• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2019 at 7:12 PM, Beige said:

I think a heck of a lot of people didn't know that Dani Cage was going to be the new Thor as most of the chatter was about Jane Foster.

That left a lot of time for people to play catch-up.

I can't play the modern game CGC wise as Joey is just too slow to get a book to CGC and back and then to me in Australia while the heat remains, so I rarely bother. Postage time alone is 4-6 weeks for Aus - USA - Aus.

With this book (and #12) as it slipped under the radar, I had time to get a couple to CGC so I can play as well for a change.

I think within the next 2 weeks both #11 (Dani Cage as Thor 'Cameo') and #12 (1st full Dannielle cage as Thor) will be common knowledge.

I can't remember the last time USA dealer were letting key books go on the 'bay for cover price!

Be interesting to see which book does best - this really is Hulk #180/181 all over again. A lot of people have bundled #11 + #12 together, such is the uncertainty wether #11 will be labelled a cameo and #12 a full app.

I guess we will see!

This is not in continuity. This Dani Cage is from Earth-89374883$38283$3!

Old Man / Dead Man has never been in continuity although he does crossover sometimes.

1 hour ago, divad said:

:facepalm:

I'm sorry my analogy was so poor. I am aware that this is set out of continuity.

I hope you didn't need medical treatment for any distress caused.

11 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Continuity went out the door many years ago at Marvel so in this case they will make it
work if it sells well. I think that is how they look at every comic book decision now.

Yea but we already know how this is “not going to work”

13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Continuity went out the door many years ago at Marvel so in this case they will make it
work if it sells well. I think that is how they look at every comic book decision now.

Earth-616 is currently very alive in the comic books.

I assume you are referring to the MCU and Marvel Comics (different companies), which prior to a month ago had no relation to the comic books besides characters used.

19 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:
19 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yea but we already know how this is “not going to work”

That's probably right, but I have seen it work before. I like them pulling characters from different universes
like Old Man Logan. Sometime the popularity is so strong its just too hard to pass up for them.
Continuity has been a running joke for years at Marvel so really what do the have to lose. Just throw it at wall
and hope it sticks I guess. I hope it does work that being said its not a book I am looking to buy unless its $1.

59 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

That's probably right, but I have seen it work before. I like them pulling characters from different universes
like Old Man Logan. Sometime the popularity is so strong its just too hard to pass up for them.
Continuity has been a running joke for years at Marvel so really what do the have to lose. Just throw it at wall
and hope it sticks I guess. I hope it does work that being said its not a book I am looking to buy unless its $1.

I love Old man! Yes sometimes it works. 

Thing is nobody cared when she was Cap America so why we will care that she’s Thor?

I guess time will tell.

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

The new packs are almost $10 after tax in store, I’d want them to sell for more if I’m flipping, but $25 is good.

There a good potential investment though. 

At 10 bucks there’s not much to loose if interest in the character fails.

15 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

There a good potential investment though. 

At 10 bucks there’s not much to loose if interest in the character fails.

Oh golly, the dreaded I word being used in connection with modern variants. 

Question for you folks. Didn't want to start my own thread for this, so feel free to ignore me if so. Been checking ebay quite a bit to gauge the heat on both of these 2 books and im trying to decide what the smart choice is.

I have a walking dead #1 in a 9.8 and my brother has proposed a trade to me as he is a huge TWD junkie. He is offering up an Edge of Spider-verse 2 land variant in a 9.8. Take the trade or nah? Thanks for any info/help you guys can give.

7 minutes ago, HookemNC said:

Question for you folks. Didn't want to start my own thread for this, so feel free to ignore me if so. Been checking ebay quite a bit to gauge the heat on both of these 2 books and im trying to decide what the smart choice is.

I have a walking dead #1 in a 9.8 and my brother has proposed a trade to me as he is a huge TWD junkie. He is offering up an Edge of Spider-verse 2 land variant in a 9.8. Take the trade or nah? Thanks for any info/help you guys can give.

I assume you're reading this on your phone.  If so, throw it on the ground so you're not carrying extra weight to slow you down.  Grab your comic and drive to your brother's house as fast as is legal in your jurisdiction and make the trade.

2 minutes ago, revat said:
11 minutes ago, HookemNC said:

I assume you're reading this on your phone.  If so, throw it on the ground so you're not carrying extra weight to slow you down.  Grab your comic and drive to your brother's house as fast as is legal in your jurisdiction and make the trade.

sad but true! Will make a good story several Thanksgiving's from now :shy: 

9 minutes ago, revat said:

Haha thanks and will do!