• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

I think it's a spec to be honest. But whatever, I guess it's selling for now. 

Sure it is. Yellow Hulk is just a flash-in-the-pan character and Marvel Action Avengers is just a kid's comic but once again shrewd ebay sellers managed to turn lead into gold.

3 hours ago, kairos70 said:

Sure it is. Yellow Hulk is just a flash-in-the-pan character and Marvel Action Avengers is just a kid's comic but once again shrewd ebay sellers managed to turn lead into gold.

I love the ebay sellers. Love the buyers even more. I dunno who buys this stuff but glad they do. There are a lot of nice silver and bronze books I can buy for $40. Heck even 2,3,4, or 5. 

My super close shop closed couple years back so now it's out of my way to get to a shop. I don't have a pull list so only reason to go to shop would be to buy these 1st Appearances. Probably should make the trip or order online. I missed out on yellow hulk, immortal hulk, shemale hulk, weapon x hulk, major x, star, both thor 2, batman who laughs, batman who farts, anything the past 2 years or so. I am sure purple hulk and blue hulk will be just as hot if they don't already exist. 

1 hour ago, Myowncollector said:

I love the ebay sellers. Love the buyers even more. I dunno who buys this stuff but glad they do. There are a lot of nice silver and bronze books I can buy for $40. Heck even 2,3,4, or 5. 

My super close shop closed couple years back so now it's out of my way to get to a shop. I don't have a pull list so only reason to go to shop would be to buy these 1st Appearances. Probably should make the trip or order online. I missed out on yellow hulk, immortal hulk, shemale hulk, weapon x hulk, major x, star, both thor 2, batman who laughs, batman who farts, anything the past 2 years or so. I am sure purple hulk and blue hulk will be just as hot if they don't already exist. 

:roflmao:.......Batman who farts...….:roflmao:

On 6/1/2020 at 3:50 AM, Myowncollector said:

It's been hot for at least 90 days. 1st I am hearing about it. So if you are the 1st to report on it this thread is pretty pathetic. But thank you. This is news to me.

:roflmao:

You've been here since April. Have you went back to read what was said before you got here?

giphy.gif

Edited by awakeintheashes

Annihilation conquest : wraith #1,2 have been on fire due to Knull lore retcon. Showdown between Knull and Wraith coming soon in web of venom. Also annihilation conquest prologue is selling. I know these have been warm for a while but I haven't seen them on any lists, and they are consecutively selling for good money. 

3 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Annihilation conquest : wraith #1,2 have been on fire due to Knull lore retcon. Showdown between Knull and Wraith coming soon in web of venom. Also annihilation conquest prologue is selling. I know these have been warm for a while but I haven't seen them on any lists, and they are consecutively selling for good money. 

I've been seeing #1 is solid $50-60 ... that's really strong considering it was "Hot" for a $30 book several months ago

16 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

This is awesome, considering that I've been lazy about getting my Annihilation books up on eBay

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

That’s going for more than Annihilation Conquest #6 (1st modern/MCU GOTG lineup), which I think is crazy.

I believe that's because that is a first team appearance, and no individual first appearances. Wraith #1 is his actual first appearance.

Where as first Starlord, Drax, Gamora, Rocket.. are other already expensive issues.

9 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I believe that's because that is a first team appearance, and no individual first appearances. Wraith #1 is his actual first appearance.

Where as first Starlord, Drax, Gamora, Rocket.. are other already expensive issues.

I remember GOTG 1 2008 was selling for $75-100 around the movie hype.. it's tamed down to around $45ish

8 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I remember GOTG 1 2008 was selling for $75-100 around the movie hype.. it's tamed down to around $45ish

That book has crumbled!  I sold a CGC 9.8 a few months ago, and although I'm happy what I got for it it's a fraction of what it sold for years ago (not that I had the book years ago anyway).

12 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I saw a NM copy on ebay last night for $25! That book didn't hold its value at all! Cool 2nd print variant is the one I would want. 

On 6/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, littledoom said:

Selling out of all Jurassic Park stuff... what is all the commotion about?

I haven’t been able to keep any Jurassic Park comics in the shop for over a year now. Doesn’t matter if I slap $8 price stickers on them they all move.

Regarding the Marvel Action Avengers 10, Diamond’s shipping has been really wonky since the restart. I’ve had books arrive two weeks apart (cover C one week, cover A the next week, cover B the week after that). Specifically for Yellow Hulk there was a gap between the weeks I got my regular and incentive. 

You used to be able to judge scarcity of a book based on how quickly it heated up on eBay because the presumption was every shop got their books at the same time and if $30 buyers were available, the sellers would show up until you knew where real demand was. That is not the case in these first few weeks of relaunch. Books may heat up for a week or two and then see a flood as other shops receive their own copies. 

On an unrelated note, expect a flood of previously hot variants from the last 12-15 months arriving in the next couple weeks at an eBay near you. Marvel started their annual variant sale and last Thursday featured a ton of 1 in 200, 1 in 100, 1 in 50 variants at a buck a piece. All those Marvel Tales 1 in 50 Bartel variants that used to be incredibly scarce? They were on there. Some quick-to-the-trigger dealers now have more copies of some variants than were previously in the wild. The sale is still running and there’s still some nice 1 in 25s and whatnot. But the sharks ate the best meat a week ago.