• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Rip said:

Whats the deal with House of X/Powers of X.

Books are going crazy. 2 is already over $20. I've got em, will have to read em tonight.

I think it's just a good read. People have been waiting forever for a decent X-book storyline. 

16 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223614480780

For some reason ASM 363 just sold for $240. Don’t think it’s heating up, just weird anomaly... or shenanigans..

1. The listing has a picture of 361 - 363 in 9.8 and it's in the title. I wouldn't be confused thinking I was getting all, but others could be.

2. The seller has the bidders switched to private. So, no way of knowing if it was shilled.

18 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Consequences huh? It’s your mess up DC, just eat the loss and move on, so petty to try to come after LCS’s for selling these IMO. I say that as someone who isn’t buying or selling any version of any of these books, just a bad look from my point of view.

Yeah this isn't the first time it has happened over the years. Its not a big deal and the secondary market will absorb it pretty easy sell them fast. 
The last one I remember is Hack Slash 4 My First Maniac. I still find them and sell them for $20-30 a book because a lot were not returned. Retailers
got bigger problems then worrying about returning one book. 

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:
2 hours ago, Rip said:

Books are going crazy. 2 is already over $20. I've got em, will have to read em tonight.

I think it's just a good read. People have been waiting forever for a decent X-book storyline. 

Yes its a fantastic read so far. I bought a ton after reading the first issue. I can finally admit I am an 
X-men fan again.

14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes its a fantastic read so far. I bought a ton after reading the first issue. I can finally admit I am an 
X-men fan again.

Just read them during lunch. Good story. Very curious to see where this goes.

38 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah this isn't the first time it has happened over the years. Its not a big deal and the secondary market will absorb it pretty easy sell them fast. 
The last one I remember is Hack Slash 4 My First Maniac. I still find them and sell them for $20-30 a book because a lot were not returned. Retailers

They weren't asked to return the DC books. Heck, they weren't even asked to show proof. They just said don't sell them.

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
42 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

They weren't asked to return the DC books. Heck, they weren't even asked to show proof. They just said don't sell them.

Yes I just went back and re-read that my bad. They asked them to destroy them. Should be a nice revenue generator for the LCS.

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes I just went back and re-read that my bad. They asked them to destroy them. Should be a nice revenue generator for the LCS.

Supposedly DC is getting with Diamond to see what they can do to punish shops that sold them online. I know I saw JetPack sold some on eBay.

8 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Your mom does your comic shopping? 

For real... Looks like I’ve been underutilizing my mom. I’m going to send her dollar bin diving this weekend. I know there’s a copy of What If #10 out in a dollar bin somewhere still. 

6 hours ago, Rip said:

It’s the new “best book to read” from Marvel. Wether you agree or not isn’t something I care to debate, just telling you what it is when you walk in a shop. Like Venom and Immortal Hulk it’s the book everyone is talking about and recommending to read.

15 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

It’s the new “best book to read” from Marvel. Wether you agree or not isn’t something I care to debate, just telling you what it is when you walk in a shop. Like Venom and Immortal Hulk it’s the book everyone is talking about and recommending to read. 

Agreed. I am pleasantly surprised. Over the years there have been a few attempts to jumps start the X-Men and this one feels like it's going to be the one. Interesting story. Big scope. Lots of call backs. Intriguing to new readers and rewarding to long-time readers. Hope Hickman can pull it off in the end. Several recent good Marvel runs have had lack luster endings.

29 minutes ago, arinya said:
16 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Agreed. I am pleasantly surprised. Over the years there have been a few attempts to jumps start the X-Men and this one feels like it's going to be the one. Interesting story. Big scope. Lots of call backs. Intriguing to new readers and rewarding to long-time readers. Hope Hickman can pull it off in the end. Several recent good Marvel runs have had lack luster endings.

Hickman is very good at what he does. Hopefully he doesn't disappoint here.