• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Sorry to but in but...

1779447030_400degreyb.thumb.jpg.0bfb1248e229e7c43be2c5c4d98bc2c1.jpg 1224417012_400ndgreyb.thumb.jpg.9e5d437474f346a1bc75f915d5029a80.jpg 11607626_400vewhiteb.thumb.jpg.d63ecbdf59e369bcf429c3d69e2b960f.jpg

I've always wondered what the cover was supposed to be, but from the back I can see now that it's supposed to be...a tombstone? The front always confused me. Why is Spidey swimming though a cloud of cotton candy? 

7 hours ago, valiantman said:

That book has been underpriced for about 20 years. lol

With the recent comic recalls causing so much excitement, you'd think the first comic appearance of anything related to The Matrix also being recalled and only 150 total slabs (all grades) in 20 years would make for a good combination of positives for a comic.  Somehow, that book has been under $100 in CGC 9.8 for almost the entire time. (shrug)

Yeah the matrix book was recalled because of "adult content" and was never republished.

Geoff Darrow did a bunch of the artwork on that comic which is interesting considering he worked on the original matrix films and he's working on the new one as well.

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

sorry to but in but

2nd.thumb.JPG.643e41ea146f5126d55fba572ada9409.JPG

So you're saying it's cooling off because the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons aren't paying the (more) absurd amounts they were a month ago? (shrug)

The Marvel Comics 1000 d23 variant is an interesting one... several pre-sales going on on eBay with current bids over $200. It supposed to be released to every guest at some Marvel panel for d23, but given the current state of the Disney/Sony negotiations one certainly wonders if they’d still give this book out given that the cover’s 2 most prominent characters are Spider-Man and Mickey Mouse... and even if they do proceed to give it out, without a deal in place, I doubt we see a Spider-Man/Mickey Mouse cover for the foreseeable future. Again all this assumes Sony and Disney don’t strike a deal. 

More info and cover here: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/marvel-reveals-limited-edition-marvel-comics-1000-variant-for-d23-expo-2019

Edited by wiparker824
Added link

1 hour ago, wiparker824 said:

The Marvel Comics 1000 d23 variant is an interesting one... several pre-sales going on on eBay with current bids over $200. It supposed to be released to every guest at some Marvel panel for d23, but given the current state of the Disney/Sony negotiations one certainly wonders if they’d still give this book out given that the cover’s 2 most prominent characters are Spider-Man and Mickey Mouse... and even if they do proceed to give it out, without a deal in place, I doubt we see a Spider-Man/Mickey Mouse cover for the foreseeable future. Again all this assumes Sony and Disney don’t strike a deal. 

More info and cover here: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/marvel-reveals-limited-edition-marvel-comics-1000-variant-for-d23-expo-2019

I am sure it will do well early, but I am also sure I am staying far away from it.

13 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I am sure it will do well early, but I am also sure I am staying far away from it.

Same, have no interest in buying this one, but will be interesting to watch nonetheless and more power to those of you that try to get this one in the after market.

11 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I've always wondered what the cover was supposed to be, but from the back I can see now that it's supposed to be...a tombstone? The front always confused me. Why is Spidey swimming though a cloud of cotton candy? 

I was never a fan of the cover. I think the tombstone was symbolic of Aunt May 'snuffing it' for, I think, the tenth time. That's what it felt like anyway.

Wow, Captain America 354 flying on eBay right now, people going nuts off these Disney+ announcement.

edit: and now Moon Knight and She-Hulk announced! People going to be dropping some serious dough on the bay tonight. Good luck to you all who partake. 

Edited by wiparker824

22 hours ago, BishopT said:

Love this cracked out cover. 

Definitely one of the more desirable issues at the end of the run. 

Patrick

On 8/2/2019 at 7:06 AM, manetteska said:

On 8/1/2019 at 9:47 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:
On 8/1/2019 at 5:58 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Leaked out a bunch of stuff and been right about *all* of it, or right on occasion?

Well he was right in the past. If Moonknight and Ms Marvel are announced at D23 I would be more comfortable saying he's right all of the time. So who knows. I was just saying why the books have seen a sudden spurge of interest.

Not saying one way or the other, but even a casual comics fan would be confused with a Captain and a Ms Marvel.

Well, there you go. Two for two on D23. 

And I am zero for one on Capt/Ms.