• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, rogue14 said:

Thanks for confirming. Thought the listing was odd to state that it was signed. 

Yes though there seems to be a discrepancy.

Another grading company that uses red labels has labeled the “thx” issue with a verified signature.

the copy has no visible signature on the cover.

Im certain they mistakenly are labeling the printed signature in the inside cover as a verified signature.

why am I certain? I’ve seen many screenshots of this red signature and they are all exactly the same.

i have a copy in the way and will post detailed pics.

Edited by Shoomanfoo

I saw that on ebay too.  Ive read Todd Mcfarlane doesn't sign the thanks edition so seems they may have authenticated a sig that was printed into every book .   

That said , if there is a legit signature inside..   I want that book .(though 9.4 is bad grade for a thx .) 

1 hour ago, MGH said:

I saw that on ebay too.  Ive read Todd Mcfarlane doesn't sign the thanks edition so seems they may have authenticated a sig that was printed into every book .   

That said , if there is a legit signature inside..   I want that book .(though 9.4 is bad grade for a thx .) 

Yea and I wouldn’t even trust there 9.4

9.8 CGC can be had on a 200.00 offer.

A few TV rumors floating around and books moving because of them

Sheltered #1 (Comicsheatingup is saying they overheard Ed Brisson at NYCC saying he had secured a new TV deal)
Sonata #1 (Artist Brian Haberlin posted on facebook saying this had recently been optioned as well as the book under it) - There are two regular covers that seem to be selling well and a comicspro ashcan
The Marked #1 (Came out this week and according to Brian Haberlin it is also optioned.) There is a one per store "secret" variant that seems to be selling very well.
Grass Kings #1 (apparently this title has been acquired by Legendary Entertainment according to Keycollector)

Please opinions would help.

Its about Thor 1 2014 Jane Thor books that I’ve been collecting since July.

Obviously 1st print standard cover is a very common book and btw I over paid for a 9.8 after the casting announcement.

Considering grabbing some more 3rd 4th prints and debating on another 1:50 Ribic variant...

Opinions on the Ribic variant at 100.00+

and later prints at 30.00+

any room for growth on these? 

36 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Please opinions would help.

Its about Thor 1 2014 Jane Thor books that I’ve been collecting since July.

Obviously 1st print standard cover is a very common book and btw I over paid for a 9.8 after the casting announcement.

Considering grabbing some more 3rd 4th prints and debating on another 1:50 Ribic variant...

Opinions on the Ribic variant at 100.00+

and later prints at 30.00+

any room for growth on these? 

I know I Said “I’m done here” ... and I am... but I’ll go out with this final post on a positive note, because I can help a fellow Boardie:

DO NOT Spend 1 penny on anything but the 1st print of Thor #1! There are so many 1st prints out there, the market / demand / potential for those  other prints looks dismal at best, and drops off sharply. It would be one thing if there was a cool cover art change, but with just the edge colors changing - run ..quick!  As for investment on a Thor Variant - I like this one the best ; ( even though it’s the boobless Thor  :idea: - if you want financial appreciation, this is a strong pick! Expect $100 / NM+ Per )

9705F1B7-55DF-434D-A3A7-D58A7AEB60A4.jpeg

Edited by showcase4

14 minutes ago, showcase4 said:

I know I Said “I’m done here” ... and I am... but I’ll go out with this final post on a positive note, because I can help a fellow Boardie:

DO NOT Spend 1 penny on anything but the 1st print of Thor #1! There are so many 1st prints out there, the market / demand / potential for those  other prints looks dismal at best, and drops off sharply. It would be one thing if there was a cool cover art change, but with just the edge colors changing - run ..quick!  As for investment on a Thor Variant - I like this one the best ; ( even though it’s the boobless Thor  :idea: - if you want financial appreciation, this is a strong pick! Expect $100 / NM+ Per )

Sound advice as I cannot for the life of me gauge what the others prints are worth with such a lack of sales history.

I forgot about this Manara cover actually!

I have the Black Queen Emma Frost X-men variant by Manara that he did around the same time.

Yea so maybe pick up another Ribic and some of the others like the Robinson 1:25 if bidding is a fair price.

Thank you

2 hours ago, showcase4 said:

:roflmao::roflmao: Ugly cover. It wont go far

13 hours ago, Gregort said:

Any reason Truth: Red White Black could be heating up?

I have sold the full mini for a decent sum in the past and it is usually when something is being rumored with Patriot from the Young Avengers, who is the grandson of the Truth Captain America. At least that was the reasoning at the time I sold my last set last year ($30 or so shipped media IIRC).

6 hours ago, showcase4 said:

Thank you for your advice. Luckily I have a $2 limit for almost anything not published during my childhood or before.

7 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Really that's the right mentality to have. You can lose your in this modern variant market. Nobody talks about the boxes
of variants they cant sell.

With that said they usually have liquidity beyond the regular issues, but it could be in the $3 range. Still, better than 25 cents.

This is My REAL last post.... which makes the one before this the “practice” last post before my initial “claimed” 1st last post.  :flamed:

Regardless of whether this copy of a top variant is priced too high, don’t you ( all of you ) find that the multi-thousand $$ top 10 Variants ( including / even especially this one ) are almost ‘too big to fail?

do you believe / think / see that as price goes up, risk of market collapse goes down??:gossip:

ps- this Spidey is not mine (Wish it was! ) - just Posted as an example

BF16EE4A-57B7-47EB-AD9C-A8EE3CC637A0.png

Edited by showcase4