• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Batman 89 is cameo

Hell Arisen 3 is first full 

True I did say that, I didn't know about the cameo in #89, also I hope cgc is as quick to label designation on recent bats books, with #92 the 1st cover and 2nd appearance and any origin

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

True I did say that, I didn't know about the cameo in #89, also I hope cgc is as quick to label designation on recent bats books, with #92 the 1st cover and 2nd appearance and any origin

Not sure what CGC will say since she is on the cover of both 92A and B.  Joker 80th was a quasi origin story.....although not much.

1 minute ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Not sure what CGC will say since she is on the cover of both 92A and B.  Joker 80th was a quasi origin story.....although not much.

Ya I think someone might have said it already in that its "similar to marvel's red goblin" @Erndog

That certain issues were hyped like batman #92 and ASM #800

But all in all the 1st app and such had come and gone etc

Just my opinion or what I took from the post I read lol the poster added "fans went for it hook line and sinker"

I don't own hell arisen nor batman 89, but I did like and buy #92 just for kicks...and own ASM 798? 1st red goblin, sometime dc is just fun to read

Hopefully I've kept up with it enough for this to be worthy response and feel free to add or subtract, just my thoughts. :)

Yeah, a seller that I know locally sold a sealed raw copy for over $500 yesterday. It’s wild, and somehow there isn’t an absolute flood of copies on eBay. Can we expect even more 9.8 highs to come, much sooner than later even?

I’m going to sell some reprints, but I don’t know if this horse is just gonna keep running for the 1st print. I do have three 1st print copies (one still in bag) and I didn’t pay over cover for any of them. I’ll be closely watching eBay over the next few days, as I’m sure most others will be.

But anyway, I think this has to be the defining book of the last decade, both in terms of cultural relevance and value now. Things could change, but I think this is the one.

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

75K print run may seem high but aren't there more then 75K people who are into the character from comic collectors to those who play video games to those who loved the award winning animated film?  

Are you saying people who like the video game are going to run out and buy a copy of his first appearance?

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

This is said over and over again in any hobby.  There's been ridiculous hype in comics for a while now.  I mean look at record breaking 9.8 prices that have gone on for years now.  I'd reference any time someone payed in the past thousands more for a 9.8 that sells for much less now.  This hobby has its moments like any other.

For the record, I get the UF4 hype.  This character has a lot of legs to keep on running and pop culture appeal.  75K print run may seem high but aren't there more then 75K people who are into the character from comic collectors to those who play video games to those who loved the award winning animated film?  Having not only an influence in comics but also in movies and games will continue its appeal more then most other characters.  
Some guys just don't understand because it doesn't appeal to them and that's fine.  But understand that there's a whole generation of kids who are going to grow up with Miles as their favorite super hero.

I was not discussing uf4 I was discussing the spawn previews completely different.

Just now, I like pie said:

Are you saying people who like the video game are going to run out and buy a copy of his first appearance?

Of course not everyone who plays the game will run out and by it but you can't dismiss that the video game will bring more eyes to the interest in his 1st appearance.  My statement included video games but didn't focus on that.  You can look at the PS4 Spiderman game launch from last year that was acclaimed and the interest that brought to certain comics.  I saw plenty of people jumping on the Spiderman bandwagon after that game became hot.

51 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Yeah, a seller that I know locally sold a sealed raw copy for over $500 yesterday. It’s wild, and somehow there isn’t an absolute flood of copies on eBay. Can we expect even more 9.8 highs to come, much sooner than later even?

I’m going to sell some reprints, but I don’t know if this horse is just gonna keep running for the 1st print. I do have three 1st print copies (one still in bag) and I didn’t pay over cover for any of them. I’ll be closely watching eBay over the next few days, as I’m sure most others will be.

But anyway, I think this has to be the defining book of the last decade, both in terms of cultural relevance and value now. Things could change, but I think this is the one.

I think it's way too early to say it's a defining book of the last decade based on two weeks of hype. Over the past week, there has been a ton of copies on ebay and everyone is selling on facebook.

IMO, no better time to sell.

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I was not discussing uf4 I was discussing the spawn previews completely different.

There's been a lot of back and forth so its hard to keep track of what comic we are talking about.  My statement still generally applies to making it seem like this is the worst the hobby has been.

44 minutes ago, I like pie said:

I think it's way too early to say it's a defining book of the last decade based on two weeks of hype. Over the past week, there has been a ton of copies on ebay and everyone is selling on facebook.

I’m a little more nuanced... I sold my Marvel Previews 95 for $500 because I have a hard time imagining a catalogue holding that price long term. However, I have a UF 4 and UF 4 variant that I’ll be hanging onto. A comparison to Batman Adventures 12 a few pages back seemed very apt to me, and I think these books still have room to grow.

2 hours ago, I like pie said:

Agreed. It is not as if UF 4 is the only book spiking. For example, my newsstand CGC 9.8 UXM 266 is over $1200 a few days into the Clink July auction, and other copies have been hitting the $900 - $1000 mark over the past couple of months. This was a $250-$300 book at the start of the year. A lot of other Copper and Modern keys, and Silver and Bronze books, have jumped in price at the same time that COVID cheques started to arrive. 

Edited by kimik