• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2019 at 11:46 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

For new released and new comic book day this week seems to be all about:

- Superman #14 and Supergirl #33. Both recalled by DC because "The covers of both issues ultimately did not reflect the contents of the stores. Replacement copies with new covers will be provided at no cost to retailers.” Whatever that means. Both are selling for $20 to $30 - both have open order Cover B variants

- Once and Future #1 from Boom Studios. 6 part mini-series written by
Kieron Gillen. Selling for about $10/$12 - already in third printing before the release of the first print.

- Also last week's House of X #2 still selling for about $12 to $20 - multiple covers.

Kindnof’ a wild ride on buying this set of 4 tonight —- had to actually buy 8 to get 4 / half ended in a “have to give a refund - books aren’t coming as thought “- average price paid for the sets of 4 - $135 each

Edited by showcase4

13 hours ago, BishopT said:

Word around town is that no one even got Superman and Supergirl this week around here. 

LCS is forwarding potential CGC 9.8 copies of these recalled hot comics for pressing and slabbing so they can be flipped for $300. LCS will likely sell raw 9.6 copies locally next week once online pricing trends stabilize high.

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Why would they recall the variants to those covers?  Like 99% of variants have nothing to do with the content inside.:insane:

Yes exactly, I'm not going for this at all. Very reminiscent of the Justice league new 52 cover recall. *Lex Luthor cover*

2 minutes ago, BishopT said:

That one at least made sense because it was a premature use of a cover that was solicited for the next month. This one is very odd, though.

Agreed, and as it has been discussed this is probably a trick/gimmick to boost low sales. 

2 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Why would they recall the variants to those covers?  Like 99% of variants have nothing to do with the content inside.:insane:

They recalled the variants because all of the variants have the same "year of the villains" banner across them (on the bottom) which is why DC claims to be recalling it in the first place.

Dan Didio did a video yesterday afternoon and said that stores have to report that they destroyed the copies (working on the honor system) and that DC already has a list of retailers who have offered the books for sale through ebay or their online marketplaces and that DC is working with Diamond to figure out what kind of consequences there can be.

This guy in Chicago is apparently offering them one each -

Edited by Jimmy Linguini
yesterday afternoon instead of last night

4 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

They recalled the variants because all of the variants have the same "year of the villains" banner across them (on the bottom) which is why DC claims to be recalling it in the first place.

Dan Didio did a video yesterday afternoon and said that stores have to report that they destroyed the copies (working on the honor system) and that DC already has a list of retailers who have offered the books for sale through ebay or their online marketplaces and that DC is working with Diamond to figure out what kind of consequences there can be.

This guy in Chicago is apparently offering them one each -

Consequences huh? It’s your mess up DC, just eat the loss and move on, so petty to try to come after LCS’s for selling these IMO. I say that as someone who isn’t buying or selling any version of any of these books, just a bad look from my point of view.

On 8/12/2019 at 5:25 PM, wiparker824 said:

Thor #1 CGC 9.8 just sold in auction for $201.50... book still hot.

FWIW CGC updated the key comments on all the Jane/Thor books, and they are as follows:

What if #10 - 1st Jane Foster as Thor (Out of Marvel Comics Continuity)

God of Thunder #25 - Jane Foster as Thor in flashforward, in cameo sequence, predates Thor #1

Thor #1 - Jane Foster becomes the new Thor

Thor #8 - Jane Foster revealed as the new Thor

I agree with these CGC designations. 

I’m still picking up copies of #1 when I find a deal. 

Just put a offer in on a nice 9.4 CGC that just went up in the bay for a good price.

Edited by Shoomanfoo

Just now, Shoomanfoo said:

I agree with these CGC designations. 

Mom still picking up copies of #1 when I find a deal. 

Just put a offer in a nice 9.4 CGC that just went up for good price.

Your mom does your comic shopping? 

20 minutes ago, Rip said:

Whats the deal with House of X/Powers of X.

Books are going crazy. 2 is already over $20. I've got em, will have to read em tonight.

The way things peel off, best to list 'em on ebay then read them after the buyer has paid!  :bigsmile: