• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

James Tynion announced it in his blog on Jan. 19. A week before FOC of Batman #89 and two before Hell Arisen. If you purchased either or both you would be doing fine right now.

https://jamestynioniv.substack.com/p/8-here-comes-the-punchline

I missed that - not that I have time to read the blog of James Tynion. :grin: :sorry:

5 minutes ago, 500Club said:

I missed that - not that I have time to read the blog of James Tynion. :grin: :sorry:

Neither do I and I doubt he has a big comic book speculation following. I saw it posted elsewhere. I would venture most of the big artists / writers / creators have blogs, twitter, or other social media outlets. Just another example of the information sharing though the many facets available to us today that some choose to ignore and badmouth regularly.

7 minutes ago, BishopT said:

No kidding, I checked my copy after I heard about it yesterday. I wonder how many people are checking their copies they’ve listed on eBay...

There has been only one sold at the error price...wonder how long that lasts.

I’m not saying this is how it’ll go down, but I’m reminded of when Batman #40 New 52 came out. The same week Justice League #40 came out with the first Grail. Batman was flying off the shelves and being scalped to death, but not so much for JL 40. Fast forward any years later and JL 40 still occasionally goes for $20 or more. Batman #40? It’s true dollar box fodder.

On 1/4/2020 at 3:32 PM, ygogolak said:

LCS's were not able to get the giants in April 2019.

When they first hit the shelves I was able to snag one from Walmart and another that was sent to a friend who's stores weren't on the distribution list. Later I find that my LCS owner cleaned out almost all copies at our two local Walmarts when they first hit. Tells me he was selling them on Evilbay for $35 each and up. So in early Jan I get wind of the "only 1500 copies printed" hubbub via a Instagram post that linked a YouTube video telling all about it, and go to the web to see for myself. Sure enough folks are going ape over it. Since I had several copies of the reprinted stories in other books and I don't care for modern Batman comics, I put mine up on Evilbay with a BIN of $125. It sold in less than 15 mins. $125 for a $5 book?

Recently I snagged another copy on FB Marketplace (seller was unaware of the spike) and had it graded/slabbed. Came back at 9.8. Now I'm wondering what kind of dough it will command slabbed. Going to a big show in March so I should be able to sell it pretty easily.

2 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Next we might actually see that price. Lower print run full appearance. I feel for shop owners next week.

3 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Who would pay 100 bucks for this book? Just wait a few weeks and that price will crumble.....I hope this is just two guys pushing that price up.:ohnoez:

On 2/11/2020 at 11:19 AM, Aweandlorder said:

F*%#! Was just at my unit the other day and came across that run. Wanted to pull it out to list but figured nah I’ll do it next time. Ok... back to the storage unit tomorrow

Actually there’s no rush. Shire you can get 40 bucks today but when there’s an official announcement “if” and there’s a strong chance...then you’ll get 89-100 bucks!