• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

FINALLY :acclaim:got one of the books mentioned in this thread, from My typically ‘Sold Out in 5 seconds’ LCS!   Here is the previously mentioned Batman Beyond 37 - Cover A ( the better of A and B :insane: )

they’re coming out of the gate on eBay at about $20-$25 a pop.( I like my $3.99 a lot better :gossip: )

FA6B22FF-9D6E-4A9C-B302-23174FE35729.jpeg

CB2935DD-B952-49E0-B06C-72C5110FAFB7.jpeg

Edited by showcase4

11 hours ago, showcase4 said:

FINALLY :acclaim:got one of the books mentioned in this thread, from My typically ‘Sold Out in 5 seconds’ LCS!   Here is the previously mentioned Batman Beyond 37 - Cover A ( the better of A and B :insane: )

they’re coming out of the gate on eBay at about $20-$25 a pop.( I like my $3.99 a lot better :gossip: )

FA6B22FF-9D6E-4A9C-B302-23174FE35729.jpeg

CB2935DD-B952-49E0-B06C-72C5110FAFB7.jpeg

Went down to midtown comics Times Square tonight and they had both over A and B behind the counter, and were only allowing customers to choose one copy of ONE OR THE OTHER.

i don’t mind the 1 per customer limit they throw out once in a while, but I feel like not allowing me to buy a set of both covers is going a little far.

got a nice copy of cover A. Looked at about two dozen copies and all but the one I pulled had multiple color breaking spine dings. Unsurprisingly as I’m sure they’ve been gone through all day by grubby hands 

Edited by speedcake

9 hours ago, speedcake said:

Went down to midtown comics Times Square tonight and they had both over A and B behind the counter, and were only allowing customers to choose one copy of ONE OR THE OTHER.

i don’t mind the 1 per customer limit they throw out once in a while, but I feel like not allowing me to buy a set of both covers is going a little far.

got a nice copy of cover A. Looked at about two dozen copies and all but the one I pulled had multiple color breaking spine dings. Unsurprisingly as I’m sure they’ve been gone through all day by grubby hands 

Do you have a sub there?  Regular customers sure, casual flippers that don't buy anything other than the latest hot book....

10 hours ago, speedcake said:

While I like midtown comics and support them (alongside forbidden planet) I NEVER go there to get trending books 

Damn - I’ll have to go back there today ( mid town grand central is the closest for me at work) I grabbed IH#25 yesterday ( the only current modern I get religiously now that the House/ powers of X mini series is done) and was debating if “ the Superman who laughs “ was worth my time 

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Do you have a sub there?  Regular customers sure, casual flippers that don't buy anything other than the latest hot book....

No, I don’t have a sub there. I do go somewhat regularly. I wasn’t looking for the book to flip, and even if someone is that’s why they limit to one per. Which is Totally fine. But I’ve never seen them not allow people to buy one of each A and B cover.  

1 minute ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Yeah that’s odd - I did have a similar issue where at my LCS where Captain Marvel #8 came out with the Star storyline - they only gave out the Carnage cover - which turned out to be better or at least equal in hindsight 

Yep. I dunno. I didn’t want cover B, so it didn’t impact my buying at all. *shrug*

42 minutes ago, speedcake said:

No, I don’t have a sub there. I do go somewhat regularly. I wasn’t looking for the book to flip, and even if someone is that’s why they limit to one per. Which is Totally fine. But I’ve never seen them not allow people to buy one of each A and B cover.  

It's possible they don't have a lot of extra copies around relative to who wants one.  It's better business for them to be able to have sales of 3 books to 3 customers than to 1 customers.  I'm sure they have their reasons.

22 minutes ago, spreads said:

It's possible they don't have a lot of extra copies around relative to who wants one.  It's better business for them to be able to have sales of 3 books to 3 customers than to 1 customers.  I'm sure they have their reasons.

Yes that’s fine. One copy of each cover per customer. I can’t agree with limiting customers to one OR the other on a cover price, non exclusive. This is midtown comics, they still had dozens of each behind the counter at 11 pm. 

15 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Not surprisingly, Bloodshot books are selling pretty fast the past 24 hours. 

Ha, not surprised, if we didn't already know it was Bloodshot, there'd be absolutely no way to tell it was based on the Bloodshot comics property. Figures.

5 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ha, not surprised, if we didn't already know it was Bloodshot, there'd be absolutely no way to tell it was based on the Bloodshot comics property. Figures.

I have a feeling that he's not wearing a shirt like that throughout the movie.

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

The comic Rai 0 went up 31 slots on gocollect.com popular book list and reduced $10.00 in value on the same list.

I'm not sure I posses the intellectual capacity to comprehend this market.

It’s not you, and it’s not the Market - it’s the way that particular site ( although I do love it ) displays the info it gathers — you have to put all the pieces together - they don’t do that part well 

Edited by showcase4

2 minutes ago, showcase4 said:
5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

The comic Rai 0 went up 31 slots on gocollect.com popular book list and reduced $10.00 in value on the same list.

I'm not sure I posses the intellectual capacity to comprehend this market.

It’s not you - it’s the way that particular site ( although I do love it ) displays the info it gathers — you have to put all the pieces together - they don’t do that part well 

it would have to mean that more copies have sold (since their last market snapshot) at an overall lesser average price per copy - makes sense. (although i have no idea of their methodology.)