• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Star Wars Clone Wars 1 is absolutely smoking right now.

People love Ahsoka, and for good reason. Hoping the Mandalorian does her justice.  

15 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

This turd will drop like a lead balloon after all the sheep finish grazing.... this hobby is a complete wash, rinse and repeat of the same garbage books week after week.

LOL, you don't have a firm grasp on Modern comics or Star Wars apparently.

9 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

People love Ahsoka, and for good reason. Hoping the Mandalorian does her justice.  

Yup

29 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

LOL, you don't have a firm grasp on Modern comics or Star Wars apparently.

Yup

One does not need a firm grasp on Modern comics or Star Wars to know that this type of garbage will be worthless 4 months after an
E class character comes and goes.
Fear Of Missing Out rules the lemming speculators.

I don't have a problem with it... I'm more then happy to sell these junk books to the sheep for ridiculous margins.  I'll even smile at them while I do it.

3 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

One does not need a firm grasp on Modern comics or Star Wars to know that this type of garbage will be worthless 4 months after an

I don't have a problem with it... I'm more then happy to sell these junk books to the sheep for ridiculous margins.  I'll even smile at them while I do it.

1. The book has been on the upswing for years. Not because of a casting this week. So yea, you don't know the market.

2. We all know movie appearances make books go up and down. This is Star Wars. Star Wars is bigger than a movie or TV show here and there. So, yea, you don't know Star Wars.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

1. The book has been on the upswing for years. Not because of a casting this week. So yea, you don't know the market.

2. We all know movie appearances make books go up and down. This is Star Wars. Star Wars is bigger than a movie or TV show here and there. So, yea, you don't know Star Wars.

I agree with first point. Not so much with the second. But overall the first point is what makes sense to me as well - it seems like a big player and has been so for awhile so not gonna go down soon if at all

8 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I agree with first point. Not so much with the second. But overall the first point is what makes sense to me as well - it seems like a big player and has been so for awhile so not gonna go down soon if at all

It will go up and then come back down for sure. But it won't be a $20 raw book anymore.

Star Wars has not yet had a character take this form. Meaning, build popularity from comics and animated shows and then crossover into the live action realm. They have a stable of characters that will fit this mold moving forward too.

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It will go up and then come back down for sure. But it won't be a $20 raw book anymore.

Star Wars has not yet had a character take this form. Meaning, build popularity from comics and animated shows and then crossover into the live action realm. They have a stable of characters that will fit this mold moving forward too.

I took from your 2nd point that Star Wars comics (moderns at that) are performing better than your average movie/TV show speculated comic, and so, thats absolutely not true. 

or was that a prediction hm 

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I understand that you want to only hear yourself speak.  Sure the book may have been on an upswing for years...but by no means did it ever increase or spike like it did once the announcement 
of appearing on a TV show occured. 

So yeah, I understand the market just fine.  It's exactly the same as it has been for years, sheep chasing a book due to another lame character appearing in a show or movie.

I understand perfectly.... I sold so much crappy Star Wars comics at ridiculous prices because I know there are "comic investors" who think they are going to retire on this junk.

I loved selling 20+ copies of Star Wars #1 for over $2,000 USD when the new trilogy was going to be released and loved when I could sell all these $1.00 Star Wars books for $250 to $300 each because the cover had "The Last Jedi" written on the cover.

I love that Star Wars helps rope people into paying stupid prices.

1 hour ago, Red_Hood said:

I understand that you want to only hear yourself speak.  Sure the book may have been on an upswing for years...but by no means did it ever increase or spike like it did once the announcement 

So yeah, I understand the market just fine.  It's exactly the same as it has been for years, sheep chasing a book due to another lame character appearing in a show or movie.

I understand perfectly.... I sold so much crappy Star Wars comics at ridiculous prices because I know there are "comic investors" who think they are going to retire on this junk.

I loved selling 20+ copies of Star Wars #1 for over $2,000 USD when the new trilogy was going to be released and loved when I could sell all these $1.00 Star Wars books for $250 to $300 each because the cover had "The Last Jedi" written on the cover.

I'm just curious if you can provide any proof that you sold 20 + copies of Star Wars #1 for over $2,000?  We actually have a bet going (guys at work since we are bored) if you are telling the truth or making up stuff to make your argument look better.  I got 3-1 odds that you are telling the truth so hopefully you can prove it since my money is on you.

1 hour ago, raybowles said:

I'm just curious if you can provide any proof that you sold 20 + copies of Star Wars #1 for over $2,000?  We actually have a bet going (guys at work since we are bored) if you are telling the truth or making up stuff to make your argument look better.  I got 3-1 odds that you are telling the truth so hopefully you can prove it since my money is on you.

I have a few pictures in my archives somewhere on a memory stick showing all 28 CGC 9.8 copies of Star Wars #1 that I had received back from CGC after I pressed them. 
If I have the energy to go thru that memory stick to find the photo I'll post it but I don't feel like sifting thru 6,000 photos tonight.

3 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

For someone who’s allegedly made a lot of money on these worthless books you should be happier. Take your negative attitude and go elsewhere. Angry because a book is going for money because of an announcement. Nothing new or to be angry about. 

3 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

For someone who’s allegedly made a lot of money on these worthless books you should be happier. Take your negative attitude and go elsewhere. Angry because a book is going for money because of an announcement. Nothing new or to be angry about. 

Didn't say I was angry... just making a point and a rebuttal to statements of discussion about this particular garbage book.

11 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Ahsoka is far from an E-Class character

6 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

I feel like I'm having the same conversation with people that said the Walking Dead bubble would never burst.  

I’m not disputing your take on the modern market. Just wanted to point out that Ahsoka Tano is far from an E-Class character. In fact, she has been very popular for years and is an important character in the Skywalker Saga of Star Wars lore. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

10 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

I feel like I'm having the same conversation with people that said the Walking Dead bubble would never burst.  

Did it burst though?  And is the popularity over?  The show is still going on with talks of upcoming movies.  There are still millions of fans worldwide and Walking Dead 1 is still one of the most expensive modern books.

I understand your overall sentiment and tend to agree with the modern spec book market being foolish but a lot of your commentary is coming across as overly negative in a thread about "moderns heating up on eBay".  It doesn't really need to be pointed out every time that the next new modern book is a dollar book waiting to happen or that you can sell those dollar books for hundreds to thousands of dollars to people who don't know any better.

19 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

I've already addressed this and you have glossed over it to hear yourself speak, apparently.

Yea, again, you don't know Star Wars. Please keep talking.

13 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Star Wars vs. TWD.....yea....I'll just leave that one there....

On 3/23/2020 at 5:26 PM, Red_Hood said:

This turd will drop like a lead balloon after all the sheep finish grazing.... this hobby is a complete wash, rinse and repeat of the same garbage books week after week.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, Red_Hood said:

I don't have a problem with it... I'm more then happy to sell these junk books to the sheep for ridiculous margins.  I'll even smile at them while I do it..

Just for poops and giggles, what do you think these books will be bringing in 4 months? Let's say raws are currently in the $200 range and 9.8s $550-600

23 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Just for poops and giggles, what do you think these books will be bringing in 4 months? Let's say raws are currently in the $200 range and 9.8s $550-600

Let's say 4 months after the character appears on the show.   It would likely settle back in at $50 to $100 in raw grades while 9.8's sit at ridiculous asking prices of $1,000 to $1,200 and unsellable because people that bought during the sheep grazing don't want to lose their shirts on selling prices that will likely settle to $300.00 in 9.8.