• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Does anyone know the significance of this book other than being a 1:10 and a Miles book that has been getting some silly sales numbers, $150. I see some places say it's the first appearance in comics of his movie costume but can't any proof of that, CGC labels also don't specify.

hepRMFB.png

Does your post mean this book is especially hot in South Africa?

7 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

I was joking. But he should of waited. I was buying more at $20. Has there been a sure thing in the last 3 years? I think the ones you mentioned are the last ones. 

He just sold the last 12 he had at the show for $20 apiece to us on the last day since he was packing up and heading out. He was getting $120 apiece for them the first three days. We hit it off with him so he gave us a deal and explained his system.

There have been many sure things the past 3 years based on his criteria. Most of them were Marvel (e.g. Thanos 13, TAH 22, Venom 3, Immortal Hulk 1), but DC is now getting into the game (although Naomi 1 was an awesome play as well). The latest one was Punchline - she was telegraphed well in advance - and there several others coming up from both companies that should be $$$$$. 

The Independent game has been much tougher since really late 2011 - mid 2013. Back then pretty much every Image #1 became a $10-$20 (or more) book overnight and that lasted for a few months. For every hit now there are a ton of misses, and the window for selling them is much shorter.

7 minutes ago, kimik said:

He just sold the last 12 he had at the show for $20 apiece to us on the last day since he was packing up and heading out. He was getting $120 apiece for them the first three days. We hit it off with him so he gave us a deal and explained his system.

There have been many sure things the past 3 years based on his criteria. Most of them were Marvel (e.g. Thanos 13, TAH 22, Venom 3, Immortal Hulk 1), but DC is now getting into the game (although Naomi 1 was an awesome play as well). The latest one was Punchline - she was telegraphed well in advance - and there several others coming up from both companies that should be $$$$$. 

The Independent game has been much tougher since really late 2011 - mid 2013. Back then pretty much every Image #1 became a $10-$20 (or more) book overnight and that lasted for a few months. For every hit now there are a ton of misses, and the window for selling them is much shorter.

immortal Hulk 1 wasn't a sure $20 bet the day it released. Naomi heated then cooled off.. theres never any guarantees 

27 minutes ago, littledoom said:

immortal Hulk 1 wasn't a sure $20 bet the day it released. Naomi heated then cooled off.. theres never any guarantees 

I thought Immortal Hulk 1 was a no brainer due to the cool Ross cover, not the storyline or the character. As a result I missed out on #2...........

The latest Venom #1 was a no brainer to me due to Cates and popularity of the character. I figured it would be a $10 - $15 book at conventions all day long. The only mistake was not speculating on #3 since I was not sure about Knull. Luckily there have been/will be other follow on opportunities in the title to make $$$ on. 

Naomi #1 was a no brainer as well. I did not expect to be selling it for $100 at shows last year, but I thought it would be a $20 book.

There are two books coming out in July that I consider sure bets as well.....................

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I thought Immortal Hulk 1 was a no brainer due to the cool Ross cover, not the storyline or the character. As a result I missed out on #2...........

The latest Venom #1 was a no brainer to me due to Cates and popularity of the character. I figured it would be a $10 - $15 book at conventions all day long. The only mistake was not speculating on #3 since I was not sure about Knull. Luckily there have been/will be other follow on opportunities in the title to make $$$ on. 

Naomi #1 was a no brainer as well. I did not expect to be selling it for $100 at shows last year, but I thought it would be a $20 book.

There are two books coming out in July that I consider sure bets as well.....................

I bought up Venom 1 2016 and Spawn 298-301 ..... did I fail?

What are those two July books?

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

I bought up Venom 1 2016 and Spawn 298-301 ..... did I fail?

What are those two July books?

Depends on when you sold the Venom 1 2016, and what price you bought them at.

I speculated on Spawn 300 and sold the variants to cover my discounted bulk buy cost. If you did that, you are fine.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Depends on when you sold the Venom 1 2016, and what price you bought them at.

I speculated on Spawn 300 and sold the variants to cover my discounted bulk buy cost. If you did that, you are fine.

If I'd only bought about 100 copies of 301 3rd print.....life would be real good

:sorry:

1 hour ago, gradejunky said:

If I'd only bought about 100 copies of 301 3rd print.....life would be real good

:sorry:

Did you take a look at the Venom 25 2nd print wraparound cover that is coming out in a couple of weeks by any chance?

Edited by kimik

33 minutes ago, divad said:

Which is why no one here is actually, "wealthy." lol

Oh, there are boardies that post here who have turned comic money into equity investments that would be deemed wealthy now as a result..........

Hell Arisen 3 9.8 has been selling steady at 130-150 since CGC slabs of that book started coming in. Saw one go for 165 this week. Punchline hype is real plus print run is low a third of Batman 89 or 92 at around 35k total copies and most stores either didnt order many or any at all. WB reserved right to use her in upcoming film so I recommend holding onto a couple as I don’t see her going away any time soon DC is pushing her hard and Tynion has a good handle of Batman right now and says he plans to keep her relevant so fingers crossed. Batman 96 is first appearance clown hunter so be on look out for that one. Although it won’t be as rate as Hell Arisen 3 as it will most likely be closer to 100k print run.

Edited by RJ MacReady