• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

are we seriously going to go from ancient alien eternals to batwoman beyond spec? That isn't what this thread is about.

BTW

Fear Agent just got optioned so get those #1's ready.

And the source? I know it was back in 2009 but nothing came of it. 

Edited by Corona smith

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Would you like the hobby to be around for a while to sell to the adults who are today kids? Or just worry about yourself when there are other avenues to make the same money?

And I feel I need to explain this for some reason, the people doing this now are not going to be in the hobby when the lucrative train ride ends. They will move onto the next thing.

You’re not making a lot of sense. So selling books to younger people is taboo because it’s going to drive them away from the hobby? Umm, I bet most on here started reading and then collecting comics as kids and were still around buying comics. Besides the fact that it was in reference to Canto which you deemed a children’s story. I know a lot of adults who are enjoying it. We’re all entitled to our opinions but ting on someone because they’re selling a certain book is unnecessary. 

1 minute ago, Corona smith said:

You’re not making a lot of sense. So selling books to younger people is taboo because it’s going to drive them away from the hobby? Umm, I bet most on here started reading and then collecting comics as kids and were still around buying comics. Besides the fact that it was in reference to Canto which you deemed a children’s story. I know a lot of adults who are enjoying it. We’re all entitled to our opinions but ting on someone because they’re selling a certain book is unnecessary. 

That goes for sure. But his second point remains valid: if you sell to children for the money, and for the money alone, they will hardly become affected to the stories and the characters.

8 minutes ago, vaillant said:

That goes for sure. But his second point remains valid: if you sell to children for the money, and for the money alone, they will hardly become affected to the stories and the characters.

Maybe I’m missing something. You sell things to make money, right? I hardly see a sellers motives for making money effecting the buyers ability to read and enjoy a book.

So if we’re not allowed to sell kids books how are they supposed to get them in the first place? 

6 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Maybe I’m missing something. You sell things to make money, right? I hardly see a sellers motives for making money effecting the buyers ability to read and enjoy a book.

So if we’re not allowed to sell kids books how are they supposed to get them in the first place? 

I did not follow your previous discussion but my point adds a further consideration which probably is unrelated to what you were criticizing about aweandlorder’s previous posts.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

are we seriously going to go from ancient alien eternals to batwoman beyond spec? That isn't what this thread is about.

BTW

Fear Agent just got optioned so get those #1's ready.

Have been looking for those #1 for a while, real hard to come by...but maybe not soon.

SO glad that Fear Agent is getting some respect. 

#1 seems to have sold well today. 

I need to go back and look.  When the series was coming out, there were 2 issues that were tough and low print (not #1).  I think 4 and 5.  

I loved the book so much, I bought any I could find at the time. 

Patrick

18 hours ago, Corona smith said:

The first step in the process is you removing the comic from the initial marketplace. Taking that comic with the intent of profiting instead of letting a child, who it was intended for, have access to it. When the supply dries up, that is when value starts to rise.

Google the Hatchimals (toy) b.s. that happened a couple holiday seasons ago. Some of those people got their just due.

Okay I figured that’s what it was. That’s where shops need to pay attention and put limits on what people buy if it’s popular. I don’t know anyone personally who would buy all copies of any books. With Spider-verse 2 I went to my lcs and bought a copy. Then a few days later I grabbed another. Over the course of a few weeks I picked up 6 copies. I could’ve grabbed em all at once but wanted others to have s chance. 

21 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Maximum Carnage Sets - I sell 5 to 10 a year.

What do those go for raw for a set in NM+/NM++ i have multiple of the whole sets never read, that and Carnage...,.i just bought 1700 books from that era never opened books....

Edited by KryptoSpidey

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

The first step in the process is you removing the comic from the initial marketplace. Taking that comic with the intent of profiting instead of letting a child, who it was intended for, have access to it. When the supply dries up, that is when value starts to rise.

Google the Hatchimals (toy) b.s. that happened a couple holiday seasons ago. Some of those people got their just due.

A peril @1Cool does not incur in, because:
1) No comics are specifically targeted to "geriatric grandmas";
2) Very likely they will have (hopefully) gone to heaven by the time the speculators' dust will have settled.

(Bad) joking aside, you are absolutely right.

15 hours ago, vaillant said:

A peril @1Cool does not incur in, because:
1) No comics are specifically targeted to "geriatric grandmas";
2) Very likely they will have (hopefully) gone to heaven by the time the speculators' dust will have settled.

(Bad) joking aside, you are absolutely right.

Ha, 1Cool and I are friends. We like to trade jabs on here.