• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, littledoom said:

Sweet Tooth 1

Instant insanity!  This is a great series, but this is was a book that sat for $5 in bins not that long ago.....I have to see what ST books I have lying around, I have the last issue, and I think a few others...

23 minutes ago, spreads said:

Instant insanity!  This is a great series, but this is was a book that sat for $5 in bins not that long ago.....I have to see what ST books I have lying around, I have the last issue, and I think a few others...

by the time stores open up all the comics that have heated up will have been picked and jacked up at higher places by store owners :\

Just now, Myowncollector said:

Incredible hulk future imperfect 1

Yeah my 1-2 sold yesterday and it was just put up recently... so I was shocked... Is there a new series coming? Or what? There's so many copies on ebay thats how it's been for years

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

Yeah my 1-2 sold yesterday and it was just put up recently... so I was shocked... Is there a new series coming? Or what? There's so many copies on ebay thats how it's been for years

I dunno. I usually buy 1 or 2 day for under 10 bucks. Haven't bought any in awhile so looked and they are going for $30 with a lot sold in past few days. Some speculation article probably or fake movie rumor. 

7 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Fudge just saw Maestro of all Hulks was getting his own series in August!

Speculation is at a new high. Used to take movies to make a book surge. Then tv shows. Then streaming shows. Now actual comic books how it should be but I am not buying it!!! Speculators just seen the new series and thought he can be on disney plus or mcu. 

22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Overall the market is still really healthy on the raw side I cant speak to slabs I don't sell enough of them. 

I even sold something to Europe. My international sales have plumetted the last few years, but you know the 
market is good when you are selling there too.

All I sell is slabs, they're flying out the door as long as the aren't priced too heavily over GPA 

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Overall the market is still really healthy on the raw side I cant speak to slabs I don't sell enough of them. 

I even sold something to Europe. My international sales have plumetted the last few years, but you know the 
market is good when you are selling there too.

It’s really tricky with slabs. On the one hand you take a book that you won’t be able to get 20 bucks for raw... say Alpha Flight 1... you then get it back 9.8... common sense tell ya right there and then you can flip it for 50$ easy... but wait... now they’re going for 100-120... 

so

if youre just looking to make a nice profit out of a 20$ investment, sell it for 50$ profit and forget the book ever existed... you’ll flip it in minutes within listing

but if you wanna get THE MOST out of it than yes I agree, you will sit on it for a very long long time

7 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

All I sell is slabs, they're flying out the door as long as the aren't priced too heavily over GPA 

lol

I don't think I've priced 'anything' above GPA on slabs.  Maybe this is the secret....if he's higher than GPA, it has to be the best!

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

It’s really tricky with slabs. On the one hand you take a book that you won’t be able to get 20 bucks for raw... say Alpha Flight 1... you then get it back 9.8... common sense tell ya right there and then you can flip it for 50$ easy... but wait... now they’re going for 100-120... 

so

if youre just looking to make a nice profit out of a 20$ investment, sell it for 50$ profit and forget the book ever existed... you’ll flip it in minutes within listing

but if you wanna get THE MOST out of it than yes I agree, you will sit on it for a very long long time

I guess this works for very high volume slabbers, but for those of us submitting up to 100 slabs a year I never sell them discounted to current GPA.  When I have a stack of books that I want to send to CGC, right before the submission I take another long look at the book and also pull up GPA to see what the market is on it.  I factor in the risk by analyzing shipping, slabbing, currency conversion, etc all before the book arrives back to me.  It's more of 'picky approach' but I have yet to sell a book for at least what I paid for it and does involve waiting - but who cares it just sits on ebay.

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

so

Yes and the question of inventory management comes into play as well along with other things. Your money can get wrapped up for awhile.

33 minutes ago, spreads said:
3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

so

I guess this works for very high volume slabbers, but for those of us submitting up to 100 slabs a year I never sell them discounted to current GPA.  When I have a stack of books that I want to send to CGC, right before the submission I take another long look at the book and also pull up GPA to see what the market is on it.  I factor in the risk by analyzing shipping, slabbing, currency conversion, etc all before the book arrives back to me.  It's more of 'picky approach' but I have yet to sell a book for at least what I paid for it and does involve waiting - but who cares it just sits on ebay.

Also  new sellers wont be able to do that. It take experience to do that.

8 minutes ago, spreads said:

New sellers won't be able to do what I'm doing, or the quick flip?

What you are doing. It takes time to figure out a method like that and screw ups.

A lot of new sellers lose their and are afraid to say anything. I have had a few over the 
years even PM me for some advice. They see this money we make and think its easy
and its not.

Edited by fastballspecial