• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Today, I don't see them using any character named Isis

Yeah, people are stupid and ignorant, aren't they.

This was my thought.  it's not like Black Adam is soooooo popular and well known that a significant segment of the population will be mad, it's not like Mary Jane or Lois Lane.  They can rename the character (Iris?) or make a new character or have no love interest, or whatever.  it's fine.  No need to rile the folks up about having a Middle Eastern character named Isis in the movie. 

Although if its a movie about ancient times, maybe they won't care. 

5 hours ago, revat said:
5 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Today, I don't see them using any character named Isis

Yeah, people are stupid and ignorant, aren't they.

This was my thought.  it's not like Black Adam is soooooo popular and well known that a significant segment of the population will be mad, it's not like Mary Jane or Lois Lane.  They can rename the character (Iris?) or make a new character or have no love interest, or whatever.  it's fine.  No need to rile the folks up about having a Middle Eastern character named Isis in the movie. 

Although if its a movie about ancient times, maybe they won't care. 

On the other hand she could be the next Wonder Woman . . . :bigsmile: (just not for the American crowd.)

On 11/27/2019 at 1:57 PM, Lazyboy said:

Literally the only reason not to use Isis is because stupid and/or ignorant people will think she has some connection to a recent group of terrorists.

I honestly don't think that would be an issue.  Maybe I'm just naive. 

1 hour ago, cd4ever said:
On 11/27/2019 at 1:57 PM, Lazyboy said:

Literally the only reason not to use Isis is because stupid and/or ignorant people will think she has some connection to a recent group of terrorists.

I honestly don't think that would be an issue.  Maybe I'm just naive. 

Well...

7 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think people are just in holiday mode. Or just haven't bothering sharing what they've noticed is heating up.

Nope - it’s been a rough month.  You know it’s rough when key collector has a tough time finding anything spiking.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Nope - it’s been a rough month.  You know it’s rough when key collector has a tough time finding anything spiking.

KeyCollector is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed . Dont rely on him for info

Edited by Second Blight