• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

They took FF off the shelves?! Oh no, and it was so popular!

Relatively nobody cares about FF, still. The only people that are talking about them are people like us, in these boards, that re excited for the possibility of a movie from Marvel Studios. Nobody is talking about the new FF series and it’s offshoots.

So now that FF is back at Marvel studios, they are going to ramp up the toys and merchandise, right? Because, that’s where the money is. It’s not in the comics.

OMG are people seriously believing Marvel will bench Parker, their #1 character and title just to spite Sony, despite the fact that Disney literally owns ALL other rights to the character, other than film?  :roflmao:

I won't even get into the part where Sony ALSO still owns the film rights to all other Spider related characters, so "replacing" Parker with another in its flagship title would make ZERO sense for that reason alone.  :eyeroll:

-J.

38 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

OMG are people seriously believing Marvel will bench Parker, their #1 character and title just to spite Sony, despite the fact that Disney literally owns ALL other rights to the character, other than film?  :roflmao:

I won't even get into the part where Sony ALSO still owns the film rights to all other Spider related characters, so "replacing" Parker with another in its flagship title would make ZERO sense for that reason alone.  :eyeroll:

-J.

Yeah I thought that too until they did it to the X-Men.

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Nobody is talking about the new FF series and it’s offshoots.

It's a shame too.  I like the FF, but the newest series has terrible art and the storyline for the first 8 issues was blah. 

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Batwing #19 (based on nothing really)

Invincible Iron Man #7 & #9 (based on bad information)

Infamous Iron Man #1 (based on bad information)

Green Lantern #48 (Kyle Rainer, based on bad information)

The current era we are in....

Nice. I have always snagged copies of GL 48-50 because I liked the story. lol 

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Invincible Iron Man #7 & #9 (based on bad information)

Although I agree the rumors regarding an Ironheart Disney+ show featuring the voice of RDJ as Tony Stark are wobbly, at best, I believe some of the momentum was already underway for these books due to RDJ and Tom Holland's comments regarding their push for Riri Williams to enter the MCU, as well as an Ironheart -script showing up on the Hollywood Black List earlier this summer.

Indiewire Article re: RDJ thoughts on Riri Williams

CinemaBlend Article re:Tom Holland thoughts on Riri Williams

ScreenRant article re:Ironheart Movie -script in Hollywood Black List

Of course, everyone will collect what they feel is the best investment choice for them, but I don't personally think these books are a bad choice to pick up, if found for a reasonable price...Now, chasing them for a premium, that'd be just plain foolhardy. 

Very very slow spec week.  You know its slow when they finally spec Power Pack 1 as the new soon to be hot book.  I've been pimping that book for a year now and i don't see any reason for a new hot status.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Very very slow spec week.  You know its slow when they finally spec Power Pack 1 as the new soon to be hot book.  I've been pimping that book for a year now and i don't see any reason for a new hot status.

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/05/26/rumor-power-pack-now-in-active-development/

Edited by Second Blight

As much as I (we) are enjoying books suddenly becoming "$50 books" - I miss the time when books were valued on the basis of being just really cool books, great stories, great covers, great art, great artists or just #156 in your collection of the title run. Personally, I could sell off every "1st appearance" in my personal collection and still be a happy camper . . . just sayin' :whistle:

Edited by divad

1 minute ago, divad said:

As much as I (we) are enjoying books suddenly becoming "$50 books" - I miss the time when books were valued on the basis of being just really cool books, great stories, great covers, great art, great artists or just #156 in your collection of the title run. Personally, I could sell off every "1st appearance" in my personal collection and still be a happy camper . . . just sayin' :whistle:

BLASPHEMY! :sumo:

2 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Yup, totally looks like the same guy in Batman Beyond Unlimited #2.... :roflmao:

RCO014.thumb.jpg.c9a00c8beb0b0a5511fc84b316a0fb57.jpg

It's the original version of the character. No different than any other character that was created in a different part of the multiverse and then written into mainline continuity. Perhaps you should try reading the books to familiarize yourself instead of blindly chasing the latest hot tip.