• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Corona smith said:

I’m half tempted to sell my CGC 9.4 UF4 which I paid $110 for back in March. It’s selling for $400-600 now. 

That's probably a good idea.  Expect the CGC numbers to get much higher in a month (or three) and the prices will almost certainly fall once a wave of raw copies are graded.

On 6/11/2020 at 6:07 PM, Jaydogrules said:

When and where did the artist and writer say that, exactly? 

(And FTR, that still wouldn't stop it from being an Easter egg.)

-J.

Verified on their Twitter accounts around the time that Key Collector put up an alert about it.

7 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:
7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I was not discussing uf4 I was discussing the spawn previews completely different.

There's been a lot of back and forth so its hard to keep track of what comic we are talking about.  My statement still generally applies to making it seem like this is the worst the hobby has been.

To that specific book yes when compared to Thor 229 its insane.

To UF4 and the others no. Those books are a perfect storm right now and its not just that one. I am selling ASM 4 consistently
and Edge 2. Maybe in a few months when all the Covid stuff dies down the book will fall some, but right now its a seller's market.
1.) Government surplus money
2.) PS5 Game
3.) No Conventions
4.) Several LCS still either closed, partially or gone out of business. 

I underestimated how long this would last. With most conventions cancelled in June and over 1/2 in July so far this may
trend out longer then expected I think I am up around 35-45% over last year for the last 2 months.

3 hours ago, siro123 said:

Heating up more like on Fire for UF 4.

UF 4 Fleabay Sales

Star Wars Heir to the Empire #1 is Heating up.

Heir to the empire fleabay sales

Heir is really starting to smoke and with 2 very good characters it has a right to be.

Mara and Thrawn are fantastic characters that Timothy Zahn did amazing stuff with.

On 6/14/2020 at 11:10 AM, GLCBrad said:
On 6/14/2020 at 11:08 AM, kimik said:

If you have 9.8 Copper or Modern keys/hot books, now is the time to unload them.

Literally what everyone has been saying for the last 10 years

Yet here we are

Yes I agree, but like I said earlier this scenario we are right now is great for a seller with good inventory
and time. 

I wish I had the time to get all my books up lol. Never enough time.

I'm very cool with Miles, Spider-Gwen, Silk and Doctor Aphra getting some play!  I am a big fan of those characters and have been since the beginning, but it does look like it might be time to sell some and fill the coffers.

I do have an EoSV 2 Comic Bug CGC SS 9.8 signed by Siya Oum, Silk #1 Stacey Lee variant CGC 9.8, Darth Vader 3 Larocca variant (raw) and Ultimate Comics All-New Spider-Man Miles variant (raw) that I intend to keep for the long haul.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

To UF4 and the others no. Those books are a perfect storm right now and its not just that one. I am selling ASM 4 consistently
and Edge 2. Maybe in a few months when all the Covid stuff dies down the book will fall some, but right now its a seller's market.
2.) PS5 Game
3.) No Conventions

I underestimated how long this would last. With most conventions cancelled in June and over 1/2 in July so far this may
trend out longer then expected I think I am up around 35-45% over last year for the last 2 months.

I need ASM 4 to spike some more. $200 for a 9.8... meh.

But they did print a lot of those. I guess just put her in a video game. (:

11 minutes ago, manetteska said:
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

2.) PS5 Game
3.) No Conventions

I need ASM 4 to spike some more. $200 for a 9.8... meh.

But they did print a lot of those. I guess just put her in a video game. (:

Pretty much.

I am okay with $200 when the initial cost was very little.

I think they will all appear at some point, but they wont have all 
the other conditions helping Miles.

Still happy that I hung onto some UF#4. Sad that I sold a lot more than I kept in the old collection. Down to 8 copies. 

Wouldn’t  blame anyone for selling right now. Big profits to be had at the moment. Won’t be selling any of my bunch.

Had this as my top pick in my spec thread last year and @Aweandlorder and I have been on this title a Loooooong time. I remember buying these in polybags 10 for $17.99 maybe 7-8 years ago. Wish we could go back in time.

Watching people react to this book makes me think it’ll be even bigger than originally expected. Is he this generation’s Spidey ? Maybe. If he is, he’ll be bigger than Venom, or Harley, or, or....Spider-man is a BIG deal. 

If you don’t have a ton of these, holding seems the better option. If you have 15-50 of them or you need the money, by all means, sell, sell, sell.

Keep an eye on Vengeance #1 too. It’s been steadily solid but the potential of every aspect of this character could make America Chavez the NBT

Edited by the authority

9 minutes ago, the authority said:

Still happy that I hung onto some UF#4. Sad that I sold a lot more than I kept in the old collection. Down to 8 copies. 

Wouldn’t  blame anyone for selling right now. Big profits to be had at the moment. Won’t be selling any of my bunch.

Had this as my top pick in my spec thread last year and @Aweandlorder and I have been on this title a Loooooong time. I remember buying these in polybags 10 for $17.99 maybe 7-8 years ago. Wish we could go back in time.

Watching people react to this book makes me think it’ll be even bigger than originally expected. Is he this generation’s Spidey ? Maybe. If he is, he’ll be bigger than Venom, or Harley, or, or....Spider-man is a BIG deal. 

If you don’t have a ton of these, holding seems the better option. If you have 15-50 of them or you need the money, by all means, sell, sell, sell.

Keep an eye on Vengeance #1 too. It’s been steadily solid but the potential of every aspect of this character could make America Chavez the NBT

Considering how the price of all of the printings of Edge are shooting up, I think I'm going to go ahead and get all of the printings of Ms Marvel 1 graded

11 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

There's going to a whole generation of kids that disagree with this.

BTW, adding "facts" to the end of a statement doesn't actually make it a fact. :roflmao:

There is not going to be " a whole generation" that agrees with that. Sorry, a generous amount sure. However my sons age 3 and 6 BOTH know and prefer the OG *Stan Lee voice* Ol webhead Peter Parker over Miles.

Also I'm sure it has nothing to do with the self sabotage they put Peter through in the edge of spiderverse movie. He was a chubby unheroic loser, yea I would think kids would be more inspired by a cool kid with ambition and character development. Talk about rigging the game.

Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man, that said it's ok if kids or young adults prefer Miles. But no matter what Peter will always be Spider-Man, all they did was swap out a body. Not that impressive of story telling just a creative imitation.

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Fair enough more for me.

I literally have stacks of them... every FCBD and Halloweenfest I hit multiple shops for free books with hopes of that.. those Vader 3's were sitting up on my ebay every since that Halloween... I'll eat my words .. but I seriously doubt anyone would want a reprint unless it's an AF15 reprint.. SW collectors want the real thing and it's not far out of reach like Clone Wars 1

Well i guess im dumb!  I should of bought the ultinate fallout 4 weeks back like i wanted to.  Guess i wont be owning a copy of that book anytine soon.  When did edge of spiderverse 2 get so hot?  I could of sworn a cgc 9.8 was going for $400-$500  a couple of months ago?  So why is it a $1100 book?  Clone wars 1 cgc 9.8 is pretty hot as well, and i predict that will be the harley quinn of this generation.  I wish i still own one of those as well!  Stupid me sold it a few years back :(

11 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

How many people can actually afford AF15 vs UF4?  That's a silly comparison.

By next year people will be saying same thing but the other way around. I like miles better but all I can afford is Peter so will have to settle for af15.