• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I don't agree with everything on the key collector app but they did say Memetic was optioned back in November before anyone else - a book that has since gone from $4 to $40.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut occasionally. When you have a ton of people feeding you information some of it is
bound to be right.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut occasionally. When you have a ton of people feeding you information some of it is
bound to be right.

Nobody else was reporting it then. He’s gotten a few exclusives. You don’t have to like it, but you can’t argue facts.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

bound to be right.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but he has a pretty solid track record for reporting movie and tv news before anyone else - that's all I was trying to say.

11 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you but he has a pretty solid track record for reporting movie and tv news before anyone else - that's all I was trying to say.

Oh I agree. In this day of information you win some you lose some. (You have to do it cheap.) Its just you are paying for information that you can get on your own and I get it time is money. The nice thing is in capitalism is competition.

Many FB groups are moving to this model as well. I had 3 groups I belong to all go private and move to Dischord in the last few months several claiming they built they group and have the right to charge. One group uses it as protection of information which I admire a little more then others which were just plain greedy :censored: The funny thing about it is their costs are probably cheaper honestly if they can build their user bases up. Nice thing is new free groups sprout up every day on FB.

I am not here to judge them, but in market where margins count a lot every bit counts. We used to share information for the benefit of many of us. I still do it I could easily never post again and still very well on comics.(Now that being said its after I have sold mine most of the time I am still a capitalist. Or at least sold a lot.)

I don't see the need to hold other people hostage or try to market myself as an advisor when the information they get it is given to them by others as well. It would bother me personally if I was given away information that was more a gamble then proven fact unless its in a speculation thread where we are spitballing at the same time. At least in the last year or two many of those sites have finally decided they have provide data to back up their information. That's a step in the right direction because for years promoting a book for one sale or store variant that sponsors that speculation web site was a terrible way to do business. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 2/7/2020 at 10:15 AM, fastballspecial said:

Oh I agree. In this day of information you win some you lose some. (You have to do it cheap.) Its just you are paying for information that you can get on your own and I get it time is money. The nice thing is in capitalism is competition.

Many FB groups are moving to this model as well. I had 3 groups I belong to all go private and move to Dischord in the last few months several claiming they built they group and have the right to charge. One group uses it as protection of information which I admire a little more then others which were just plain greedy :censored: The funny thing about it is their costs are probably cheaper honestly if they can build their user bases up. Nice thing is new free groups sprout up every day on FB.

I am not here to judge them, but in market where margins count a lot every bit counts. We used to share information for the benefit of many of us. I still do it I could easily never post again and still very well on comics.(Now that being said its after I have sold mine most of the time I am still a capitalist. Or at least sold a lot.)

I don't see the need to hold other people hostage or try to market myself as an advisor when the information they get it is given to them by others as well. It would bother me personally if I was given away information that was more a gamble then proven fact unless its in a speculation thread where we are spitballing at the same time. At least in the last year or two many of those sites have finally decided they have provide data to back up their information. That's a step in the right direction because for years promoting a book for one sale or store variant that sponsors that speculation web site was a terrible way to do business. 

We’ve been over this before, but for some reason you choose to not accept it. I guess your time to search hundreds of websites and social media sites is not worth anything.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:15 AM, fastballspecial said:

Ok?

On 2/6/2020 at 9:40 PM, followtheleader said:

$35 consistently. 

One just sold for $50 though. 

Looks like condition is a problem with this issue. 

I've personally only seen 1 copy of the book. 

Patrick

Somehow, I've had plenty of copies of this. I've had one on my wall for probably a solid 6 months or so. Not one of the 1500+ comic collecting attendees asked me about it at Heroes MiniCon Saturday. 

5 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Somehow, I've had plenty of copies of this. I've had one on my wall for probably a solid 6 months or so. Not one of the 1500+ comic collecting attendees asked me about it at Heroes MiniCon Saturday. 

Probably because . . . nobody likes bernie. lol

16 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Hulk 1 and 2 2008 all covers...heating again.

2 having a lot of recent sales still under 10 bucks

F*%#! Was just at my unit the other day and came across that run. Wanted to pull it out to list but figured nah I’ll do it next time. Ok... back to the storage unit tomorrow

Haven't posted on here in a few years, and have only looked at the page a few times a year. Used to always read and post. For some reason my old posts/stats aren't synced with my account. Weird.

Nice to come back and find out what stuff you've hoarded has gone up or down, and also to see that some random stuff that you may have somewhere has spiked in price.

Edited by Dukes401