• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, GLCBrad said:

Finally read Venom 20

Cates is clearly going to bring back the Ultimate Universe in general in addition to the “Ultimate Symbiote”

Anyone think this will lead to renewed interest in any of the original Ultimate titles?

I hope so. 

I enjoyed some of those series. Unfortunately, I doubt it.  

Didn't Marvel Zombies start there?  

Patrick

18 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Honestly I am a little tired of Venom and the super hype machine. I cant be the only one.

I like a lot of Cates stuff, but the constant hyping has gotten old.

Perhaps, but what we think has little to do with the current marketplace :insane:

5 hours ago, divad said:
On 12/3/2019 at 7:05 PM, fastballspecial said:

Honestly I am a little tired of Venom and the super hype machine. I cant be the only one.

Perhaps, but what we think has little to do with the current marketplace :insane:

I would disagree there in general. Many of have a pretty good pulse of the market. There are about 10 
boardies on here I listen whenever they post info.

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:
10 hours ago, divad said:
On 12/3/2019 at 5:05 PM, fastballspecial said:

I would disagree there in general. Many of have a pretty good pulse of the market. There are about 10 
boardies on here I listen whenever they post info.

You misunderstood me. I agree that many of you here have a pretty good pulse of the market, and I appreciate hearing from all of you. What I meant was that what we think (as in the first quote above) has little to do with influencing the direction of the current marketplace. The fact that you may be "a little tired of Venom" doesn't mean that the market is.

Edited by divad

On 12/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, the blob said:

The consignment stuff mostly. Their regular prices are not terribly different than a lot of ebay store prices. They are not mile high.

Yes it’s sellers asking crazy money for some books but again at least it creates somewhat of a “cap” that is good because people will steal your money on eBay if there was no other price points to reference.

8 hours ago, kimik said:

That title seems to have a rumor every year or two.

But now it’s actually released on Netflix. 

I haven’t watched and don’t know if it will have a slow burn and price bump like Umbrella Academy or The Boys, but just the fact it’s on tv goosed the stale prices. 

About this time every year you see the grails see nice sales as people buy for Christmas.
Hot books kinda slow down this time of year along with other books. That's just what I have
seen over the years. A lot of years this is my buying time from here to tax season as buyers/sellers/collectors
dump to pay bills.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

About this time every year you see the grails see nice sales as people buy for Christmas.
Hot books kinda slow down this time of year along with other books. That's just what I have
seen over the years. A lot of years this is my buying time from here to tax season as buyers/sellers/collectors
dump to pay bills.

I didn’t understand anything from what you wrote. But if u meant that books have cooled off this time of year you’re absolutely right. But every year is different. Last year I made a killing in November-December. Every year is different 

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:
4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

dump to pay bills.

I didn’t understand anything from what you wrote. But if u meant that books have cooled off this time of year you’re absolutely right. But every year is different. Last year I made a killing in November-December. Every year is different 

lol

Guess I should have just said that.
I tend do okay in December/Jan, but I stay away from the modern variant/keys during that time period
and focus on more reliable books.