• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Batman beyond 37...trending how?

Its averaging 15.00 a copy same as it was last month?

2 sold yesterday. Only 2

Ive sold a few for $20 last 72 hours, bb37.

Yes, canto is another one that is trending. NM copies fetch a nice premium.

19 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Has there been news about Canto? I've had a copy sitting for a while that now has 9 bids.

There has been a good amount of buzz about it being one of the best stories of the year in wrap up articles.

43 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Why? 

According to GCD and recently reported on Key Collector:

"DC contracted with Walmart to do a full endcap of the Walmart Giant comics in 56 of its 3000 stores for a limited time (March-April 2019), this special Detective Comics Giant was only available in these 56 stores that received the endcap. Each of these stores received approximately 50-60 copies of this issue (as well as additional quantities of other regular Walmart Giant issues), there were no additional copies printed of this issue beyond what was initially shipped to these stores."

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Holy bizalls, this Tec 80th Anniversary Wal-Mart Giant is going insane! Multiple copies at over $100 with bids and the leader in the clubhouse at $212.50! 

I am glad for the sellers. Get in and get out. No way does it stay that high.

My next question would be will LCS's be able to order that book because they can order
other Walmart Giants now.

17 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

So people are spending top $$$ for a mainly reprint/compilation book bcs it has a limited print run 

amazing investing insight!

Wish I still had that bridge to sell. It too was limited.

20 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

According to GCD and recently reported on Key Collector:

"DC contracted with Walmart to do a full endcap of the Walmart Giant comics in 56 of its 3000 stores for a limited time (March-April 2019), this special Detective Comics Giant was only available in these 56 stores that received the endcap. Each of these stores received approximately 50-60 copies of this issue (as well as additional quantities of other regular Walmart Giant issues), there were no additional copies printed of this issue beyond what was initially shipped to these stores."

20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I am glad for the sellers. Get in and get out. No way does it stay that high.

My next question would be will LCS's be able to order that book because they can order
other Walmart Giants now.

LCS's were not able to get the giants in April 2019.

11 hours ago, divad said:

Personally, I wouldn't buy any book that said "Wal-Mart" on it.:sumo:

Why?  It’s just another comic sales outlet?  We have all lamented the death of comics at corner stores and then people gripe about Walmart selling comics.

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:
17 hours ago, divad said:

Personally, I wouldn't buy any book that said "Wal-Mart" on it.:sumo:

Why?  It’s just another comic sales outlet?  We have all lamented the death of comics at corner stores and then people gripe about Walmart selling comics.

I have no issue with them per say I made quite a bit of money off them when they first came out. The reason I avoid them now is its more hype then truth. This detective book is an outlier, but I don't
believe the print run. Now as far as sales go one seller has sold a lot of them, but the majority are different bidders so I am inclined to believe the price drive up is speculation or Bat fans of which I don't know. 

They do look legit as at least 10 different sellers and different sellers are running auctions so my first thought of market manipulation seems to be wrong here its some sort of genuine demand due to perceived scarcity which may or may not be true. For those buyers I hope it is true.

Edited by fastballspecial

15 hours ago, Tnexus said:

Somehow 56 of 3000 stores screams BS to me. Why make such a low volume?

I agree. Besides being posted by some person online what other sources confirm these numbers? Do we have a press release from Walmart or DC?These people aren’t all honest and may have ulterior motives. I mean all they have to do is comment on a book and people will buy it no questions asked. I’m not saying this is the case but I don’t see this book maintaining these values for very long.