• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I thought it looked decent, maybe just a little low budget. Obviously it has Umbrella Academy potential.

It's not so bad if you accept it for what it is. Low budget? Definitely! As bad a the current ratings on IMDB? No. 

I acknowledge that it's not as 'good' as Umbrella Academy, but I prefer October Faction because it feels like a B-movie. 

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I thought it looked decent, maybe just a little low budget. Obviously it has Umbrella Academy potential.

Now Locke & Key on the other hand looked very good. Been on my list for awhile but haven’t pulled  the trigger. 

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

Now Locke & Key on the other hand looked very good. Been on my list for awhile but haven’t pulled  the trigger. 

I agree, Locke & Key trailer looks really good. But I imagine Joe Hill is a creator that you would want to keep happy for access to future projects.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:39 AM, paperheart said:

No luv for Ex Machina?

I'm just not sure how the movie will translate to the comic in terms of the name. There is already a recent, popular, movie called Ex Machina. If it doesn't keep the name there is value lost with the comic, IMO.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I'm just not sure how the movie will translate to the comic in terms of the name. There is already a recent, popular, movie called Ex Machina. If it doesn't keep the name there is value lost with the comic, IMO.

i would have loved to have seen an announcement of a 4 season HBO/Netflix/Amazon show rather than a movie- material better lends itself to a longer arc. Oh, well...

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Similar to Alias/Jessica Jones. 

Patrick

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

My understanding is that the show will be called ‘The Great Machine’ for just this reason. The Great Machine is the name used for the main character within the story.

Personally, I love this series, and think it’s tailor-made for TV. It could easily lead to other BKV adaptations as well...

On 1/28/2020 at 10:41 AM, fastballspecial said:

If u haven't seen u sales pick up yet they should very soon. Tax money is flowing I am getting hammered this week in sales. I had my first international sale in months as well. 

I keep thinking sales will increase once the tax refunds arrive, but I have not noticed anything (yet).  International sales have been hot this year with 10 in January (mostly multiple CGC books).

3 hours ago, lonetree said:

I keep thinking sales will increase once the tax refunds arrive, but I have not noticed anything (yet).  International sales have been hot this year with 10 in January (mostly multiple CGC books).

Slabs seem to be selling pretty nicely but raw books have not seen a large increase like previous years.  Hopefully people start getting their tax refunds next month and the pocket books start opening up soon.  it's scary when you go to price out a book and see only a couple copies have sold in the last 3 months.

I stopped selling to anyone International except Canada and Austrialia.  90% of my issues over the years have been international buyers and the return shipping cost if a book has to be sent back is just a killer.  I'm sure I've missed out on some sales but considering I only did maybe 5% of my business to International buyers it can't be many.

Edited by 1Cool