• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

The youtube show "Lords of the Longbox" is "reporting" that HBO Max is doing a Green Langern Corp. TV show starring Kyle Rayner.  This "rumor" gets picked up by cosmicbooknews and bounding into comics and all of a sudden its a real "news" story with multiple "reliable" sources reporting on it.  Now people cry about pump and dump and spreading false rumors all the time, but this is RIDICULOUS.  This show has the worst track record for reporting old news, old rumors and mixxing in utter nonsense that no one is reporting about and asserting that they have a tipster.  I can't tell if it is malicious or ignorance, but it BAD.  Some of the ridiculous stories they've recently reported that spring to mind "Dakota North is getting an ABC TV Show, Red Wolf is in development, Kazar and the Savage Land are in development, etc.  They have really hurt their brand.  I used to really this show.  I was always a little suspicious because they do youtube auctions and raffles but that's their decision.  Anyway, I think there information is suspect.  I hope I'm wrong.  

This makes me very, very happy. :cloud9:

There's a huge problem with people getting things wrong...purposely or just negligently...not having any devotion to excellence and accuracy....and if you point it out, they get incredibly offended, rather than saying "hey, thanks for the correction." It's incredibly childish and stupid. If any of these people had any integrity, they would say "we want to be completely accurate. Let us know what we've gotten wrong, and we'll fix it." But...that's not the world we live in, because "muh money."

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Update: Additional details include that the plan is to replace Peter Parker in the comics with a new Spider-Man until things get worked out.

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-venom-canceled-marvel-comics

I dunno, if this happens and Disney/Marvel start cancelling Spider-related books (ASM, Venom, Black Cat...) I'm going to really take a look at the value this hobby adds to my day vs the petty move this would be.  Not hard to imagine, Marvel did the same thing with Wolverine, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four not long ago.

I am already struggling with what I see as the greed behind all the variant covers (I know, "buy what you like" and all, but it's still a snaky business model) and $4-5 books that take 8 minutes to read (how are some surprised that youth do not buy and read comics, what 10 year old can afford them?!).  I feel that I am one dumb move away from dropping this hobby for the third time in my life.

4 minutes ago, Dangercow said:

I dunno, if this happens and Disney/Marvel start cancelling Spider-related books (ASM, Venom, Black Cat...) I'm going to really take a look at the value this hobby adds to my day vs the petty move this would be.  Not hard to imagine, Marvel did the same thing with Wolverine, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four not long ago.

I am already struggling with what I see as the greed behind all the variant covers (I know, "buy what you like" and all, but it's still a snaky business model) and $4-5 books that take 8 minutes to read (how are some surprised that youth do not buy and read comics, what 10 year old can afford them?!).  I feel that I am one dumb move away from dropping this hobby for the third time in my life.

What in the world would make you think that would happen?

48 minutes ago, Dangercow said:

I should have added this in I guess:

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-venom-canceled-marvel-comics

...and as the article mentions, Marvel did the same thing with Wolverine, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four not long ago.

Fantastic Four was out of the picture, yes. But because it wasn't of interest to anyone. Not because they were making a movie (that nobody went to see). The X-Men stuff was always ongoing. They killed Wolverine, right? Um, not really. The Old Man Logan series took its place.

11 minutes ago, Second Blight said:
1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Movie rumors

There are no rumors

Whether they are true or not, they are by definition, rumors.

https://www.google.com/search?q=a-force&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOuJvCs6vkAhUMTKwKHdfSBxgQ_AUIEygC&biw=1421&bih=663 

6 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

BUT your Golden Age game is strong AF (they'll probably censor that).  I love your show.  I listen to it Wednesday morning when I wake up (although sometimes I get behind and then I listen to it when I drive and try not to wreck when you show books).  That dude's books from 2 weeks ago were breathtaking.  We'll agree to disagree about the LOTLB show.  I used to really enjoy it.  That being said, your show rocks! 

Glad you like the Golden Guys show! 

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Fantastic Four was out of the picture, yes. But because it wasn't of interest to anyone. Not because they were making a movie (that nobody went to see). The X-Men stuff was always ongoing. They killed Wolverine, right? Um, not really. The Old Man Logan series took its place.

They took X-characters off Marvel related materials and no toys in the stores. There were attempts to erase/ downplay these characters.The books- well, who's buying them anyway. I don't think they would cancel Spider-man but he could get swept under the rug for a while.

Edited by HarrisonJohn

4 hours ago, Dangercow said:

If my enjoyment of the hobby depended on what new stuff Marvel was publishing, I would have given up 20 years ago. Thankfully, it doesn't.

2 hours ago, HarrisonJohn said:

They took X-characters off Marvel related materials and no toys in the stores. There were attempts to erase/ downplay these characters.The books- well, who's buying them anyway. I don't think they would cancel Spider-man but he could get swept under the rug for a while.

No but they can replace him with someone else for awhile.

And this might explain why Web 118 is selling so well as well.

Edited by fastballspecial

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

No but they can replace him with someone else for awhile.

And this might explain why Web 118 is selling so well as well.

Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider is my favorite incarnation of Spider-Man. Kyle Rayner is my favorite GL, and Terry McGinnis is my favorite Batman. Fight me. Lol 

Seriously though I grab all three first appearances mentioned above any chance I get. I have sold off a lot of my duplicates, but I'm still clinging to quite a few copies. Buy what you like people, it pays off. 

Edited by maidenmate91

1 hour ago, maidenmate91 said:

Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider is my favorite incarnation of Spider-Man. Kyle Rayner is my favorite GL, and Terry McGuiness is my favorite Batman. Fight me. Lol 

Seriously though I grab all three first appearances mentioned above any chance I get. I have sold off a lot of my duplicates, but I'm still clinging to quite a few copies. Buy what you like people, it pays off. 

I love Terry McGuiness.  

12 hours ago, HarrisonJohn said:

They took FF off the shelves?! Oh no, and it was so popular!

Relatively nobody cares about FF, still. The only people that are talking about them are people like us, in these boards, that re excited for the possibility of a movie from Marvel Studios. Nobody is talking about the new FF series and it’s offshoots.

So now that FF is back at Marvel studios, they are going to ramp up the toys and merchandise, right? Because, that’s where the money is. It’s not in the comics.