• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, I like pie said:

This happens every con.

The gold peaked at $600 over the weekend. $350 sales, this morning when I checked. A couple lower since and on it's way down.

This is nothing new. It will level out at $100-$150 in a month at most.

After 3 months the SDCC Spawn is still selling for $300.

34 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

Not too long back I pre-purchased some comics from a subscription service. Just a one time thing. I don't normally do that. Most are still sitting unloved and unwanted on a shelf. But I did get (and later sold) two copies of Naomi #1A. They sold immediately upon listing on Ebay for I want to say around $30 each. Looks like they are still selling pretty $$$ there. Is there a movie or TV show coming out?

no

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It was selling for double that a couple months ago.

And now you can get a CGC 9.6 for $60. Doesn't answer the question of why the book went up so much so fast. A spike that high that fast for a new book doesn't happen very often.

1 minute ago, WPPJames said:

And now you can get a CGC 9.6 for $60. Doesn't answer the question of why the book went up so much so fast. A spike that high that fast for a new book doesn't happen very often.

Because people liked the story and feel DC has big plans for her. You can go back in this thread, I'm sure there was discussion about it months ago. The hype has died down a little now.

1 minute ago, WPPJames said:

new female character. pumped alot from spec sites. multiple printings. getting a volume 2 next year.

25 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

After 3 months the SDCC Spawn is still selling for $300.

2 minutes ago, I like pie said:

$355 was the last CGC 9.8 that sold. It was selling raw for, $700? More?

Probably wasn't the best idea to do an auction on that book. Two sales prior were raw for $300 and one was the day before the auction ended. There was a $700+ and some $500 raw FOMO sales, yes. But you said the new gold foil would be "...$100-$150 in a month at most." and I simply pointed out the SDCC was still selling for $300.

1.jpg.5b53b5a3adf0c2414f065042f93c8f4c.jpg

50 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

You will drive yourself crazy trying to figure out the current market.  That book was the flavor of the week and got hyped on a couple websites and took off.  No new hype and the prices crash - story of the current market (love it or leave it).

I had a DMZ 1 up on E-Bay for a couple months for $8 - $9 and no sale.  It luckily got listed up for auction with my entire store to use up my free auctions and it exploded up to $30 due to show rumors.  Same book but with a little buzz it was 3.5x the price.  Some times you get lucky and some times the other guys scoop it up for $8.

Edited by 1Cool

32 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I had a DMV 1 

350?cb=20130704200820&f=1&nofb=1

I love that series! Here's a picture of people waiting in line for the ultra-hot "Death of Roberta, The Window Clerk Of 45 Years" issue....that day was CRAZY! The issue sold out, but you could make an appointment online to get one if you didn't want to wait.

50 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

350?cb=20130704200820&f=1&nofb=1

I love that series! Here's a picture of people waiting in line for the ultra-hot "Death of Roberta, The Window Clerk Of 45 Years" issue....that day was CRAZY! The issue sold out, but you could make an appointment online to get one if you didn't want to wait.

DMV . . DMZ both with kill ya quick!

16 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

What sale contradicts my observations?

are you ok Sir?

1C219396-9806-44E2-9A81-4F716473E8D8.png

FYI those look to be Best Offers, which means that they most likely did not sell for those green asking prices. One might as well just guess what the actual price was, unless there's a way to find that out.

44 minutes ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

FYI those look to be Best Offers, which means that they most likely did not sell for those green asking prices. One might as well just guess what the actual price was, unless there's a way to find that out.

This http://www.watchcount.com/ may help.