• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2020 at 9:18 PM, littledoom said:

X-Force 116 several copies sold the past couple days I don't know why.. someone clue me in

1st Allred on title; 1st new team - start of new run. Always a pick-up when you see it in the wild.

Doop.png

Edited by divad

39 minutes ago, divad said:

1st Allred on title; 1st new team - start of new run. Always a pick-up when you see it in the wild.

Doop.png

I sold out of all my copies... I'm just wondering why ppl are buying it up on ebay like is there any movie/tv news?

5 hours ago, littledoom said:

I sold out of all my copies... I'm just wondering why ppl are buying it up on ebay like is there any movie/tv news?

It was spotlighted in a recent gocollect blog post/video. That might have something to do with it. 

On 5/4/2020 at 11:14 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah. I can see that happening with a number of books. I recommend Clone Wars to everyone, but seriously, watch the series and scoop up the 1st appearances of any major or cool character. Season 7 and the Mandalorian seem to have brought new attention to the characters and arcs featured during the show’s run. 

I agree all that DH Star Wars stuff is full of gold ripe for the grabbing in cheapo boxes still I bet.  Some of the Marvel 1st appearances are a sure bet too I think.  Grab them cheap while they are down.

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

"This spike in price & sales is what happens when someone reports misinformation and other sites run with it. Recently, there was a reported post on Instagram allegedly from the production manager of THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER as well as WANDAVISION, who teased a picture of ULTIMATUM (which is really the acronym U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M: Underground Liberated Totally Integrated Mobile Army To Unite Mankind). This group has ties to Baron Zemo, Red Skull and M.O.D.A.K. With Zemo as the main villain in FALCON, this makes sense that he would potentially command this group. HOWEVER, a scooper shared his thought that this meant the MCU was potentially building towards incorporating the Ultimate Universe's "ULTIMATUM" into the upcoming MCU storyline.... Basically, this is bad spec. Regardless, misinformation still spreads stronger than the truth which is causing MCU fans to chase these down..."

CovrPrice.com

Someone bought the white 1:00 Magneto Variant RAW for $700... I don't know if they paid

11 hours ago, ygogolak said:

"This spike in price & sales is what happens when someone reports misinformation and other sites run with it. Recently, there was a reported post on Instagram allegedly from the production manager of THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER as well as WANDAVISION, who teased a picture of ULTIMATUM (which is really the acronym U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M: Underground Liberated Totally Integrated Mobile Army To Unite Mankind). This group has ties to Baron Zemo, Red Skull and M.O.D.A.K. With Zemo as the main villain in FALCON, this makes sense that he would potentially command this group. HOWEVER, a scooper shared his thought that this meant the MCU was potentially building towards incorporating the Ultimate Universe's "ULTIMATUM" into the upcoming MCU storyline.... Basically, this is bad spec. Regardless, misinformation still spreads stronger than the truth which is causing MCU fans to chase these down..."

CovrPrice.com

Who is buying these books? Actually comic collectors? Flippers? People wanting to show them off on social media? Glad people buy them was just wondering. Is there always a constant batch of new people coming in or people just dont learn? Same people people who bought the last jedi book aren't also buying what if jane foster are they. 

13 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

Who is buying these books? Actually comic collectors? Flippers? People wanting to show them off on social media? Glad people buy them was just wondering. Is there always a constant batch of new people coming in or people just dont learn? Same people people who bought the last jedi book aren't also buying what if jane foster are they. 

There are a ton of speculators/dumb money out there!  I can't tell you how many times I've had someone ask me 'is that a first print?', on a book that only had one printing.  

3 hours ago, spreads said:

There are a ton of speculators/dumb money out there!  I can't tell you how many times I've had someone ask me 'is that a first print?', on a book that only had one printing.  

Some people just want them for their collection. Not everyone who likes comics spends hours a week keeping up on all the happenings and printings of each book.

41 minutes ago, divad said:

Whozzat?

Some acronym for a organization that has disney rumors. Go back some, someone else talked about it detail I believe. I dont even remember mentioning it.

Other news, I seen some kanan 6 sell for 20 to 30 bucks. Looks like it's been that way for months. I did a search cgcforum kanan 6 nothing came up so dunno if it's been mentioned. 

1 hour ago, divad said:

Hm . . . so that's why this one sold today?

Loved this book!

Patrick

18 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Some people just want them for their collection. Not everyone who likes comics spends hours a week keeping up on all the happenings and printings of each book.

I guess.  But when you see 'Rai 0 $35' for sale while walking by, and then come back to purchase it 30 minutes after asking if it's a first print?  That's a casual buyer (speculator or not), it's not someone that was actively looking for the comic and is far less likely to bury it in their collection for an indefinite period of time.

21 minutes ago, spreads said:

I guess.  But when you see 'Rai 0 $35' for sale while walking by, and then come back to purchase it 30 minutes after asking if it's a first print?  That's a casual buyer (speculator or not), it's not someone that was actively looking for the comic and is far less likely to bury it in their collection for an indefinite period of time.

So you're talking about a specific instance that you had. Do you remember when you first started buying comics to sell for profit? You hit a home run each time?