• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADE-The-Vampire-Hunter-1-First-1st-Solo-Comic-Book-Marvel-1994/233299374507?hash=item3651b9f1ab:g:5OoAAOSwPJVdPhMC

This is a bit higher than most, but still! I don't think I own one of these, which is shocking because it is the kind of book I would have bought any time I saw it in a dollar box. Maybe I never saw it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Fanfare-10-11-12-1st-Appearance-of-Iron-Maiden-Black-Widow-VF-NM/133177071658?hash=item1f01f8d82a:g:7iYAAOSwUbZdg6N4

I guess #11 is the real first "Iron Maiden" appearance and is the one actually selling for a bit, although 10 is listed sometimes? Nothing huge. Anyway, I've always bought these 3 when I saw them for the sweet covers anyway, #10 is really iconic. Someone was making like $1,000 handbags with it on there. Marvel fanfare has some beautiful covers. Interesting insides too.

8 hours ago, showcase4 said:

Thank you for these ongoing market updates Fastball — I really appreciate the time it takes you to share all this with us! (thumbsu

It also frees up space on these Boards from endless “Info grabbing” posts like:

”which one would you choose, Batman Beyond 3 or ASM 210?” :blahblah:

”what’s the most YOU would pay for an NM+ Eternals 3 or 5..... I already know, asking for a friend?” :roflmao:

“Check out my 500th copy of UF4, still in the bag! I love the bags .. do you? I give 2 grades - comic grade and bag grade - I only buy 9.8’s inside a 9.8” doh!

~ now, I don’t want to throw anyone here under the bus; let’s just say he knows who he is!
Do your own homework! There are NO shortcuts ! You must fail before you can succeed, and learn from YOUR mistakes! These guys did it - you’re not special!
Why don’t you try GIVING info, like fastball did here, instead of always being a boards parasite? ( rhetorical question... ) ~

rantrant

Who are you speaking to?

17 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Man do I wish I would have bought more copies of Spawn 201-249. The prices are 
stunning now.

I bought a bunch 3 years ago, but sold most of them way too early. :tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, the blob said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Fanfare-10-11-12-1st-Appearance-of-Iron-Maiden-Black-Widow-VF-NM/133177071658?hash=item1f01f8d82a:g:7iYAAOSwUbZdg6N4

I guess #11 is the real first "Iron Maiden" appearance and is the one actually selling for a bit, although 10 is listed sometimes? Nothing huge. Anyway, I've always bought these 3 when I saw them for the sweet covers anyway, #10 is really iconic. Someone was making like $1,000 handbags with it on there. Marvel fanfare has some beautiful covers. Interesting insides too.

Iron Maiden first appears and is named in #11. There are some pretty "racy" Black Widow scenes in #10 though, so maybe that's why it's selling. hm:shy:

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I bought a bunch 3 years ago, but sold most of them way too early. :tonofbricks:

Need to go through the boxes! I sold a bunch earlier this year in the $25-$35 range, but I think I have some left. Those homage covers did not sell out at my old shop and I got a bunch cheap. Of course, I know I have tons of the non-homage covers from the 230s that aren't doing much. It's weird, there is a glut of those and then a few issues later print runs nosedived?

19 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Iron Maiden first appears and is named in #11. There are some pretty "racy" Black Widow scenes in #10 though, so maybe that's why it's selling. hm:shy:

Some ebay listings for 10 claim it is the 1st app. Is it the first app of the lady who becomes iron maiden? I have not read these (or if I did I read them 35 years ago).

11 minutes ago, the blob said:

Need to go through the boxes! I sold a bunch earlier this year in the $25-$35 range, but I think I have some left. Those homage covers did not sell out at my old shop and I got a bunch cheap. Of course, I know I have tons of the non-homage covers from the 230s that aren't doing much. It's weird, there is a glut of those and then a few issues later print runs nosedived?

Some ebay listings for 10 claim it is the 1st app. Is it the first app of the lady who becomes iron maiden? I have not read these (or if I did I read them 35 years ago).

Spawn 240s are the lowest distribution from 200+. Now, that's strictly based on total for an issue. So when you get into the homage covers and then 259 and up that have 2 or 3 covers, a single cover may have smaller numbers (actually they most likely do), but there is no way to tell since they are all lumped together.

Nope, Maiden is cut and dry #11. Even the Marvel DB and Wikipedia have the same information for once. Just good 'ol ebayers that don't read between the covers.

6 hours ago, Rip said:

Just reminded me I've got a quite few MF 11's that need to be slabbed now.

This is Kinda cool also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Fanfare-11-Black-Widow-Original-Production-Art-Stats-George-Perez/174031216780?hash=item288511a08c:g:fxEAAOSwrYhdg9L5

9.8s only seem to be around $80-90, at least completed auctions. Hard to tell what store items are actually selling for. I guess at $80-90 it still works financially?

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

My 9.8 copy bought 36 years ago for $1.50 less 20% that I will hold onto until it is once again a dollar book in two years! :D

20191022_103639.jpg

I don’t know who you “really” are outside of these Boards — but you’re obviously  a “Comic Book Rock Star!” :headbang:

Edited by showcase4

53 minutes ago, showcase4 said:

I’m telling you dude- I don’t know who you “really” are outside of these Boards — but know from reading your posts - you are a “Comic Book Rock Star!” :headbang:

Nonsense, I'm bababooey from the internet!  You in and out guys are doing it right for right now....in a few years I'll have a fifty cent book stuffed in the middle of an unsellable 5 cent/book complete run. :p

On 10/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, ygogolak said:

Maiden is cut and dry #11. Even the Marvel DB and Wikipedia have the same information for once. Just good 'ol ebayers that don't read between the covers.

yeah, wouldn't you know my run stops at 10 . . . (but what a cover!)

53 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I may jinx myself here, but Batman Beyond #37 A is doing pretty well already.

Yep! But don’t be surprised if there’s an 800% swing “ + or - “ ...by November 1st ( of this year :gossip: )

Edited by showcase4