 - Jane Foster as Thor in flashforward, in cameo sequence, predates Thor #1

Thor #1 - Jane Foster becomes the new Thor

Thor #8 - Jane Foster revealed as the new Thor

5 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

FWIW CGC updated the key comments on all the Jane/Thor books, and they are as follows:

God of Thunder #25 - Jane Foster as Thor in flashforward, in cameo sequence, predates Thor #1

I'm new to this so sorry for the noob question. Would it be better to sell Thor #1 as soon as possible or wait for the movie release date to be announced?

18 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I don't think its undervalued by any means.

He has already been in films once. It sells well, but I wouldn't be buying it at $75-100 and much higher slabbed.
That ship has sailed.

This. There’s been Gambit and Tatum rumors forever now that have spiked the price of that book... there was a time when this book was cheap, also a time when you could get Annual #14 (first cameo) for a few dollars not that long ago, but it’s been on every speculator’s radar for a long time and it’s a X book from the early 90’s so there’s no shortage of them out there. 

I think he can be done well in the MCU and this book can live up to its current price someday, but it’s not really undervalued IMO.

3 minutes ago, ExacRan said:

I'm new to this so sorry for the noob question. Would it be better to sell Thor #1 as soon as possible or wait for the movie release date to be announced?

It spiked to an all-time high (so far) the night that Portman grabbed the hammer at SDCC it’s probably going to spike again when the trailer drops, and then again when the movie drops. Up to you when you want to sell really. Nobody can tel you for sure, the economy could crash tomorrow and everyone could dump all their collectibles... who knows? We’re all just guessing.

1 hour ago, wiparker824 said:

It spiked to an all-time high (so far) the night that Portman grabbed the hammer at SDCC it’s probably going to spike again when the trailer drops, and then again when the movie drops. Up to you when you want to sell really. Nobody can tel you for sure, the economy could crash tomorrow and everyone could dump all their collectibles... who knows? We’re all just guessing.

We're all in a mini correction now, so not sure any things happening with our beloved collectibles anytime soon

I think the fact that nothing X-Men-related has been announced so far for Phase 4 says that Marvel doesn't want to rush the introduction. That they want a good plan to roll out quality movies. So it may not be soon, but when they come, they should be comparable in quality of the Marvel movies so far. That suggests that any first appearance has at least some promise.

I half expect them to do some sort of adaptation of House of M (not completely faithful, obviously, since mutants aren't currently around) to sort of retrofit mutants into the MCU, so we don't have to start from scratch with all of them as brand new characters

8 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Its "Thordis".

jeez. :baiting:

Edited by jcjames