• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

*eBay buyer alert*

Had a fella buy a nice copy of Marvel premier 1 warlock with no grade attached and pictures front, back, inside from all angles. 

Was a sharp copy with minimal spine ticks glossy no tears or chipping and never presses because I was owner for long time.

Buyer requested refund and submitted pictures of a 1inch spine split and bad damage to whole bottom 2 inches of book going threw the whole books pages. Literally almost ripped off the bottom staple.

This certainly looks intentional and he made a case saying I used “deceptive angles to hide this damage” I was livid!!

The book is trashed and worthless now and he opened case for me to loose money and keep destroyed book.

I stated no returns but would have anyway if the book was not defaced so badly. 

This buyer had selfish intent and it’s only  fair to share this.

I have many pics I can post of condition sent and his pics after destruction.

goes by doccollections1AEF8F26-60DA-4B87-B5C4-7739A55DE4F9.thumb.png.2849cd66bc910801c4554a4b4ac65127.png

Always get the extra insurance from USPS for items over $50

6 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

*eBay buyer alert*

Had a fella buy a nice copy of Marvel premier 1 warlock with no grade attached and pictures front, back, inside from all angles. 

Was a sharp copy with minimal spine ticks glossy no tears or chipping and never presses because I was owner for long time.

Buyer requested refund and submitted pictures of a 1inch spine split and bad damage to whole bottom 2 inches of book going threw the whole books pages. Literally almost ripped off the bottom staple.

This certainly looks intentional and he made a case saying I used “deceptive angles to hide this damage” I was livid!!

The book is trashed and worthless now and he opened case for me to loose money and keep destroyed book.

I stated no returns but would have anyway if the book was not defaced so badly. 

This buyer had selfish intent and it’s only  fair to share this.

I have many pics I can post of condition sent and his pics after destruction.

goes by doccollections

Now, ebayer's can return just about anything unfortunately. Some time back though, when I had a "no return policy", a buyer contacted me about a CGC SS Walking Dead book. It was a cheap book that had Michonne on it and it was signed by Danai Gurira. 

The buy claimed I never put what "print" it was, but yet there were high rez pics that clearly said "second print" on the slab. He said it wasn't worth as much now. But, it was such a cheap book, that according to GPA, was only a few dollars difference to first print.

Anyway, I was pissed that they were saying I was deceptive. I called eBay and told them the story. I told them that I did NOT want him to return the item and for them to look at my sales numbers. They almost immediately said, "Yes, you are right, he should have seen the pictures." They denied his claim. Calling them can help. 

9 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

I would say $300+ or even $500. If you do a lot of sales, in the end, you spend a lot on insurance when USPS is generally good. Ive only had 1 package go missing and I didnt buy the extra insurance. They gave me a refund of the shipping and the $50 basic insurance.

17 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

5 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I would say $300+ or even $500. If you do a lot of sales, in the end, you spend a lot on insurance when USPS is generally good. Ive only had 1 package go missing and I didnt buy the extra insurance. They gave me a refund of the shipping and the $50 basic insurance.

Yes I’m new to this and still learning these things. Thank you

10 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Now, ebayer's can return just about anything unfortunately. Some time back though, when I had a "no return policy", a buyer contacted me about a CGC SS Walking Dead book. It was a cheap book that had Michonne on it and it was signed by Danai Gurira. 

The buy claimed I never put what "print" it was, but yet there were high rez pics that clearly said "second print" on the slab. He said it wasn't worth as much now. But, it was such a cheap book, that according to GPA, was only a few dollars difference to first print.

Anyway, I was pissed that they were saying I was deceptive. I called eBay and told them the story. I told them that I did NOT want him to return the item and for them to look at my sales numbers. They almost immediately said, "Yes, you are right, he should have seen the pictures." They denied his claim. Calling them can help. 

Oh so you won it? Thats good news. For me it’s matter of principle more than the 140.00

Edited by Shoomanfoo

4 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

That amount is just what I do. I see why some people would want the extra security. I'm a bit of a risk taker and just haven't had any major issues with USPS Priority Mail.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

That amount is just what I do. I see why some people would want the extra security. I'm a bit of a risk taker and just haven't had any major issues with USPS Priority Mail.

Indeed but I believe my issue to not be the fault of USPS but of a purposeful destruction for an excuse to return.

Edited by Shoomanfoo

3 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:
3 hours ago, Second Blight said:

3 hours ago, kevhtx said:

There is a thread in Comics General for bad ebay transactions.

5 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:
5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

There is a thread in Comics General for bad ebay transactions.

Thank you for that Fastball. Appreciate all the input now what’s heating...Groo #1 lol I’m running over to copper 

Just pointing out there is a huge thread for that and others would want to see it as well.

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Just pointing out there is a huge thread for that and others would want to see it as well.

No definitely. I’m getting all my original photos and listing in order so I can present it with solid evidence of foul play. I always appreciate you and your input/knowledge.

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

16 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Kevin Smith just confirmed a new Netflix series for Masters of the Universe. Be interesting to see if the 
Marvel and DC series as well as DC Comics Presents and He-man Eternity War see a bump from this.

Saw the news and it brought me quite a bit of nostalgic joy as an 80’s kid. Been watching eBay and seeing some movement beginning on eBay not in price yet but some copies being moved for sure... 4 copies of DC presents 47 have sold in the past hour since the announcement, including a slabbed 9.6 for $300.

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Saw a preview for Stumptown. 

Had no idea it was coming.  Was a pretty cool comic. 

So I thought I'd check E-bay for prices.  

Not a single issue sold or being sold?!?  Wha? 

Patrick

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Modern-Age-1992-Now/900/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=stumptown&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=900&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=94025&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Saw a preview for Stumptown. 

Had no idea it was coming.  Was a pretty cool comic. 

So I thought I'd check E-bay for prices.  

Not a single issue sold or being sold?!?  Wha? 

Patrick

I think the series is still flying a little under the radar, though the television PR machine is starting to ramp up now.

Some of Rucka's past work (e.g. Whiteout) hasn't really benefited from moving to other media, and some other TV shows haven't cased much back issue action for older indie books (e.g. Wynona Earp).

Having said that, I'm pretty bullish about Stumptown. It's one of my favourite comics of all time, but it definitely didn't get much notice as it was coming out. If the series is half as good, the very low print runs on this books could send it through the roof. Plus, with the rise in price for back issues of The Boys and Umbrella Academy, there could be a bit of a FOMO effect.