• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, the blob said:

I get it. The $15k or whatever a month he cleared on the comic (outside of special issues, etc) is chump change. But he could have handed the reigns over to someone else too. A lot of loyal readers lost something with the abrupt cancellation.

He could have, but it was his baby. In a similar situation, I would also end the book the way I wanted it to end, rather than hand it off to someone who potentially would go in a direction that I didn't want it to go in.

17 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

He could have, but it was his baby. In a similar situation, I would also end the book the way I wanted it to end, rather than hand it off to someone who potentially would go in a direction that I didn't want it to go in.

I have not read 193, but unless the zombie virus is cured he could have allowed spin offs. McFarlane has let others do spawn.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:29 PM, the blob said:

Did anyone think a solid selling series would get cancelled because it wasn't worth kirkman's time anymore? I guess he did it with invincible, but WD sold more, no? I'm not sure we go below $2k, yet, with an existing series and spin off. With that said it looks like most sales are still around $2k. The problem with that is if nobody thinks it will rise, it will probably fall. The die hards own their copy.

You should probably read his letter as to why it ended. He actually wanted it to run for half the time it ended up at. Definitely was worth his time.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

You should probably read his letter as to why it ended. He actually wanted it to run for half the time it ended up at. Definitely was worth his time.

If it had run half as long we don't even get to negan. I'm sure he was sincere and all and he sure as heck doesn't care if people who spent $2000 on a comic in the aftermarket lose money. It's just that solid selling titles usually don't get cancelled. And I get it, maybe he doesnt want to push the comic without Rick. Obviously not an issue for the tv show though. When you're worth many millions you have the luxury of these artistic choices.

Edited by the blob

On 11/16/2019 at 12:23 PM, the blob said:

If it had run half as long we don't even get to negan. I'm sure he was sincere and all and he sure as heck doesn't care if people who spent $2000 on a comic in the aftermarket lose money. It's just that solid selling titles usually don't get cancelled. And I get it, maybe he doesnt want to push the comic without Rick. Obviously not an issue for the tv show though. When you're worth many millions you have the luxury of these artistic choices.

The story was always Rick's story. Once he was gone, it was inevitable the title was over.

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

I mean not new news necessarily, but Thunderbolts #1 from 97 is breaking $20. Superman #17 from the current run is hot right now, but not obscenely high. Carnage books are selling really well, especially the USA miniseries. Spawn newsies are stupid profitable right now. 
Just some random observations. 

I'd keep an eye on Thunderbolts #1 2nd Print. This is purely anecdotal, but there don't seem to be nearly as many of those floating around.

Also The Bunker from Oni Press is in development for NBC. Those issues seem to be selling well. With only 19 issues and the last few being pretty low orders, I can see full sets being solid buys.

Marvel Zombies books are selling well with news of them being. Involved in the Disney+ 'What If' series. There have been solid sales on Ultimate FF 21-23 and 30-32

And of course anything related to bourbon sells well

Edited by lightninglad

11 hours ago, lightninglad said:

I'd keep an eye on Thunderbolts #1 2nd Print. This is purely anecdotal, but there don't seem to be nearly as many of those floating around.

Also The Bunker from Oni Press is in development for NBC. Those issues seem to be selling well. With only 19 issues and the last few being pretty low orders, I can see full sets being solid buys.

Marvel Zombies books are selling well with news of them being. Involved in the Disney+ 'What If' series. There have been solid sales on Ultimate FF 21-23 and 30-32

And of course anything related to bourbon sells well

Ah, Bunker. I remember the first option. When options used to sell books...:cloud9:

10 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

I heard through the grapevine that Absolute Carnage #5 might be a book to be on the lookout for tomorrow. :gossip:

Pass, nothing more than has been happening for the past 12 Venom / Cates issues, more or less.

Edited by ygogolak

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Ah, Bunker. I remember the first option. When options used to sell books...:cloud9:

Pass, nothing more than has been happening for the past 12 Venom / Cates issues, more or less.

If sleepy passes - I pass

TWD value is strictly show related and the series is inevitably going to come to an end. How can you find continous interest in human beings fighting off mindless senseless zombies.

As a modern it stands with ASM 300 and BA 12, but those two comics main importance are characters that are continuing in both universes (marvel and dc) so there value is understood, and a rise and continued ascendency is understood too