• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Brock said:

I think the series is still flying a little under the radar, though the television PR machine is starting to ramp up now.

Some of Rucka's past work (e.g. Whiteout) hasn't really benefited from moving to other media, and some other TV shows haven't cased much back issue action for older indie books (e.g. Wynona Earp).

Having said that, I'm pretty bullish about Stumptown. It's one of my favourite comics of all time, but it definitely didn't get much notice as it was coming out. If the series is half as good, the very low print runs on this books could send it through the roof. Plus, with the rise in price for back issues of The Boys and Umbrella Academy, there could be a bit of a FOMO effect.

I have a feeling Stumptown will barely resemble the book

On 8/18/2019 at 6:42 PM, fastballspecial said:

Kevin Smith just confirmed a new Netflix series for Masters of the Universe. Be interesting to see if the 
Marvel and DC series as well as DC Comics Presents and He-man Eternity War see a bump from this.

Any interest books beyond DCCP 47 and MOTU 1, 12, 13?

On 8/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, paperheart said:

I must have had a filter on. Thanks for posting that. 

Definitely surprised me.  Not sure How I Met Your Mom is the best choice.  But looked good otherwise. 

Patrick

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I must have had a filter on. Thanks for posting that. 

Definitely surprised me.  Not sure How I Met Your Mom is the best choice.  But looked good otherwise. 

Patrick

:gossip: Maria Hill as well...

Just got back from making the rounds on new comic day, is it just me or has the last couple of weeks been a speculation feeding frenzy?  Coffin Bound 1, Once and Future 1 and Powers of X 2 sold out in one day last week and Batman 77 and Powers of X 3 were pretty much done by the time I made the rounds at lunch time today.

I went to the regular local comic show over the weekend and last weeks hot new releases were already $15-$20.  I manage to snag a couple of PoX 3 and a couple of Batman 77s today, just because they were still available when I was buying books.  I really don't have any interest in the Batman 77s  they were just there, so I figured why not?

FanExpo is on this weekend, usually too expensive and overcrowded for me, but I am thinking of showing up to flip the Batman 77s while they are hot and use them towards a book I really want.

4 hours ago, Darth Floppy said:

Just got back from making the rounds on new comic day, is it just me or has the last couple of weeks been a speculation feeding frenzy?  Coffin Bound 1, Once and Future 1 and Powers of X 2 sold out in one day last week and Batman 77 and Powers of X 3 were pretty much done by the time I made the rounds at lunch time today.

I went to the regular local comic show over the weekend and last weeks hot new releases were already $15-$20.  I manage to snag a couple of PoX 3 and a couple of Batman 77s today, just because they were still available when I was buying books.  I really don't have any interest in the Batman 77s  they were just there, so I figured why not?

FanExpo is on this weekend, usually too expensive and overcrowded for me, but I am thinking of showing up to flip the Batman 77s while they are hot and use them towards a book I really want.

Batman 77 lite up my phone today because of death news.  Awesome speculator ridiculousness. 

X books seem to be driven by word of mouth due to a solid story (though there was a plagiarism claim around the storyline).  I'm sure speculation became a big part of that too. 

Patrick 

11 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The Matrix Preview from 1999 has some decent results with the announcement of the new movie.

That book has been underpriced for about 20 years. lol

With the recent comic recalls causing so much excitement, you'd think the first comic appearance of anything related to The Matrix also being recalled and only 150 total slabs (all grades) in 20 years would make for a good combination of positives for a comic.  Somehow, that book has been under $100 in CGC 9.8 for almost the entire time. (shrug)

Edited by valiantman

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

That book has been underpriced for about 20 years. lol

With the recent comic recalls causing so much excitement, you'd think the first comic appearance of anything related to The Matrix also being recalled and only 150 total slabs (all grades) in 20 years would make for a good combination of positives for a comic.  Somehow, that book has been under $100 in CGC 9.8 for almost the entire time. (shrug)

Was it recalled though? I have a few copies that I'm pretty sure were provided as freebies for the convention I helped run.

48 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Prices are a little all over the place but I was shocked at what I saw Amazing Spiderman 400 die cut variant selling for (highest was over $200). Pretty sure I bulk purchased it back in the day. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

1. I assume you are talking in CGC 9.8?

2. The ones that are selling for $100+ in 9.8 are the newsstand version (bone white die-cut).

43 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Prices are a little all over the place but I was shocked at what I saw Amazing Spiderman 400 die cut variant selling for (highest was over $200). Pretty sure I bulk purchased it back in the day. 

The only one I see over (or even close to) $200 is the special white variant, not the regular grey version.

There are also a couple of sales of CGC 9.8 regular (non-enhanced) versions at that level.