• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Let's say 4 months after the character appears on the show.   It would likely settle back in at $50 to $100 in raw grades while 9.8's sit at ridiculous asking prices of $1,000 to $1,200 and unsellable because people that bought during the sheep grazing don't want to lose their shirts on selling prices that will likely settle to $300.00 in 9.8.

So not worthless, just back to what they were roughly 3 months ago...

17 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

So not worthless, just back to what they were roughly 3 months ago...

and all these "smart comic investors" that buy now will be so pleased with their investment strategy later because they bought now for the Fear Of Missing Out
and watch what they paid for the book now become a 50-75% loss 4 months after the show.

Wash... rinse... repeat.....   Deadpool, Antman, Star Lord, Rocket Raccoon.   History repeats itself over and over in this hobby and comic investors never learn.

Edited by Red_Hood

8 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Wash... rinse... repeat.....   Deadpool, Antman, Star Lord, Rocket Raccoon.   History repeats itself over and over in this hobby and comic investors never learn.

It's not the same guys.  Once they lose, they leave.  It's a new batch every time... or it's the same guys who learn how to get in and get out quickly.

History repeats itself when "babies just keep on pooping themselves", too, but year after year, it's not the same group of babies. lol

6 hours ago, valiantman said:
14 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

It's not the same guys.  Once they lose, they leave.  It's a new batch every time... or it's the same guys who learn how to get in and get out quickly.

History repeats itself when "babies just keep on pooping themselves", too, but year after year, it's not the same group of babies. lol

You mean . . . . my, my, my collection is worthless???!!!!  :cry:

:wink:

On 3/26/2020 at 7:46 AM, Red_Hood said:

and all these "smart comic investors" that buy now will be so pleased with their investment strategy later because they bought now for the Fear Of Missing Out
and watch what they paid for the book now become a 50-75% loss 4 months after the show.

Ah, more "worthless junk", to quote you.

On 3/26/2020 at 6:46 AM, Red_Hood said:

Is that phrase an oxymoron?

I don't think anyone is arguing that there aren't some people left holding the bag at the end, but that doesn't mean there's not a decent amount of profit (with time, effort, a bit of luck) to be made in the middle.

That's just the way it is, nothing to be mad about IMO

Edited by revat

5 hours ago, divad said:

Just wait until Deadpool XXV comes out . . . :flipbait:

When Reynolds met with Marvel a few months ago the book saw additional heat. As many copies out there Of that book that’s pretty amazing value. FF, X-Men, etc will all see a lot of interest as well as there added to the MCU. 

Speculation is a young Punchline, but that one app says Tynion denies?

I don’t know what I think. I mean I see it, but is it another Wolverine 80 type of deal? I know there are better examples, but I can’t really think right now lol.

3 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Speculation is a young Punchline, but that one app says Tynion denies?

I don’t know what I think. I mean I see it, but is it another Wolverine 80 type of deal? I know there are better examples, but I can’t really think right now lol.

Tynion would have to deny it since Ellie's creators are Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert. Ellie has green eyes while Punchline has blue eyes. James Tynion,Guillem March and Carlo Pagulayan are credited as Punchline's creators. Two different characters.

9 hours ago, kairos70 said:

Tynion would have to deny it since Ellie's creators are Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert. Ellie has green eyes while Punchline has blue eyes. James Tynion,Guillem March and Carlo Pagulayan are credited as Punchline's creators. Two different characters.

Okay, but Simonson and Liefeld are credited as Cable's creators, even though they did not create baby Nathan Summers. The fully formed character is what's important as far as credit goes. (This is not meant to be an opinion on this specific Batman issue)

2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Okay, but Simonson and Liefeld are credited as Cable's creators, even though they did not create baby Nathan Summers. The fully formed character is what's important as far as credit goes. (This is not meant to be an opinion on this specific Batman issue)

You're reaching, Any version of Nathan Summers is still Cable whether baby,teen or adult. Marvel just recently released Kid Cable;still Nathan Summers under a time displaced alias. He's not a totally new character just a different alias. Simonson and Liefeld are still the Creators of Nathan Summers just not all of his aliases. BishopT said Tynion denied Punchline and Ellie are the same character because I'm sure he wouldn't try to take credit for a character nor an alias he didn't create. Two different characters.

1 hour ago, kairos70 said:

You're reaching, Any version of Nathan Summers is still Cable whether baby,teen or adult. Marvel just recently released Kid Cable;still Nathan Summers under a time displaced alias. He's not a totally new character just a different alias. Simonson and Liefeld are still the Creators of Nathan Summers just not all of his aliases. BishopT said Tynion denied Punchline and Ellie are the same character because I'm sure he wouldn't try to take credit for a character nor an alias he didn't create. Two different characters.

No. Nathan Summers first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #201, which was written and drawn by Chris Claremont and Rick Leonardi. But they are not credited with creating Cable.

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

No. Nathan Summers first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #201, which was written and drawn by Chris Claremont and Rick Leonardi. But they are not credited with creating Cable.

So Cable is not Nathan Summers?