• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Great time to buy NM98. That book will have many more climbs in the next decade. It has always been a long term book for me. 
it’s one thing if u didn’t pick up a box of UF4. Imagine picking one up and flipping it for 10-30$ a pop like most people did for years

5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Great time to buy NM98. That book will have many more climbs in the next decade. It has always been a long term book for me. 
it’s one thing if u didn’t pick up a box of UF4. Imagine picking one up and flipping it for 10-30$ a pop like most people did for years

What would be considered a good price range for NM98 these days?

9 minutes ago, jokiing said:
5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

What would be considered a good price range for NM98 these days?

Here is a guide :foryou: 

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/155574

14 minutes ago, showcase4 said:

Correction - just BOUGHT one because of you (thumbsu ( that’s a compliment - I don’t just buy stuff because it’s mentioned here - maybe only 5%?  Gotta’ be a strong book, with a potentially strong future, recommend by a strong Boardie—- and getting a good deal doesn’t hurt, either! ) 

B48ED131-285A-4F81-8BB3-E4387C56A06C.png

AABAFF74-76ED-4BFC-B33B-B131E76B7B82.jpeg

Reprint????

21 minutes ago, showcase4 said:

Correction - just BOUGHT one because of you (thumbsu ( that’s a compliment - I don’t just buy stuff because it’s mentioned here - maybe only 5%?  Gotta’ be a strong book, with a potentially strong future, recommend by a strong Boardie—- and getting a good deal doesn’t hurt, either! ) 

B48ED131-285A-4F81-8BB3-E4387C56A06C.png

AABAFF74-76ED-4BFC-B33B-B131E76B7B82.jpeg

Cancel order... Thats misleading... Would definitely advise seller to reword his listing accordingly///

I don't want to be a jerk, but i am still befuddled how people are buying the recent reprint thinking it is the original. Folks, it's Apparent from the cover. I know sellers are being cute in their listings, but you've got to do a little research. Anyway, I would like a nice real one for $150 or less. I tapped out there on one jssilverjanet had that went for $151. Listed as 9.0, probably a 9.4 with most other ebay sellers.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

I don't want to be a jerk, but i am still befuddled how people are buying the recent reprint thinking it is the original. Folks, it's Apparent from the cover. I know sellers are being cute in their listings, but you've got to do a little research. Anyway, I would like a nice real one for $150 or less. I tapped out there on one jssilverjanet had that went for $151. Listed as 9.0, probably a 9.4 with most other ebay sellers.

Because they are new to the hobby and trusting. The seller thinks they can get away from it by putting in the description instead. Its 
total :censored:. The younger generation uses their cell phones on ebay and they wont take the time to look thru the description. Honestly 
as a seller myself I don't think they need too. If it sells for $50 and you put reprint our Facsimile in the Title then no big deal no issue.

If the seller didn't then its blatant deception. Its just plain wrong.

Most of the cute sellers put just enough in tbe description to claim they disclosed. Isn't this essentially a second print? Yes, it is shadey. And when 50 or 100 or 150 new collectors realized they paid $50-150 for a $10 second print they may just bail on the hobby. With that said I was talking to a shop owner who is also befuddled by this, but he did acknowledge it was a sell out and could justify a $10-20 price. This sounds about right considering there are a zillion true believers reprints out there already.

Edited by the blob

It is sad because for $90 you could get a presentable copy of the real thing. With that said there may be fewer copies of the facsimile than the real one, though nearly all are high grade.

56 minutes ago, the blob said:

150.00 lol good luck with that. 

Spring for the extra 10 or 20 bucks it will take to get yourself a nice Newsstand copy.

...or keep trying at 150 or under until it shoots back up after a MCU announcement.

6 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

150.00 lol good luck with that. 

Spring for the extra 10 or 20 bucks it will take to get yourself a nice Newsstand copy.

...or keep trying at 150 or under until it shoots back up after a MCU announcement.

Jssilver's went for $151. Granted, I do not know how much higher the winner was willing to go. I changed my mind and went back to throw a few more $ at it figuring he is a good dude and the 9.0 was probably an undergrade, but I was late by 2 minutes. It was going to be a gift for my son if he pulls As on his report card 1st semester of high school. If he wants to sell it in 4 years for college money or pre-college trip money that would be ok. Looks like I will probably give him a $200 performance bonus if he maintains a 95. I need to light a fire under his arse.

Edited by the blob

Not a book I actively hunt, but when I saw one up for auction from a good boardie I bid. Anyway, is stumptown 1 a sell or hold? I sold one for a decent price, but I am almost certain I have more in my unsorted boxes.