• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, catch21 said:

Looks like the new king of the Modern age is Ultimate Fallout 4 variant. A 9.8 last sold Feb 9th  $2700.  One of the few rare books the price has risen after the movie released.

I wouldn't really count the animated movie and a reason for price increase or decrease. Miles is now an integral and established character at Marvel. Spider-Gwen is still holding a lot of value as well.

18 hours ago, catch21 said:

Looks like the new king of the Modern age is Ultimate Fallout 4 variant. A 9.8 last sold Feb 9th  $2700.  One of the few rare books the price has risen after the movie released.

Shill seller I believe. It's back on the market suddenly at $2800.

23 minutes ago, catch21 said:

I thought BA12 or Walking Dead 1 were at the top?

They were, but times change. That being said, let's see whether the UF 4 variant sale is the new norm or an outlier.

On 2/11/2020 at 6:02 PM, catch21 said:

Its funny how that overproduction sale from Marvel hasn't really hurt that value. I hate all of you that found one at $5 Stores.

A bit tangential because it is a book versus a comic, but supposedly Almost Got 'Im (golden book) surpassed BA 12.and WD 1 in FMV for a 9.8. Two websites reported that a CGC 9.8 copy of Almost Got 'Im was sold for $2,288 late last year. I still haven't seen where this book was sold so I can't verify first hand. 

2 hours ago, Twisted_Road said:

A bit tangential because it is a book versus a comic, but supposedly Almost Got 'Im (golden book) surpassed BA 12.and WD 1 in FMV for a 9.8. Two websites reported that a CGC 9.8 copy of Almost Got 'Im was sold for $2,288 late last year. I still haven't seen where this book was sold so I can't verify first hand. 

Huh. There was a sale recorded on GPA for that, so it would have been an Ebay sale or one of the other sites that report to gpa..I had 4-5 of these still sealed a few years back and was told that CGC wouldn't grade them. My copies were flawless, and no doubt would have graded 9.6-9.8. I sold them for decent $$, but nowhere near that sale. Has CGC changed their stance on this book, or is that one that slipped through?

8 hours ago, Twisted_Road said:

Was sold on ebay

80AAF9E6-C26E-4040-A758-3692804C4FFD.thumb.jpeg.317ed2384c1a7db7c8766e00d5c88564.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Twisted_Road said:

Many thanks. Wanted to see the key comments, but forgot I could get that from the Census, where it says:

Included with "Batman the Animated, Series Tale 'n' Tape" package.

And to clarify. The 2nd listing is for a qualified 9.8. The blue label 9.8 finished at 2288. There are what? 3 9.8 on the census? And only one non qualified?

5 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

And to clarify. The 2nd listing is for a qualified 9.8. The blue label 9.8 finished at 2288. There are what? 3 9.8 on the census? And only one non qualified?

what does it say on the "cgc label"? "predates?"

Would love to see a pic of the actual product slabbed :wishluck: not finding it on ebay