• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, BishopT said:

The first appearance of Cindy is that volumes #1 right? I know there were tons of those printed, so no telling if it’ll pick up at some point, but it’s a pretty common dollar book in these parts, even as a 5.99 cover price.

Someone with no name or face gets bit by spider. Vol 3 2014 Probably 100k print run. 

9 hours ago, BishopT said:

The first appearance of Cindy is that volumes #1 right? I know there were tons of those printed, so no telling if it’ll pick up at some point, but it’s a pretty common dollar book in these parts, even as a 5.99 cover price.

I was looking at buying a couple copies of Issue #1. But then saw that there are like 250 different covers for that book and said forget it. It was too confusing. There's one or two covers that I like and may still get, but it's not a priority for me at the moment.

I wouldn't so easily dismiss UF4 as a hot book that'll crash.  To think that a 9.8 will be $150 one day is from my opinion completely wrong.  Into the Spiderverse was a huge movie and kids are growing up knowing who Miles Morales is.  My 12 year old daughter knows most of the major superheroes, has watched Avengers Endgame and other superhero films but Miles is her favorite character and that's the 1 comic she's always pointing to in my comic room.  I wouldn't buy it at current prices but I wouldn't dismiss how hot it currently is AND its future potential.

Edited by Keys_Collector

53 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

I was looking at buying a couple copies of Issue #1. But then saw that there are like 250 different covers for that book and said forget it. It was too confusing. There's one or two covers that I like and may still get, but it's not a priority for me at the moment.

The standard cover is the best buying option.. but not the best art cover-wise .. I can see people gravitating to that one should it get "hot" .... there's been comics with ultra high print runs see price increases

2 minutes ago, littledoom said:

The standard cover is the best buying option.. but not the best art cover-wise .. I can see people gravitating to that one should it get "hot" .... there's been comics with ultra high print runs see price increases

I think that's my problem with the standard cover. It's just so blah to me. Of course, if it jumps to a $100 book, it'll look a lot better.  lol

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

I wouldn't so easily dismiss UF4 as a hot book that'll crash.  To think that a 9.8 will be $150 one day is from my opinion completely wrong.  Into the Spiderverse was a huge movie and kids are growing up knowing who Miles Morales is.  My 12 year old daughter knows most of the major superheroes, has watched Avengers Endgame and other superhero films but Miles is her favorite character and that's the 1 comic she's always pointing to in my comic room.  I wouldn't buy it at current prices but I wouldn't dismiss how hot it currently is AND its future potential.

I agree with this.  Miles will be around a long time and will figure prominently in the movies.  The price will settle a bit but then slowly creep up over time. The 2nd prints are getting hot now because the first is now unaffordable for many.  I think there's plenty of room to grow there as well. 

1 minute ago, cd4ever said:

I agree with this.  Miles will be around a long time and will figure prominently in the movies.  The price will settle a bit but then slowly creep up over time. The 2nd prints are getting hot now because the first is now unaffordable for many.  I think there's plenty of room to grow there as well. 

I have this same mentality towards Riri Williams... it's only a matter of time... facts! haha

5 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I have this same mentality towards Riri Williams... it's only a matter of time... facts! haha

It's a tad bit different though since that character has not had a huge Oscar winning blockbuster movie.  It could definitely change in the future and I do see that character having some legs to further trend upwards. 

2 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

It's a tad bit different though since that character has not had a huge Oscar winning blockbuster movie.  It could definitely change in the future and I do see that character having some legs to further trend upwards. 

Not only that, but the movie gave Miles a better origin story than what Bendis wrote in the books. 

Edited by catch21

16 hours ago, Myowncollector said:
20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I am not sure why but ASM V3 No 5 is selling well as 2nd Silk.

That is only thing in it.

Issue 1 some female gets bit by spider. No name or face. Issue 2 single page cameo, shown shooting web out of finger and knowing spiderman identity, no face shown. Issue 3 no face is shown but there is a 2 page cameo and character name is revealed as Cindy and she shows the ability to stick to ceiling. 4 is the 1st full Appearance of Cindy and last name Moon and the name silk but she just wraps herself in webbing for Costume. Issue 8 she gets a clothing Costume. 

I guess the point is if you look at Deadpool's 2nd app its pretty much worthless in comparison.

4 hours ago, cd4ever said:
5 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

Crash isn't a term I would use, but there will be an adjustment. Books don't scream up that high and continue that course at that speed. No one is saying the potential isn't there. Its just not there yet. 

5 hours ago, littledoom said:

So apparently Amazing Spider-Man #637 is the first new Madame Web and has been quietly doing something. isn't that nice... there's multiple covers.. the 2nd print and variant are nice

Yeah just sold mine. The 2nd print is difficult to find just like those ASM copies that spell out Spider-man. I never pass those up.

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

So apparently Amazing Spider-Man #637 is the first new Madame Web and has been quietly doing something. isn't that nice... there's multiple covers.. the 2nd print and variant are nice

You'd think that Secret Wars 6 & 7 would be in higher demand then as well. 

A year or so ago, I sold a Thrawn #1 Mattina variant 9.8 CGC SS signed by Zahn and Mattina for $1000. It sold within hours of me putting out the auction (BIN, no offer).

I guess maybe that person knew what they were doing. I have one more and think ill hang onto it for a while.

8 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

X-Force 2 got a bump when the Deadpool movies were coming up. Problem is that there were a ton printed. But it still did all right. 

Even for a dollar in NM I struggle to buy it.. and struggle to sell it for something worthwhile

7 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

I have faith in Black Panther 2 first Shuri

44 minutes ago, littledoom said:
53 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

X-Force 2 got a bump when the Deadpool movies were coming up. Problem is that there were a ton printed. But it still did all right. 

Even for a dollar in NM I struggle to buy it.. and struggle to sell it for something worthwhile

Yeah looks like a raw high is $8.00
While I agree the print run was high its the type of collector now compared to back then that is
the issue.