• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Spider-Gwen.  Squirrel Girl.  America Chavez.  Silk.  Moon Girl.  Etc etc.  All are rising....and I doubt any have had deep and/or memorable stories as of yet.

Which is exactly why I would tread lightly on any of those characters.  Unless we all agree that the medium is dead in regards to important, memorable storylines.  That would be even more worrisome.  

4 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Which is exactly why I would tread lightly on any of those characters.  Unless we all agree that the medium is dead in regards to important, memorable storylines.  That would be even more worrisome.  

Not dead....just different, with different collectors having different perspectives and goals.  

Key (memorable) storylines will always be sought after....even more so if they generate a new and interesting character.  

I think it's not that easy to do or we would have more examples of it.

5 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Spider-Gwen.  Squirrel Girl.  America Chavez.  Silk.  Moon Girl.  Etc etc.  All are rising....and I doubt any have had deep and/or memorable stories as of yet.

I've always had the theory (usually with females) that a minority character is always a good bet as diversity in their movies/TV is always a must. There will always be at least one, and usually more, minority character in every vehicle. You are definitely seeing a lot of that with the recent hot books with regards to sex/race/LGBTQ. 

3 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I'm actually trying to think of something memorable happening in ASM in the past 5 -10 years and I keep coming up empty.  

Flash Thompson Venom, Red Goblin, Silk, Peter Parker/Doc Ock saga. Decent amount of first appearances like Stealth Suit, Leopardon, Spider Punk, and the aforementioned characters. 

6 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Flash Thompson Venom, Red Goblin, Silk, Peter Parker/Doc Ock saga. Decent amount of first appearances like Stealth Suit, Leopardon, Spider Punk, and the aforementioned characters. 

Grim Hunt

10 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

And the big part of the Doc Oct saga, the "death" pf Peter Parker.

4 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I'm actually trying to think of something memorable happening in ASM in the past 5 -10 years and I keep coming up empty.  

Yeah, I collect everything Spider-man and this latest series with Peter Parker has been a snoozer. Grim Hunt was nothing to write on a forum about. The series with Silk  was mediocre but garnered attention after Spec took off for issue #4. I liked the six part Spider-verse story arc where Spider-punk made his debut but the series quickly went nowhere. Red Goblin spec created a huge stir around issues #794,#795 and #796 but the thrill was gone by #797. #797- #800 first prints barely go for above cover price despite the first appearances and story arc ending. I'm waiting for Donny Cates to take over writing Spider-man lol. Just kidding....kinda.

I think a lot of Disney collectors/fans are bringing the prices of Miles stuff up. They’re buying it up. Disney buyers are Marvel buyers now and it’s been that way for a while now. They’re completionists. I think they can see Disney doing big things with Miles. And if he gets live action screen time UF4 will go nuclear. And if one thing is true, it’s that Disney fans pay up

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
4 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I think you missed a key word.

6 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

The start of the Superior Spidey arc from ASM 700 through the first bit of Otto-spidey was fun.

Remember that time Spider-Ock fucking took off Scorpion's chin ...

Other than that, the best story IMHO was Sins of the Past, especially the issue where Peter visualizes Norman and Gwen hooking up. I laughed out loud when I read that. It was fun from the sense that it turned a whole bunch of Spidey canon on its head.

gwenstacylovescene-456.jpg

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, kimik said:

The start of the Superior Spidey arc from ASM 700 through the first bit of Otto-spidey was fun.

Remember that time Spider-Ock fucking took off Scorpion's chin ...

Other than that, the best story IMHO was Sins of the Past, especially the issue where Peter visualizes Norman and Gwen hooking up. I laughed out loud when I read that. It was fun from the sense that it turned a whole bunch of Spidey canon on its head.

Man where people pissed about that lol

47 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Man where people pissed about that lol

The Norman and Gwen trist? Yeah, that was awesome. It is one of my favorite ASM pages of all time. I wonder if the OA is available for it? hm

Edited by kimik