• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I remember when those were cheap.. but I still didn't want to pay those cheap prices years ago either because it's modern Star Wars

Dark horse star wars is a gold mine. Disney keeps cherry picking characters from legends EU and using them canonically. Such as Thrawn, and potentially Mara Jade. 

17 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

Yeah if I had 200 issues I am cutting my foot off and putting a wooden peg on. Very least would be willing to hobble around on crutches while someone loads them up. I would like to make 10 grand but my little foot hurts. This memorial day weekend I am thankful we didn't have to depend on this guy to take the beaches of Normandy or cross the Delaware river in the frigid cold. 

Lol wow, tell us how you really feel!!! 

8 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

FCBD is hot huh? I posted this in the Adventures in the $1 Box thread last year. Now I just have to find them in the 100+ (actually have 200+ out there but I know it's not in the 106 I just bought a few weeks ago!) longs in the garage...

EA9DC738-B813-4543-A1FC-A139D6A824DE.thumb.jpeg.3a8f1f7082a80f1d00681d82070e401c.jpeg

PS you never responded to my :takeit: them all for $1 each Alex!

5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Thanks. Luckily I didn’t personally meet @Myowncollector after my accident otherwise my other foot would be stuck high up his  

What happened?

I rolled my right ankle badly 8 years ago playing ball hockey; I was on a breakaway and a lesser-skilled guy caught up to me stuck his blade of his stick out, and I stepped on the blade and my ankle completely rolled-over (as I was running).  Despite years of yoga, strength training and physio, it never healed 100%.  

Edited by spreads

7 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Thanks. Luckily I didn’t personally meet @Myowncollector after my accident otherwise my other foot would be stuck high up his  

Calm down there overly sensitive internet tough guy. I don't want you using your 100 - 200 forms of self defense on me.

Now after your accident if you could still kick my behind then I think you can manage some way of getting out your $10,000 worth of spiderman fcbd books. 

2 hours ago, spreads said:

Lol wow, tell us how you really feel!!! 

I am just playing around. Sucks to be injured. But he didn't say he was bed ridden or couldn't walk. Couldn't walk much. Don't have friends or family to drive you over there and get your books. Maybe he doesn't worry about $. Maybe full of it. Added some extra 0s. 1 - 2 books instead of 100 -200. I am not going to give him a pity party and lil sad emoji because he can't get to his books. I got family and friends missing limbs or in a chair and they would find a way to get to 10 grand. 

5 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Star wars Tales #7 is scorching. Copies going for $120 atm. Also a copy of star wars legacy #1 vol 1 2nd print is currently at $36 auction, with some time left. 

The legacy #1 2nd print ended at $56. Pretty big increase. 

2 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

I am just playing around. Sucks to be injured. But he didn't say he was bed ridden or couldn't walk. Couldn't walk much. Don't have friends or family to drive you over there and get your books. Maybe he doesn't worry about $. Maybe full of it. Added some extra 0s. 1 - 2 books instead of 100 -200. I am not going to give him a pity party and lil sad emoji because he can't get to his books. I got family and friends missing limbs or in a chair and they would find a way to get to 10 grand. 

Ya, maybe you're right.  100-200 books is really 10-20 and it's not worth the effort.  I think most people will evaluate the actual return on money for the effort (pain?) and Awol is deciding at this point of time it's not worth it for him.  But perhaps that will change. 

On 5/24/2020 at 7:53 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

FCBD is hot huh? I posted this in the Adventures in the $1 Box thread last year. Now I just have to find them in the 100+ (actually have 200+ out there but I know it's not in the 106 I just bought a few weeks ago!) longs in the garage...

EA9DC738-B813-4543-A1FC-A139D6A824DE.thumb.jpeg.3a8f1f7082a80f1d00681d82070e401c.jpeg

tenor.gif?itemid=9237805

Batman/Superman annual #4 is hot..... However the thought of it matching or surpassing Batman Beyond #1 1999 is ludicrous. The sold listings mostly show sub $100 sales. Batman Beyond #1 is STILL an undervalued key. The fanbase is massive. Artgerm be damned, I don't care. Give me the real deal. Sheer ridiculousness, it's like saying Batman: Harley Quinn #1 first print is equal to Batman Adventures #12. Pfffft

I'm sorry for the rant, but Terry is my favorite character. I just want to see the right book get it's due. 

18 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Batman/Superman annual #4 is hot..... However the thought of it matching or surpassing Batman Beyond #1 1999 is ludicrous. The sold listings mostly show sub $100 sales. Batman Beyond #1 is STILL an undervalued key. The fanbase is massive. Artgerm be damned, I don't care. Give me the real deal. Sheer ridiculousness, it's like saying Batman: Harley Quinn #1 first print is equal to Batman Adventures #12. Pfffft

I'm sorry for the rant, but Terry is my favorite character. I just want to see the right book get it's due. 

a lot of modern keys are increasing in price

On 5/23/2020 at 12:12 AM, mrwoogieman said:

As Dan likes to say - To The Long Boxes!!

Found a FCBD 2007 and an ASM 546 hiding in there - woohoo!

$50 for the pair in less than NM condition to the same buyer. 

:takeit:

21 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

1st print pulled $180. That's a bit absurd. 

2nd print has been pulling some mean consistent dollars. 

Patrick

On 5/25/2020 at 11:54 PM, maidenmate91 said:

batman beyond #1 1999 will one day be more expensive in 9.8 than Batman Adventures #12 9.8. low print run + a very hard 9.8. if only WB would get off there asses and do a movie with keaton as old man wayne

What's the deal with daredevil #3 from the current series?

I sold 1 last week then put up 3 more which all went to the same buyer.

Did some research & he's bought multiples from a few buyers

2 hours ago, TheSpud said:

What's the deal with daredevil #3 from the current series?

I sold 1 last week then put up 3 more which all went to the same buyer.

Did some research & he's bought multiples from a few buyers

See it all the time

We had boarding years ago buy over 500 copies of black acre 1 I think.