• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the Miles Morales: Spider-Man series and the Spider-Men with Peter was also a fun read - I think the idea that it’s a high school Spider-Man grappling with the same things Spidey did in the 60’s gets at what makes the character popular. 
I think that’s why I enjoy Tom Holland’s version of Spider-Man the most out of the movies he sells it as a HS kid from NYC. The Miles movie was one of the best Marvel movies made (IMO) so that does do something to boost the character as well. Remember the cartoons are out there and popular which is building the audience. Remember Wolverine got a huge boost from the cartoons and introduced him to a new generation. Harley is popular almost exclusively because of the cartoons. 
Out of the newer big 2 characters I really do think Miles Morales has some staying power.

Ok folks, time for the daily ultimate fallout 4 update! Wait a second, this is the wrong forum, where is the ebay books that are cooling down forum? I seen a bunch today at auction at only $200 and some with a few minutes to go. Yes I know all the bidding is done in the last 10 seconds but with what seemed like a extra bit of supply to the market pace ( I could have missed the L but pretty sure autocorrect changed place to pace) I checked to see if it affected the prices. And it did. Just yesterday nice rawson ( aka raw, great job autocorrect, I don't even know what rawson means)and bagged copies were $450 or better. Today copies struggled to get into the 300s. 

Screenshot_20200618-234929_eBay.thumb.jpg.cbd185ecd53151efdd11a41145e8ea6c.jpg

Not sure how nice those are, maybe they are lower grade but market was flooded today. Few auctions of $350 or less. Bagged or not didn't matter. One buy it now at $150 and it was nice, someone just listed without doing the research for the new price. Probably bragging how he cant keep em in stock. Something to keep tabs on. Maybe the price for them got so high it forced reluctant sellers to sell.

Edited by Myowncollector
Autocorrect

Sealed bagged should go for more than loose raw... who wants a Superman 75 without it still being sealed in the bag? There’s a big price difference for the standard and platinum. I predict in 2-3 months there will be a price adjustment 

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

Sealed bagged should go for more than loose raw... who wants a Superman 75 without it still being sealed in the bag? There’s a big price difference for the standard and platinum. I predict in 2-3 months there will be a price adjustment 

Little different as the actual graphic on the black bag is fairly iconic. Plus Supes 75 came with a bunch of extras inside and had a different cover from the normal version. 

5 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

Ok folks, time for the daily ultimate fallout 4 update! Wait a second, this is the wrong forum, where is the ebay books that are cooling down forum? I seen a bunch today at auction at only $200 and some with a few minutes to go. Yes I know all the bidding is done in the last 10 seconds but with what seemed like a extra bit of supply to the market pace ( I could have missed the L but pretty sure autocorrect changed place to pace) I checked to see if it affected the prices. And it did. Just yesterday nice rawson ( aka raw, great job autocorrect, I don't even know what rawson means)and bagged copies were $450 or better. Today copies struggled to get into the 300s. 

Screenshot_20200618-234929_eBay.thumb.jpg.cbd185ecd53151efdd11a41145e8ea6c.jpg

Not sure how nice those are, maybe they are lower grade but market was flooded today. Few auctions of $350 or less. Bagged or not didn't matter. One buy it now at $150 and it was nice, someone just listed without doing the research for the new price. Probably bragging how he cant keep em in stock. Something to keep tabs on. Maybe the price for them got so high it forced reluctant sellers to sell.

You have to compare apples to apples when using data post ending sales from both days for a good comparison.

I was in my lcs by some miles issues cheap when the phone rang twice looking for the issues I was buying at the counter 

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

You have to compare apples to apples when using data post ending sales from both days for a good comparison.

I was in my lcs by some miles issues cheap when the phone rang twice looking for the issues I was buying at the counter 

Bunch of amateurs, who the hell calls ahead? All that's going to do is alert the owner to a price increase, and they're going to mark it up. How lazy....

1 hour ago, maidenmate91 said:

Bunch of amateurs, who the hell calls ahead? All that's going to do is alert the owner to a price increase, and they're going to mark it up. How lazy....

I was at a shop yesterday and the owner pulled all of the Miles kissing Gwen covers... a lot of retailers have their own facebook groups and also key collector apps.. lets not forget their main business is to make money on comics more than it is the speculators 

Edited by littledoom

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

I was at a shop yesterday and the owner pulled all of the Miles kissing Gwen covers... a lot of retailers have their own facebook groups and also key collector apps.. lets not forget their main business is to make money on comics more than it is the speculators 

Similar thing happened on my side, went to my LCS on Tuesday to go get some spec books on Miles and going through the dollar bins and back issues. Got a couple of books and the owner asked if there was something going on. Told him I'm getting these before they shoot up in value and told him about a couple others heating up as well as the Halloween ComicFest 2019, he had a box full for 25c :p they run daily auctions and he put one up and it sold for $20

Went back on Thursday and he thanked me for the heads up and gave me $25 off on the Superman/Batman Anuual #4 I was wanting to buy. Pulled all the books from the boxes haha, probably going to reprice them again because they were selling for well below cover price. I bought a few that they only had one copy of and when I showed him the current sold listing for them on ebay his jaw dropped :p

15 minutes ago, Hekla said:

Descender heating up with news of show in development

that one has long been a "sleeper hit" ... Animosity up next? 4 Kids Walk into a Bank? too bad I sold my Descender run a while back

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

Thats a smart motivated owner. Nothing wrong with that. Glad they are not in my area lol.

1 hour ago, IbukiLord said:

Similar thing happened on my side, went to my LCS on Tuesday to go get some spec books on Miles and going through the dollar bins and back issues. Got a couple of books and the owner asked if there was something going on. Told him I'm getting these before they shoot up in value and told him about a couple others heating up as well as the Halloween ComicFest 2019, he had a box full for 25c :p they run daily auctions and he put one up and it sold for $20

Went back on Thursday and he thanked me for the heads up and gave me $25 off on the Superman/Batman Anuual #4 I was wanting to buy. Pulled all the books from the boxes haha, probably going to reprice them again because they were selling for well below cover price. I bought a few that they only had one copy of and when I showed him the current sold listing for them on ebay his jaw dropped :p

yes I have done that before as well make them some money and they remember it.