• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

Anyone actually read Batman #89? Heard some local collectors muttering at LCS that 1st cameo of Punchline just showed that villian's lips?? Can't confirm, as LCS sold out.

#89 is also a cameo for a character called the Designer so it's a double cameo issue. All and all it is a pretty mediocre issue. I thought the issue where Deathstroke slashed the Penguin's throat was a better story. 

7 hours ago, Second Blight said:

There is a way to tell:  Other sellers have it for much less.

That is an assumption.
Just because other sellers have it for less and an auction is above your threshold does not mean they are scamming the system.
I'd rather deal with facts and not conspiracy theories. Show facts or it probably is not happening outside of your own little perspective.

14 minutes ago, BobBain said:

That is an assumption.
Just because other sellers have it for less and an auction is above your threshold does not mean they are scamming the system.
I'd rather deal with facts and not conspiracy theories. Show facts or it probably is not happening outside of your own little perspective.

When there are multiple sellers with feedback as good or better than the seller with the pricey auction that have the same item available for cheaper, then yes, that's definitely something fishy. Whether it's the seller shilling his own book, or someone running the price up, I can't say, but why bid more for an item when you can hit the BIN on another seller with the same thing?

30 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

When there are multiple sellers with feedback as good or better than the seller with the pricey auction that have the same item available for cheaper, then yes, that's definitely something fishy. Whether it's the seller shilling his own book, or someone running the price up, I can't say, but why bid more for an item when you can hit the BIN on another seller with the same thing?

I have to agree something fishy when they can be had for half that price BIN. I can see bidding taking it up a bit more than other BIN’s but not that much. 

8 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

I have to agree something fishy when they can be had for half that price BIN. I can see bidding taking it up a bit more than other BIN’s but not that much. 

Since these are all pre-orders, one can't even argue that one particular 9.8 is better than another (different centering or whatever).

45 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

And by 50% more? Please its beyond fishy. I guess you could call it stupidity if its legit.

7 hours ago, kairos70 said:

#89 is also a cameo for a character called the Designer so it's a double cameo issue. All and all it is a pretty mediocre issue. I thought the issue where Deathstroke slashed the Penguin's throat was a better story. 

It was super mediocre as a read.  

Cover was terrible. 

Patrick

13 hours ago, BobBain said:

That is an assumption.

Not an assumption. Hard cold fact. It's definitely being shilled.

The seller even has ANOTHER listing for 9.8s as a BIN....FOR LESS !  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Year-Of-The-Villain-Hell-Arisen-3-CGC-9-8-Cover-A-1st-Full-Punchline-FAST-PASS/193342648020?hash=item2d041eaed4:g:wZIAAOSwUrZeSEH2

Stay away from this seller.

Edited by Second Blight

1 hour ago, Second Blight said:

Not an assumption. Hard cold fact. It's definitely being shilled.

The seller even has ANOTHER listing for 9.8s as a BIN....FOR LESS !  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Year-Of-The-Villain-Hell-Arisen-3-CGC-9-8-Cover-A-1st-Full-Punchline-FAST-PASS/193342648020?hash=item2d041eaed4:g:wZIAAOSwUrZeSEH2

Stay away from this seller.

Absolutely. He is also a TCM insider. Go figure.

19 hours ago, BobBain said:
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 7:48 AM, Second Blight said:

There is a way to tell:  Other sellers have it for much less.

That is an assumption.

Listed BINs are facts. :makepoint:

With RockMyAmadeus talking up a storm about his Maxx prototypes, I guess a sale like this was bound to happen.  Darker Image #1 Gold Variant in 9.8 sold for $200.  Not sure if that means "heating up" but it was an interesting sale and I see the correlations to all the buzz around here..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Darker-Image-1-CGC-9-8-Gold-Foil-RARE-1st-Maxx-Deathblow-and-Bloodwulf-/202908509417?nma=true&si=0W40YPdFtYSlk%2FkjKUxHf8ieVY4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by whetteon