• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Slabs seem to be selling pretty nicely but raw books have not seen a large increase like previous years.  Hopefully people start getting their tax refunds next month and the pocket books start opening up soon.  it's scary when you go to price out a book and see only a couple copies have sold in the last 3 months.

I stopped selling to anyone International except Canada and Austrialia.  90% of my issues over the years have been international buyers and the return shipping cost if a book has to be sent back is just a killer.  I'm sure I've missed out on some sales but considering I only did maybe 5% of my business to International buyers it can't be many.

I love international sales. They’re always for high ticket items and almost always pay top dollar. I also get many more repeat buyers from overseas. I had a MOTU buyer from Belgium that kept buying MOTU books from me and even put a list together for me to find for him. Another was a Conan fan from Lebanon that bought several DH TP from me. They’re not many but they’re a lot of fun 

2 hours ago, Avi said:

yes please pump this some more!

Hey Avi...

Do yourself a favor and don’t try to be such a wise guy.

Your not tuff. Not cool.

You troll with nothing to really say or contribute.

This thread is “moderns heating up on eBay” and the sales frequency proves that without any petty or frivolous argument.

Honestly you are dead weight in these forums.

your a poser bub! 

Edited by Shoomanfoo

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/01/29/loki-auditioning-sera-exclusive/

A while ago it was the Thor movie rumor, this time Loki.  The character is tied heavily with Angela though.  Seems like every two months this book move's from cover to 12 bucks on some article.  Hope it's true because I have a good amount of them (Unloaded 2 Graded 9.8's so far.)  We should find out by the end of the year though.

1 hour ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Hey Avi...

Do yourself a favor and don’t try to be such a wise guy.

Your not tuff. Not cool.

You troll with nothing to really say or contribute.

This thread is “moderns heating up on eBay” and the sales frequency proves that without any petty or frivolous argument.

Honestly you are dead weight in these forums.

your a poser bub! 

poor-baby-memes-2.jpg

19 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:
On 1/30/2020 at 2:19 PM, 1Cool said:

Slabs seem to be selling pretty nicely but raw books have not seen a large increase like previous years.  Hopefully people start getting their tax refunds next month and the pocket books start opening up soon.  it's scary when you go to price out a book and see only a couple copies have sold in the last 3 months.

I stopped selling to anyone International except Canada and Austrialia.  90% of my issues over the years have been international buyers and the return shipping cost if a book has to be sent back is just a killer.  I'm sure I've missed out on some sales but considering I only did maybe 5% of my business to International buyers it can't be many.

I love international sales. They’re always for high ticket items and almost always pay top dollar. I also get many more repeat buyers from overseas. I had a MOTU buyer from Belgium that kept buying MOTU books from me and even put a list together for me to find for him. Another was a Conan fan from Lebanon that bought several DH TP from me. They’re not many but they’re a lot of fun 

I had several buyers like that years ago. I had a German buyer who would send me $20/50 bills and ask for all his change in $1 bills. I thought maybe strip club money, but he told they were just hard to come by where he lived lol.

6 minutes ago, 500Club said:

Posting actual sales isn't pumping, at least to me... (shrug)

No, but I find that mentioning it more than once is.

The first post seems to have be removed but said something to the effect like

Angela 1 is a hot book. if you don't know why Google it

4 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

10 sales so far today as of 1pm eBay 2 sales Mercari 

22 sales yesterday eBay 5 sales Mercari

8772AF19-67E1-4D79-9770-0C4ECD3D4CC4.png

Its been hot for a week or so now. I am not seeing the price for reg issue more then $10 though right? The variant
might see some movement too, but why not Spawn 9 as well is what I am wondering.

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Its been hot for a week or so now. I am not seeing the price for reg issue more then $10 though right? The variant
might see some movement too, but why not Spawn 9 as well is what I am wondering.

This issue is considered the first appearance of Sera, Marvel's first transgender character also coming to tv soon.

14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

No usually 7 bucks or 10 with free ship.

Still a nice affordable book to stock up on though.

On 1/28/2020 at 11:41 AM, fastballspecial said:

If u haven't seen u sales pick up yet they should very soon. Tax money is flowing I am getting hammered this week in sales. I had my first international sale in months as well. 

Not Moderns, but my books are starting to move off the watched list into the sold pile as well. Time to start listing more!